Wednesday, October 24, 2018

2 1/2 weeks until Halloween...

Monday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and we did some personal care and then a nice long hot bath, we ended up doing some personal care again and it took most of the day so I just decided to stay in bed because I was exhausted. My plan was to catch up on my blog and edit the pictures that I have been taking but I just listen to music and slept on and off all day. Rosa came in and fed the fur crew and then put me to bed and then fit me, it's so nice to have really delicious food made up for me every day!

Tuesday was a really great day. Cindy came in and got me up in the Woofpack came and got Robby and Dude for their puppy day camp. I figured since it was just me it would be a good day to go down and see the monarch butterflies, I haven't been down Westcliff Drive for so long... I used to do it every day and employees try to start doing it again. Of course by the time I got I think every school was there having a field trip so I waited for a while until they all cleared out. I have a speaker in my backpack and I play music and I forgot to turn off, I remember reading the sign at the top of Boardwalk that says please be quiet. These two little boys heard the music and turned around to look to see where it was coming and they started to do that floss dance? I think that's what they call it, it reminded me to turn my music. There were butterflies everywhere, it was so amazing! I tried to get some pictures and videos but I guess the Google Glass makes them look so far away… I took videos and pictures anyway. On my way back I happened to glance across the street out one of the houses and I saw the exact same stained glass window that my grandpa left to me, I tried to get some pictures and zoom in when I got home but you still can't see what it is. Same colors and same pattern, I think it's pigeon point lighthouse. I cruised home just in time to welcome the boys, they always come back a little frisky and want to run back and forth in the yard for a while. I cruised around taking pictures of my Halloween decorations and when I got on the porch I knocked over a couple of black trees and I couldn't go around them and I didn't want to go through them because they have orange lights on them, I could see my uncle across the street and I thought about yelling to him to help me but I know he doesn't hear very well. I saw my neighbor Tyler loading up his vehicle with surfboards so I yelled at him and he came over to help me, I was so embarrassed but so appreciative. Rosa came in and for the Boys and Girl and put me to bed and then fed me. Again I was out.











































































Wednesday was a really great day! Susan came in and I got a nice long cannabis-infused massage. Karen came in and fed the crew and then we did some personal care and a hot bath. The groomer came in and groomed both of the dogs, I don't know what I'm going to do when he sells his mobile dog grooming rig. We have another call from Scott, tech-support for the exercise cycle, he pretty much narrowed it down to its the cable that attaches the electrodes to the unit so he's going to send me one. Robby and I went for a cruise through Depot Park, down in front of the wharf, down in front of the boardwalk and home. Dude and I took off to go check out the decorations on the wharf and take some pictures. As I cruised down through the boardwalk a guy stopped me and said hi, I see this guy there all the time and we usually just smile and wave as we go by but this time he stopped. I found out his name is Jimmy and he's worked there for 40 or 50 years, he paints the carousel horses and so on… He told me about 40 years ago they had a big clown's head by the arcade that used to suck up garbage but they eventually got rid of it because people kept sucking their cigarettes up there and starting fires. He said they found it under some guys tree on his property and they brought it back to Jimmy and asked him if he could restore it so he's going to. I actually remember that lion face that sucked up garbage, what a great memory! I tried to get some pictures of Dude on the boardwalk sitting on the bench next to the cave people, one I think I did pretty good but the other when all you can see are his eyes. It seems like every time I come home lately there are more decorations up and it looks even more awesome! I came home and took some more pictures of Halloween decorations before Rosa came in, she fed the crew and put me to bed and I actually fell asleep and she had to wake me up to give me something to eat but then I was out again and I slept all night.



















































Thursday was a pretty good day, I can't believe how nice the weather still is. Karen came in and got me up, sometimes it's so nice to get up early! Robby and I took off for a cruise by the wharf and to the end of the boardwalk, on the outside, of course,  They have this really cool looking patio that they rent out for occasions or if there's nothing going on you can just go and hang out there. We cruised home and Robby went into the living room, that's his favorite place to be. Dude and I took off for a cruise through Depot Park, out to the end of the wharf and back and over to the boardwalk where we practiced some commands and I took a bunch of pictures. I love hanging out at the boardwalk when there's nobody around because I can get some great pictures and just a really good place to practice commands withDude, And there's not a lot of people around to distract us. As we were cruising back home I saw an ambulance and fire truck pulling away, I saw a pair of pants just laying in the bike lane and thought that was odd but I am assuming the ambulance took awayWhoever's pants that wasAnd wondered what happened…I'll probably read about it in the news later. We cruised home and hung out in the driveway for a while, I wonder how much longerWe're going to get this great weather? Rosa came in and fed everybody and put me to bed and I was out.






















































Friday was a pretty good day. Susan came in and gave me a really nice two-hour massage, It sure felt great. Karen came in and we did some personal care and then she gave me a nice long hot bath. Daniel came in and change the bearings on my tires. Karen got me dressed and up in my chair and I took RobbyFor a cruise over to the wharf,  along the front of the Boardwalk and back. Dude and I went for a cruise to Depot Park, Down to the end of the work to check out the Halloween decorations, There's getting to be more and more every day and it looks awesome! They put up the frame from the last yearAnd I found one of the maintenance guys to help me get a picture of Dude, Thank you, Hank! We cruised home and then Theresa put me to bed and then went over to the store to get me some fruit while I got some acupuncture from Mariposa. Teresa came back and said everybody and I watch TV for a while until I drifted off to sleep.

















Saturday was a long day. Cindy came in and fed fur babies and I got a text from Theresa saying that she wasn't going to come in because her allergies were bad so I had to stay in bed. Omar and Cindy put up some more decorations outside, It looks so awesome! I watch TV most of the day and my mom came down and fed the kids and got me something to eat. I listen to music for a while and edited my pictures.




Sunday was a pretty good day. Teresa called in sick again but Karen agreed to come back in and put me to bed, Karen to the rescue once again. I took Robby for a cruise and I forgot it was Sunday until I got over to the wharf and it was packed with people, We cruised over in front of the boardwalk and then back home. Dude and I took off for a cruise down to the end of the wharf, Down to the end of the boardwalk and then back home. Karen came in and put me to bed and fed the crew and I found a Halloween marathon on TV so I watched it until I fell asleep.

1 comment:

betty said...

That must have been impressive to see all those monarch butterflies! Dude sure doesn't like his picture taken :)

betty