Sunday, November 18, 2018

Two more weeks until Thanksgiving…

Monday was another day in bed. Karen came in and fed the fur babies and then we did some personal care. I didn't sleep very well last night so I couldn't keep my eyes open and then we did some more personal care and I was already exhausted, I just wanted to take a bath and go back to bed. Karen took the boys out and let them play in the yard for a while and then she started decorating for Thanksgiving. I slept on and off most of the day and watch movies on Lifetime. Rosa came in and fed the kids and left just as my uncle, my aunt, and Claudia came through the door, my mom came downstairs and replaced cribbage, I actually skunked somebody tonight. I was having a hard time keeping my eyes open during the game so after the game, I was out.

Tuesday was a pretty good day. Cindy came in and fed everyone and got me dressed up in my chair. The air quality is pretty good so I decided to get up and go do some shopping, I haven't been shopping for a long time. We started off at target and they had so many adorable things so of course, I bought a whole bunch of adorable things. We stopped at Starbucks on the way out and I got an egg white, feta and spinach wrap and white chocolate peppermint mocha, almost immediately I could feel my stomach was bloating, I was feeling so good and then I just had to ruin it. We went to Ross, we should avoid their first because on Tuesdays if you're over 55 you get 10% off and by the time we got to Ross I was miserable and just wanted to go home. Instead of going home I had Cindy drop me off at the wharf so we can cruise around until Rosa comes in, I thought maybe the fresh cool air would make me feel better. Rosa texted me and said she would be at my house in 20 minutes so we headed home. Rosa fed the kids and then put me to bed and fed me, I was really exhausted so I fell right to sleep.






































































 Wednesday was another miserable day. Susan came in and gave me a nice long massage, it's always so nice and relaxing. Karen came in and we did some personal care which ended up taking six hours and two baths. I was so exhausted and worn out and the day was almost gone so I decided to stay in bed. My mom took Dude down to the vet to have his ears rechecked, they are looking better but we need to flush them out for another week. I texted Rosa and told her we were getting done late so she didn't need to come in. I was just exhausted and I wanted to sleep. I watched TV for a while and finally fell asleep.

Thursday was a better day. I slept pretty well and I couldn't wait to get up and get out of here. Karen came in and fed the crew, fed me and then got me up for the day. I took Robby for a cruise through Depot Park, down to the end of the wharf and back, over to the boardwalk and back home. Dude and I took off for a cruise down to the end of the wharf and back, down to the end of the boardwalk and back and then home. It was so nice to get out and I actually felt really good, I haven't been feeling the greatest all week because of a lot of stress/frustration and because the air quality around here is not so good. My mom took Karen and I to my appointment with Dr. Petrocelli, my new rheumatologist. I was diagnosed with osteoporosis a while back and both my doctor and I forgot about it so I finally got an appointment. They did a huge blood panel test before I had to go and everything looked great, I was so excited! I thought Karen should go in case they needed to take off my braces or something but the appointment went really smoothly. He prescribed me a weekly dose of something for my osteoporosis and said that everything looked great, my kidneys, my liver, and my teeth. What a great appointment! He was super sweet and made me feel really comfortable. We came back home and I just hung around here for a while until Rosa came in to feed the fur babies and put me to bed. Trish came by to watch a couple episodes of Portlandia, for some reason when I'm only doing one thing at a time I fall asleep so fast. Usually, I'm watching TV while doing something on the computer and I just can't fall asleep, let this be a lesson to me to do only one thing at a time when I want to fall asleep. We talked about having a Christmas party on December 15th, I wanted to have it on the 22nd but so many people have plans that day or are going out of town. I fell asleep pretty quickly after she left and actually slept all night.




























Friday was another long miserable day. Karen came in and fed the crew and then we did some personal care, lately, it's just been really hard on my body but a nice long hot bath afterward feels great. She got me up in my chair and I took Robby out for cruise and then had Theresa bring Dude and pick Robby and I up at the parking lot in front of the wharf and she took me to my appointment with Dr. Hurray, he hasn't seen Robby for probably about a year and every time he asks me about him and tells me to bring him in so I decided to. As soon as Robby heard his voice she jumped up and he was so excited he could hardly contain himself. The doctor took him into the other room to introduce him to the new people and give him a treat. I had my Google glass on but didn't even think of taking pictures. After my appointment, we cruised back home and after she fed the animals she put me to bed and got me something to eat. I watched TV for a while and then fell asleep. It's so nice to get out and about again.
















 Saturday was another boring day in bed. Cindy called in sick, she had a migraine probably from all the smoke. I messaged Theresa to ask her to come in early but she ignored me so I texted Karen and she came in to feed me and the fur crew. They canceled the puppy play dates again because of the really bad air quality so I decided to stay in bed also.  Claudia came by to drop off a puppy that she found wandering a couple streets away, she was on her way to work and didn't know what else to do. There was no caller/tags so Kelly took it down to the vet to see if it had a chip and he did. I put an ad in the neighborhood digest and the Santa Cruz dog site webpage on Facebook and I immediately got a couple of posts that somebody found from earlier, it looked a lot like the same dog so I called and a lady answered and she was so thrilled that we had found her puppy. I told my cousin took the puppy down to Westside Animal Hospital and she said she was going to jump in her car and cruised down there. They were reunited and everybody felt great. I watch TV for most of the day and Mariposa came in about 2 PM to give me a treatment and the rest of the day we all just laid around and watch TV. Theresa came in and fed everyone and then left. I watched TV and tried to get caught up on my blog and pictures until I fell asleep.

Sunday was another smoky miserable day stuck in bed. I woke up soaked with bad chills again so I had Cindy change my two when she came in after she fed the crew. I texted Theresa to see if she could come in early and possibly show Cindy how to do the program but she texted me back and said "have Rosa do it" I was so confused, why would she say that?? While later she texted me back and said she would come in at 12:45 PM if she could just do the program by herself so I told her to forget it and stay home. I texted Karen and she said she would show Cindy how to do the program tomorrow morning and put me on my side for the day. I watched TV pretty much all day, there was really nothing else to do. Cindy came back in at 4 PM to feed the crew and I. I just relaxed again and watch TV and phone a couple ads online for a caregiver, hopefully, somebody reliable this time.

1 comment:

betty said...

I hope you and yours have a great Thanksgiving, Tammie!

betty