Thursday, September 20, 2018

Halloween is getting closer, looking for ideas…

Monday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and we did some personal care and of course a nice long hot bath. I stayed in bed and rested all day, I'm still not feeling hundred percent. I wish I could have slept on and off all day but I couldn't fall asleep so I just watch TV and explored on the computer. Rosa came in and fed everybody. My uncle, my aunt, my mom and Claudia and I played cribbage but not for very long because everybody was tired.

 Tuesday was a pretty good day. Cindy came in and got me up after she fed everybody. The Woofpack came to get Dude so I took Robby for a cruise to the wharf and back, I know he likes to go out and cruise but I don't know how long he can handle, he starting to show his age. Is he just use to his job being by my side or does he really feel good and want to go?? I wish I could read his mind and body and know how he feels. Cindy took me over to the hospital to get my hand x-rayed, it was a little bit more swollen today. I had her drop me off at the parking lot in Depot Park so I could cruise down to the end of the wharf and back home to greet Dude and hang out in the yard a bit with the boys. Rosa came in and got me something to eat, my mom fed the fur babies earlier. I haven't been on Pinterest for a while and I'm looking for ideas to decorate for Halloween, I'm so excited!! My Google glass decided to quit working, I hope it's only for a couple of days like usual.







Wednesday was a really great day.  Karen came in and fed everybody and then got me up and got the boys ready for a trip to Los Gatos Lions Club. Jan from the Los Gatos Lions Club invited me to their monthly meeting and asked me to bring Robby and Dude, they helped me get Robby back in 2009 and we used to go there every year so they can continue to see how incredible their participation and donations have helped until I lost touch with Jan. We made plans a few times but something always happened and I was so excited that we were finally going to get to see them again and they can meet Dude. I asked my aunt if she could take us because it's 12 o'clock in the afternoon in Los Gatos and I didn't have anybody else to drive. It was really nice to see everybody again and of course, everybody remembered Robby and was so thrilled to meet Dude. Marv, a gentleman that I met at the support groups in Santa Clara Valley medical Andrew got together a couple of times, was also there and hoping to talk to me about getting a successor dog. He got a dog a little while after I got Robby and it was time and he was just wondering how the transition went from working dog to retired dog with a new dog taking over. He sounded like he was doing everything right to transition Yara, is working service dog, into retirement but it's always a little sad because I guess you never really know if the dog is okay with it or not. They always have a really nice lunch and then Marv told how he got the dog and how much he and the dog do for the community which is a lot, he started an organization called Day of Discovery where he teaches children with different abilities how to scuba dive. Can you believe he is a paraplegic anti-scuba dives?? He also does a lot of other amazing things. Then it was my turn and of course, I fumbled through what I wanted to say and then my aunt took the microphone and added her view, she is always so much more levelheaded, doesn't get nervous and always is the right thing. After the meeting we talked for a little bit and then came home in time for Rosa to come in and put me to bed, I was just exhausted more mentally than physically because I still get a little nervous and I'm so glad it's over. After she fed everybody I watched some TV until I drifted off.



Thursday was another pretty good day. Karen came in and got me up after she fed the fur babies and I took Robby for a short cruise over to the wharf and back, he looks like he's feeling better but the vet still only wants him to go on short cruises and only go with the Woofpack on Saturday where they just hang around in somebody's backyard until they find out why his white blood count is so low. He gets so excited when they come to pick them up on Saturday and so sad when they come and only get Dude on Tuesdays. Dude and I took off downtown for my appointment with Carol. It went by really fast and I took off a little bit early because I have to be back home by noon for my appointment with somebody from advanced blinds and shades, the shades that they sold me when I moved in here went out of stock and are starting to fall down. I went down to the showroom and picked out a color and style so all he needed to do was measure and let me know when they come in. I picked blackout shades that open both from the bottom and the top and also I will be able to open them and close them with Amazon echo which is awesome! The guy was really nice and got everything measured and I even asked him to put something light and inexpensive in the garage. I cruised around with dude for a while and then came back home and hung around outside with the boys until Rosa came in to feed everybody and put me to bed. She fed me and I think I was out before she left.


Friday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and after she fed the four babies we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath. She got interested up in my chair and I took Robby for a cruise down to the wharf and back and then he hung out on his favorite couch looking out the front window. Dude and I took off for a cruise through Depot Park, to the end of the wharf and back and then through downtown to my appointment with Jessica to get my hair done. This was a new place for her and it was pretty nice, lots of room. Of course, Dude was a big hit, he is so goofy he just makes everybody laugh. After I got my hair done we cruised back down to the wharf and that I got a call from my friend Elizabeth and her and her friend Kelly were almost to my house, they were coming to visit for dinner and to hang out for a couple of hours. We decided to go down to the Mexican restaurant a couple blocks down and get some food and bring it back here to eat in the backyard and catch up, I just love my backyard. The time went by way too fast and Theresa came in to feed the boys and girl and put me to bed. I watched TV until I fell asleep.

Saturday was a pretty good day. Karen came in to work for Cindy because Cindy had the weekend off. After she fed the crew the Woofpack came to get Dude for the Saturday play date, Robby looked so heartbroken being left behind so she asked if she could take and I said sure... All they do is sit around in the backyard and play if they want so I felt it was harmless. There wasn't really anything for me to do so I ended up staying in bed and resting all day, it felt good and I didn't feel guilty staying in bed because the dogs were off having a good time. Theresa came in and we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath, such a nice way to relax and fall asleep.

 Sunday was a really good day.  Karen came in and got me up after she fed the crew. My aunt decided that she was going to cook A full-blown Thanksgiving dinner with all the trimmings and it sounded so good. My cousin Rich, his friend Sue and his two daughters Luana and Melia also came over and we had such a delicious dinner. Theresa came in and put me to bed and I had a really good evening watching TV and just relaxing until I fell asleep.

1 comment:

betty said...

Its hard to believe Halloween is next month; the year has gone by so fast. I'm sure you'll find lots of great ideas on Pinterest on what to do for decorating!

betty