Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Is it time to start decorating for Halloween yet??

Monday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and fed everybody and then we did some personal care, a nice long hot bath and she got me dressed up in my chair. Daniel came by to replace the spokes on my chair and I told him that my chair battery is dying after 7 or 8 miles, the spoke was the wrong size for my chair and he said he checked the battery with his little meter and there wasn't anything abnormal so he was going to reschedule another time to come back for chair in eval. I took Robby for a cruise through Depot Park, to the front of the wharf, down the front of the boardwalk and back. Karen, the therapist that co-facilitated our support groups, came by to look at my FES exercise cycle to see if she could help to show my caregivers how to hook me up... The company that sold me this thing wants $1600 to fly someone out to show me but it only cost me $150 for a telephone technician call and Karen agreed to help me out. She just looked it over and had a couple of questions so she's coming back next Monday and a clinician from the company is going to call while she's here. Karen looked it over and wrote down a couple of questions that she had so we are ready to go on Monday. Dude and I cruised around for a little bit longer and came home to hang out in the yard with Robby, I love my yarn so much! Rosa came in and fed everybody and put me to bed, I still not feeling very good and luckily went right to sleep.






































































Tuesday was a pretty good day. Cindy fed the fur crew. The Woofpack came to get Dude for the day so it was just Robby and I, we cruised through Depot Park and down to the wharf and then had to come back to meet the garage door repair guy... One of the springs on the garage door broke. We cruised around a little bit, Robby was getting around really good and he looked so happy out there cruising around we stayed out as long as we could, of course, stopping every hour to rest 15 minutes. We cruised back because I wanted to be back home by three when they bring back Dude. We hung around in the yard for a while until Rosa came in to feed everybody and put me back to bed. I'm back to having trouble sleeping again, I either sleep way too much or not enough but at least I don't panic if I can't get myself to go to sleep I tried to just watch a movie, listen to some mindful meditation, an audiobook Or music until I fall asleep.

Wednesday was not such a good day. For the last week or so when you're in has been really dark with a very strong smell, I even woke up a couple of warnings soaked so I got really worried. Susan came in and gave me a nice long massage and then offered to take a sample of my urine to urgent care that my doctor prescribed. She immediately put me on antibiotics for times a day and drink lots of fluids of course. We changed my SP tube and flushed my bladder with saline solution and after a couple of days, I was feeling back to my old self. Karen and I stayed behind and did some personal care and a nice long hot bath. I just decided to stay in bed just in case I was leaking from the UTI. I'm getting really tired of staying in bed but the good thing is I haven't got any skin breakdowns. I can't wait for everything to get back to normal so I can start using my exercycle. Karen started decorating my house for Halloween. I watch TV and listen to music until I finally fell asleep.













Thursday was a restful day. Cindy came in and fed everybody because Karen had the day off. I decided to stay in bed one more day, I get really nervous and antsy when I have to stay in bed but sometimes it feels good. I just relaxed and pretty much did anything I can think of, watch movies, listen to audiobooks and music. The day went by pretty fast and Rosa came in and fed everybody and then fed me. I think I was out before she left.

Friday was a pretty good day. Teresa came in for Karen so I just decided to stay in bed so we can do some personal care and a nice long hot bath. The day went by pretty fast and it was nice to relax. Daniel came by with a spoke to fix my chair but it was the wrong size so now I have to wait for them to order the right size and bring it back. One of the things I noticed after being without my chair for almost 2 months is that my batteries are running low, even though I plugged it in the whole time I'm only getting seven or 8 miles every day and usually I can go that long and come back and the battery meter hasn't even moved. Daniel said of course now they want the batteries first and then they will replace them whereas they use to bring the new batteries and take the old ones. He found some spare batteries so he brought them so I could use them and told my new ones to come in, Daniel is just an awesome guy! Teresa came in and fed everybody and then put me to bed, I think I was out before she left.



Saturday was a pretty good day.  Cindy came in and fed everybody and got me up in my chair. I had just had a discussion with my friend about when indigenous day in Watsonville was. He kept saying it was the 8th and I even resent it to him and it did say the 7th but I still managed to screw it up. The Woofpack came to get the boys so I went out to cruise around the wharf a little bit, I guess I wanted to see if they had started decorating yet... it always looks so great and they are so creative. Omar came by and started putting up that Halloween decorations outside, he is also very creative and I love some of the stuff he comes up with! Theresa came in and drove me over to Watsonville so we could check out the indigenous day but of course, we were there on the wrong day, they didn't have a really nice little flea market and we found some succulent plants and a couple of necklaces. There was hardly any son and I guess I forgot that I was taking antibiotics for times a day but all of a sudden I started getting really dizzy and weak. It was a hot day so we decided to go to target and go shopping, maybe there is air-conditioning in there? There isn't. We tried Kmart and then we came on home and she fed the Boys and Girl and put me to bed. I was exhausted and I had a headache so I just went right to sleep.


















Sunday I just stayed in bed. I was still really worn-out and weak from yesterday so I knew if I tried to go again today I would just get caught up in everything and overheat. Cindy came in and fed the crew and then she fed me. I stayed in bed and rested all day until Theresa came in and after she spent everybody we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath. I'm going to try to sleep but I'm so excited about finally getting to ride my FES exercycle, I keep going over everything in my head to make sure that it goes smoothly...

1 comment:

betty said...

Hope it went well with Exercycle, Tammie! I love your Halloween decorations!

betty