Thursday, September 27, 2018

One more week until we can unpack the Halloween decorations;

Monday was a pretty long day. Karen came in and we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath and I decided to stay in bed, I wasn't feeling well and I have a pressure sore. It's weird but when you get a pressure so it really messes with your mood, I just wanted to stay in bed, watched TV and goes on and off. Rosa came in and fed everybody and then my uncle, my aunt, my mom, Claudia and I played cribbage. I almost got skunked. I fell asleep right after everybody left.











Tuesday started out to be a great day. Cindy came in and got me up after she fed the fur crew.  The Woofpack came to get Dude for his hike with the pack. I had an appointment with Jennifer to get a facial and Robby had an appointment with the vet tech at Westside Animal Hospital to get a blood and urine sample. After my appointment I cruised down to the wharf and then came back home to hang out in the yard for a while with Robby, he just loves laying around the yard and watching what goes on in the neighborhood. They brought Dude back and we were all cooling down inside when I got a text from Rosa saying "I forgot I have an appointment at 4 PM so I will be over after" this is the second time in a row that she left me waiting around and I was so frustrated and upset, my aunt came in and I told her what was going on. This is the second Tuesday in a row that she has left me waiting around, frustrated and upset so my aunt said we need to get together and talk about it. I texted Cindy so she could come by and help her mom understand why I'm so upset and as they usually do they both started talking every time I started to say something and cut me off, luckily my aunt was there and didn't let them do it and I think we finally got everything settled. I am always a little afraid to say anything because it's really awkward to have an argument with somebody and then they have to address you and put you to bed but then I and the fuming about it day and night for the next couple days, that just doesn't seem fair to me?

Wednesday was a pretty good day. Susan came and gave me a really nice two-hour massage. Karen came in and we did some personal care and of course a nice long bath. She got me dressed and open my chair while the groomer was grooming the boys outside. I took Robby for a cruise down to the wharf and back, I dropped off Robby and picked up Dude And we cruised through Depot Park, down to the end of the wharf and back, down to the end of the boardwalk... Actually, the end of the boardwalk was blocked off and they had security because I guess they're still filming the movie The Transformers and they were doing a scene on the beach. It tilted back in my chair in the shade and watched for a little while, how exciting! I haven't seen the first two movies but I will definitely see this one just because it was filmed here at the wharf/Boardwalk. I'm so mad that I can't get my Google glass to work because this would've been some really good memorable pictures. I cruised back home and Rosa came in and put me to bed after she fed the crew. I watched TV for a while and eventually drifted off to sleep.

Thursday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and got me up and I took Robby for a cruise down to the wharf and back. Dude and I took off for my appointment downtown with Carol, as I was cruising down the sidewalk in front of the Salvation Army there was this old gentleman in a wheelchair coming towards me and I remember thinking "how cute, he looks like Santa Claus" that's when he looked up and started yelling at me "get the hell out of my way, I'm just as disabled as you are and where do you expect me to go?" Although there was enough room for him to move over to the left and we could've cruised by I thought it better to just turn around and go out into the street and around him. I was in the bike lane but I really hate having my dogs on the outside where the traffic is zooming by, I was so angry and I couldn't think of anything else for a while. I decided to cruise around downtown for a little bit to try and calm down and I thought I heard somebody talking to me but I wasn't really in the mood to talk so I kept on walking and I heard a lady say "excuse me" I stopped and turned around and this really sweet lady came up to me and said "do turning these kinds of dogs?" I said "no I got them from Canine Companions for Independence in Santa Rosa" and she said "oh, I saw you walking earlier with another white one and know you have a black one" I explained to her that the white one is retired and that the one I have with me I have had for a year. I felt a little better having somebody be nice to me so I cruised inside the building to wait for Carol, the elevator is too small so she usually walks Dude upstairs and I meet her and get on the elevator. I came to the door and I was leaning back and somebody came in behind me and said "hi Tammie" I turned and looked and there was Andrei, it's always so good to see him. He said that he saw me so followed me in to say hello, totally made my day! He said he was looking downtown for something for his wife, their 40th anniversary is coming and he wanted to get her something special. We talked for a while and I told him I was having a Halloween party and he said he would try to make it, I met his daughter before when I ran into them at Costco but I have never met his wife. He is such a character I can imagine that his wife is also, I hope I get to meet her. We cruised down towards Depot Park and to the wharf but it was so hot that I decided it was better to turn around and head for home. It was only 1:00 PM so I had a really long wait until Rosa gets here at 5 PM so the boys and I took turns sitting outside and then cooling off inside. Heather came in and we talked for a little bit and she grabbed some empty containers and she was going to go home and whip me up some outrageous food and bring it by in the morning. I keep saying it but I'm so excited to have Heather back cooking for me again. came in and fed the crew and then put me to bed and fed me. Whenever I get overheated I'm always exhausted when I cool down so I went right to sleep.

Friday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and we did some personal care and an awesome nice long hot bath after she fed the furry critters. I took Robby for a nice long cruise through Depot Park, over to the wharf, over in front of the boardwalk and back home. He has been doing really well the last couple of days and I love it! I love seeing him trotting along beside me while I'm in my chair and looking up at me, she just looks so happy to be out. I brought him back, I didn't want to overdo it and got Dude and we cruised through Depot Park, down to the end of the wharf and back, down to the end of the boardwalk and back, back down to the end of the wharf again and back home. As I was cruising home down the wharf I heard somebody say "Tammie?" And when I looked at her she said my name again with a question in her face. I said yes and recognized her immediately, I ran into her a couple times... Once she came to my house with a high school friend and the other was at the music in the park in Los Gatos. We were talking for a few minutes And the lady that she was with said: "you live on Walti Street don't you?" I told her I did and she said that her daughters Mycah and Ayla grew up on the street and used to hang out with my nieces, what a small world?? We talked some more for a while and then we cruised home. Theresa came in and fed everyone and put me to bed and after she left I just watched some TV for a while hoping to drift off to sleep soon.

Saturday was a rotten miserable day. I woke up about 2 AM with cold sweats and a really bad headache, I thought it was just a really really bad anxiety attack and waited until about 4 PM and didn't go away so I called my mom to see if she could get me a lorazepam. She did but it didn't help at all. Cindy came in and after she fed the kids I told her I was feeling really awful and when she looked my bed was soaked, I didn't even think of it being my bladder. We called my mom down to help and they changed everything because everything was soaked. My mom walked her through changing my SP tube and after a while, my body settled down and I felt better, I really thought I was on my way to urgent care with a nasty UTI. I texted Theresa and she agreed to come in early and try some personal care. I was supposed to go to a concert at the Saratoga Mountain winery with Trish, we were going to see cheap trick and Ann Wilson and I was so upset that I couldn't go but I knew I would just be miserable the whole time. I texted Trish and asked her she could find a friend to go with and gave her the tickets. I also had tickets to the mountain sol in Felton and although it was a three-day ticket I was just going to go on Saturday and Sunday, I gave those tickets to Trish also. After we did personal care and a nice long hot bath I felt much much better and fell asleep almost immediately.

Sunday was a much better day. I texted Trish and see if she wanted to take the boys for a cruise, she wanted to go to the concert in Felton but just to see the last two bands that were going to play. Instead, she asked me if I wanted to go in the afternoon for a couple of hours and I was thrilled! When we got there we found out it was $70 for one day and we were only going to stay for three hours so we decided to sit outside the fence of the concert and actually it was really nice, it was a really hot day but we found a really nice place in the shade where there was no sun and a nice breeze. We came back home after the second set and Theresa was here waiting to put me to bed, I am so glad Trish talked me into going! Next year I'm going all three days.

1 comment:

betty said...

I hope your Google Glass gets working again, Tammie. That's neat that they were filming the next Transformer movie in your area!

betty