Monday, November 12, 2018

Halloween was over, it's so sad to see the decorations down…

Monday was a pretty relaxing day, I didn't think it was gonna be. I woke up about midnight and I was getting those hot/cold chills and the headache again, last time my bladder was leaking through my SP tube which sent me right into a full-blown panic attack. I tried to calm myself down for a couple of hours but ended up getting worse so I called my mom to come down and give me a lorazepam and a couple of PMs. I tried to sleep but couldn't so it was nice to see Karen when she came in this morning, of course, it's always nice to see her. She fed the fur babies and then we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath, thank goodness my bladder was not leaking but I couldn't go to sleep. Rosa came in and fed me and the boys and girl and my uncle, my aunt, Claudia, and my mom and I played cribbage. Before we played cribbage my aunt said that when she left from Rich's house and bear Creek Road his new puppy Gunner started acting really sick and lethargic so they grabbed him up and stuck him in the van and took him to emergency, come to find out he likes to fight at Bee's and he got stung and is allergic. It's a good thing they thought and move really fast because he would have been gone and that would've been devastating. All the way down to the vet my cousin was telling my aunt to shake him and open his eyes and that saved his life. So scary! Rich called while we were playing cards and said they were on the way home and Gunnar was doing a lot better.

Tuesday was a really good day. Cindy came in and gotten dressed and up in my chair after feeding the crew. The Woofpack came and picked up the boys and then I realized it's Robby's 12th birthday, well at least he's going to have a good day hanging out with the pack. I talked to Omar for a bit and then I left and Cindy and Omar took down the Halloween decorations outside, gone for another year. I cruised through Depot Park, down to the end of the wharf and back, down Westcliff Drive to the second dog beach, back down to the end of the wharf and back again and home. It's kind of a relief to be able to cruise around and not have to worry about an off-leash dog coming to attack my service dog, I don't have to constantly be paranoid and looking around for something to happen. It's also nicer to cruise down Westcliff Drive because I don't have people honking their little bike forms or yelling at me to get out of the way… With my service dog and I, we pretty much take up the whole sidewalk. I got home before the boys and they were still really frisky so they played around in the yard for a while until Rosa came in. She fed the fur crew and then put me to bed and fed me. I just listen to music and edited my pictures for the rest of the evening. What a wonderful day and everybody is exhausted and sleeping well. the couple that started the Woofpack and a baby and Robby fell in love and now he wants one, he really is awfully cute!












































































Wednesday was another pretty good relaxing day. Susan came in and gave me a nice long massage, my shoulders were a little tense but so much less than they used to be. My uncle made me an extension on my bed so I don't have to hold my head up all the time, I just feel really uncomfortable if my head is below the mattress… I wish we would've thought of this 10 years ago because it makes such a huge difference. Karen came in and we did some personal care and I decided to just take a shower because Karen was going to take the boys over to the vets for a follow-up visit. She put me on my side and by the time she got back I was so comfortable I didn't even want to get up, I might be sorry later but it feels so good right now. I watch TV and pretty much did nothing else the rest of the day and it was awesome. Rosa came in and said the crew and then fed me and put away some of the indoor following decorations before she left, I was out.

Thursday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and got me up and I took Robby out for a nice long cruise, the weather was beautiful and it so nice to be out and about again. We cruised over to the wharf, to the boardwalk and then back home. Dude and I took off downtown for my appointment with Carol, my psychologist. We cruised around downtown, down to the end of the wharf and back, down to the end of the boardwalk where they were already setting up everything for Christmas. They already got this huge tree up, lots of lights, it looks like an elves workshop and a place for Santa to sit and visit with everybody. We worked on some commands while we were at the boardwalk, it's the perfect place when nobody is around. We ran into Jimmy, the guy that paints the carousel horses and pretty much everything at the boardwalk. We talked to him for a while and he said he's going to be at the carousel horses for a while so come by and talk to him while he's working, he's such a nice man and he has so many great stories about the boardwalk and life. We cruised back over to the wharf, it's sad to see no more decorations and I hope they think a little bit more about decorating for Christmas, one of the maintenance workers told me that they have to either include all different ways of celebrating Christmas if they're going to decorate, I guess they get a lot more people complaining there than they do at the boardwalk. I really hope they get it figured out. We cruised back home and hung out in the yard for a while and then I took Robby back out again for another cruise, he is looking like a puppy again and I love it! We cruised back over to the wharf and then turned around to come back because it was getting cold, we hung out in the yard for a while and just enjoyed the beautiful weather. Rosa came in and put me to bed after she fed the crew and then fed me. She brushed my teeth and wash my face and I was pretty much out. She was going to get some boxes and put away the Halloween decorations in the living room but something moved and she got scared and she decided to just go home.





Friday was another great day. Karen came in and fed the fur crew and then we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath, it felt so great. For some reason the last couple of weeks and just cold all the time, really cold or really hot. I hope I'm not coming down with something. She got me dressed and up in my chair and I took Robby out for a cruise. We cruised through Depot Park, over to the wharf, over to the boardwalk where we ran into our friends Russell and Sparky.  We cruised in front of the boardwalk and I could see they were already starting the Christmas decorations so I took Robby home and got Dude so I could go on the boardwalk and take pictures. We cruised through the boardwalk and it seems like everybody was out there decorating for Christmas already. I took some pictures of them setting everything up and ran into Jimmy, the guy that paints the carousel horses. Dude was really interested in all the things that he had hanging down from his bike, I think he even tried to snatch a few things. He said that he was going to be working painting the carousel horses for a while so to stop by and keep him company, he's such a sweet man and loves his job so much but who could blame him?? We cruised to the end of the wharf and back and then came home and the boys played in the yard for a while. Teresa came in and fed everyone and put me to bed and got me something to eat. I watched TV for a while, listen to music for a while and then eventually fell asleep.




























Saturday was a nice relaxing day. Cindy came in and put me on my side to see how my pressure sore was doing, the original one is almost healed and now I have a new training one underneath it. I decided since the boys were going out on their play date to stay in bed and when she set me back up to the computer there was an email from the Woofpack stating that puppy playdate was canceled due to the bad air quality from all the fires. If it's not good for the dogs to be out there I don't want to be out there either so I'm glad I decided to stay in bed, I think a couple more days and I should be as good as new.  Omar and Cindy took the last of the Halloween decorations back to storage and straightened everything up a little bit and bring back the Thanksgiving decorations. I slept on and off most of the day and Theresa came in early to do some personal care and a nice long hot bath. Personal care seems to be really exhausting me lately but I do feel better after the nice long hot bath. I watch TV and eventually fell asleep.

Sunday was another relaxing day, I'm still worried about the air quality outside so I thought I would just stay in bed one more day to make sure. It's so frustrating to get up and then not even be able to cruise around because of the weather or air quality. Cindy came in and fed the crew and then fed me and I fell back to sleep before she left. I had Theresa come in early to take my mom to the store for some shopping because she lost her car keys and can't find them anywhere, I know they have to be around here somewhere and eventually they will turn up. She called AAA but because the car was pulled into the garage the tow truck could not pull it out social either have to find the keys or have the whole car rekeyed. They went to the store and then came back and Theresa did a little bit more look around for the keys, you think you looked everywhere but they're just nowhere to be found. On the way back from the store they stopped at panda express but I made the mistake of reading the nutritional information online and then I felt guilty any more than a couple little bites. I watched a series on lifetime movie network called YOU and it was pretty good, Karen has been telling me about it for a while and I decided to quit putting it off and just watch it. I woke up this morning and I had watched the whole series but there was one that I missed, I probably fell asleep. I went back one or two more episodes to make sure and then it all pieced together.

1 comment:

betty said...

Hard to believe that Robbie is 12 years old already! Its also hard to believe that Christmas is next month. Already people are decorating here too.

betty