Thursday, October 4, 2018

Time to break out the Halloween decorations...

Monday was a really good day. You know that really great feeling that you get when you feel like you're going to die and then the next day you feel amazing?? That's how I felt all day! Karen came in and fed everybody and we get some personal care and a nice long hot bath. I decided to stay in bed because I was still a little bit tired, it was nice to just relax and rest all day. Uncle Dick, aunt Kathy, Claudia, my mom and I played cribbage but I was really tired and kept falling asleep.

Tuesday was another really good day. Cindy came in and got me dressed and up in my chair. The Woofpack came to get Dude so it was just Robby and I for the day, just like old times. We took off for a cruise through Depot Park, to the beginning of the wharf, along the front of the boardwalk and then home where we hung out in the driveway for a while. We decided to go for another cruise, later on, Robby was looking and feeling so good. We came back and waited for Dude and the boys actually ran around in the yard and played, Dude to a little bit longer than Robby but I just love seeing them play together. Rosa came in and fed the fur crew and then put me to bed and fed me. I was really exhausted and I think I fell asleep before Rosa left.

Wednesday was another pretty good day. Susan came in and gave me a two-hour massage, I really needed it! Karen came in and we did some personal-care and of course a nice long hot relaxing bath. She got me dressed up in my chair and I took Robby for a couple mile cruise, or regular route. We came back home and Karen was reading the manual for my exercycle and of course, she figured it out, I knew she would! It's so exciting knowing it's only a matter of time until I can start exercising every day because I know it's going to solve a lot of my problems and hopefully I will sleep really good. The physical therapist that ran our support group is going to come over next Monday and show us where to place the electrodes and how to set it up properly and I'm so excited! Dude and I took off for a cruise and were gone pretty much the rest of the day, when we got back we hung out in the driveway with Robby for a while until Rosa came in to feed everyone and put me to bed. Again I was out before she left, I just really exhausted this week for some reason.

Thursday was a great day. Karen came in and got me up and she was telling me how the exercycle worked, I exercised my arms without electrodes and I was able to go for about 10 minutes. Robby and I went out for our morning cruise and ran into Vince, he is always so much fun! We talked for a while and then I came back to get Dude. We went for a nice long cruise around Santa Cruz. For some reason this morning my Google Glass started working again and I'm so excited! I was getting really bumbed not being able to take pictures, I haven't been down on Westcliff Drive for a really long time and I use to love cruising down there. We cruised down to the end of the wharf and back, through the boardwalk and I was taking him downtown to meet a friend when I looked down and noticed my chair was almost completely dead so I came home and texted Sean and told him I wasn't going to make it downtown and he said that he would come by so we could chat for a minute. So far I have only talked to him on Facebook but he seems very interesting. We talked for a while and then I showed him my aunts garden and then Karen came in to put me to bed, since my chair died and it wasn't even noon I decided to have Karen put me back to bed rather than sit in my room until 5 PM and wait for Rosa to come in. After I got in bed I felt really nice and relaxed, it took a little nap. Trish texted me to see if I wanted to watch a couple of episodes of Portlandia, it was really funny. I think Brevard to watch a couple episodes every Thursday night, it seems like a really nice way to wind down because usually if I buy myself I'm paying attention to three or four different things but making myself relax and only work on one thing probably makes it so I can't sleep... Possibly because I actually finished something instead of left three or four things undone? I fell asleep pretty much as soon as she left.





Friday started out to be a really miserable day. Karen came in and fed the boys and girl and when she woke me up my entire body was sore and prickly, well the parts of my body that I can feel. We did some personal care and I was miserable and sick the whole time, I hope this wasn't how this day was going to be. After a nice long hot bath, I felt much better but I had taken a couple of gabapentin so I wasn't really feeling anything and hoped that I didn't run into somebody and have to have an actual conversation. I took Robby for a cruise around the wharf and Boardwalk and then came back home to rest for a bit before I took Dude. As we were going through Depot Park we ran into Rafael, that always makes my day! We cruise to the end of the wharf and I could see they were starting to put up the Halloween decorations, so exciting! I can't wait to start decorating around here! We cruised over to the boardwalk and cruised all the way down to the end and back and then came home to hang out in the yard with Robby and Penny. Theresa came in and took me to my appointment at the breast center for my mammogram, these ladies over there know me so well and now it only takes less than an hour to get the four images that they needed... They are just amazing! It was really warming there and I started to get a little dizzy either because it was warm or because I think I'm getting a UTI. Theresa brought me back home and fed the crew and then put me to bed and fed me. I wasn't feeling really good and luckily I fell asleep early.






































Saturday was a really good day. Cindy came in and after she fed the fur crew she got me dressed up in my chair. The Woofpack came to pick up the boys so it was just me to cruise around all day by myself, luckily my glass is working so I can take a bunch of pictures. Today is the first Boardwalk Bites and Brews Festival, I went down to take a bunch of pictures and it was unbelievably crowded which is good news because that means they'll have it again next year. As I cruised up and down taking pictures I noticed everybody how these really cute little tumblers that say Bites and Brews, T-shirts and hats so course I wanted some. I'm trying to look through the crowd to find someone who looks honest enough that I can give them my credit card to get me a couple of tumblers and a T-shirt but I just couldn't do it, I even hung out by where you get the tickets and a lot of people asked me if I was in line but I just couldn't get up the nerve to ask anybody so I texted Theresa and asked her to stop by on her way to my house so she could purchase them for me and she agreed... Of course, then I ran into one of the ladies that I know that works there, Peggy, and I was going to ask her but I thought I would just wait for Theresa. I was going to meet her in the parking lot in front of the entrance to the wharf and I noticed on the way back that not only was there bumper-to-bumper traffic but no parking to be had. I cruised down to the end of the wharf in the car show was just letting everybody out so I thought maybe I could just have her drive down to the end of the wharf and find a place to park. I decided to go back and see if I could find Peggy or maybe someone else to help me out but I noticed that my chair battery was about to die so I just went to the parking lot and waited for Theresa. When she got there I cruised back down to where the tickets were sold and waited for her, I asked the guy for a couple of tumblers but I guess you have to purchase beer tasting kits... When I told him I could not drink beer I just wanted the tumbler he gave me two of them for free, how sweet is that?? I also got a T-shirt and made it home just as my chair hit 8 miles and I had three red bars left until my battery was gone. On her way over here she stopped at the Wooden Nickel and got me a hamburger and fries, that used to be my uncle's favorite place to go in Watsonville but after he had his gastric bypass surgery he couldn't eat anymore so he doesn't enjoy as much. It was as good as I remembered! The Woofpack brought back the boys so she fed them in the girl and put me to bed. I watched TV for a while and then fell asleep.



























































Sunday was another pretty good day. Karen came in and  Fed the fur babies and then got me up, Cindy has the day off. It would have been a really good day to stay in bed but I'm glad I didn't, Heather was going to come over and go for a cruise with the boys and I. We had a really nice cruise and ran into Marianne and her husband Dave, they are the sweetest couple I think I have ever met. There are always together and always so happy! The weather was perfect! We came back and I was going to take Dude out after I cooled down a little bit but I just couldn't cool down. Theresa came in and fed the crew and put me to bed, I'm still not feeling very good... I can tell I'm getting a UTI so I'm trying to drink a lot of water and I'm back on the cranberry and yeast pills. I took a lorazepam and the half a piece of medical chocolate and I was out.














1 comment:

betty said...

Glad the Google Glass is working again, Tammie! Great pictures!

betty