Saturday, October 20, 2018

It's starting to look like Halloween...

Monday was a really exciting day. Karen came in and we did the normal Monday morning routine. After she got me up I took Robby for a short cruise down to the wharf and back. I don't know if it's because he's getting old or because he is retired and now gets treats and wants them all the time but he's always nudging somebody, thankfully he's getting around really good. We cruised back and the therapist that co-facilitated our support groups with Roger came by to see if she could help with my FES exercise cycle, she worked with people on the one they had at Dominican rehab. A clinician was going to call in from restorative therapies and help her get me set up, I'm so excited! Everybody seemed to know what they were doing but the electrodes just were not working so after about an hour we had to give up and try again on Wednesday, they were going to have somebody from tech support go into the tablet on my exercise cycle and look it over.  It was really cool to see my legs peddling the bike and it will be even better when we can get the electrodes to work to stimulate my muscles. I took Dude and we cruised around until Rosa texted me and said she was going to come by and put me to bed. I was really tired and fell asleep immediately, it will be so awesome if this exercise cycle could wear me out so I sleep like this all the time.
















Tuesday was a little disappointing but a productive day.  Cindy came in and fed the crew and then fed me. Omar was going to take Cindy and I to the pumpkin patch, the one he takes me to every year. Daniel from Numotion texted me and said that he was going to come by at 2 PM and take the old batteries out of my chair and replace them with the temporary set until my new ones coming. Unfortunately, that means I have to stay in bed because my evening caregiver doesn't come in until 5 PM. I got a lot more decorating done and it's finally starting to really look like Halloween around here. The Woofpack came to get Dude for his hike with the pack so was just Robby and I and Robby mostly stays in the living room on the Chase looking out the window so I slept on and off and watch TV all day. Daniel came at 2 PM and switched out my batteries and put it on the charger so I'll be ready the next day. Rosa came in and fed everybody and I just watch TV and edited photos the rest of the evening, I always hope that editing photos will make me tired and want to go to sleep but once I start it's hard to stop. Just for something to do when I can't sleep I'm going back through all my photos, I only started editing them daily a couple of years ago and editing the ones from a couple years ago.















Wednesday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and we did the Wednesday morning ritual, I always love the long hot bath after everything. She got me up and I took Robby for a cruise over to the wharf and back. The clinician that helped us on Monday when Karen was here was going to call back and see if she could figure out why the electrodes are not working so we got all the electrodes in place and waited but she never called, she was supposed to call at 1 PM. A gentleman named Todd called at 2 PM and apologized and said he needed to go into the tablet on my exercise cycle and see if he could figure out what was wrong and he would call me back in an hour so I took Dude for a cruise to the end of the wharf and back. I came back and waited but he never called me back, I waited about an hour and went for a cruise with Dude back down towards the wharf but assume as I got to the wharf Rosa texted me and said she would be here in 10 minutes so we turned around and came back. At least I got to exercise my legs a little bit, I love seeing them peddle the exercise cycle! I was out again before she left and slept really good.






















 Thursday was a busy day but a good day. Karen came in and fed everybody and got me up in my chair. I took Robby for a cruise to the wharf, to the boardwalk and back home. Dude and I took off for downtown for my appointment with Carol, my psychologist. It's been about three weeks so I have a lot to say and the session went by really fast. We cruised around downtown for a while and took some pictures and then headed off to my appointment with Jennifer, my aesthetician. After waxing my face and my facial I always feel so clean and fresh. We cruised back through town and then over to the wharf and got about halfway down and Rosa texted me and said she would be at my house in 10 minutes so we turned around and came home. She fed everybody and then put me to bed and then left. Trish came over and we watched a couple more episodes of Portlandia after we watched a couple of episodes last week she told me that it's a show about a combination of Portland and Santa Cruz. After watching at this time and picturing everything in Santa Cruz it was even funnier. She left and I watched TV for a while and fell asleep.





































Friday was an awesome day! Karen came in and fed the crew. We did some personal care and a nice long hot bath before she got me dressed and up in my chair. I took Robby for a cruise over to the boardwalk and back. Dude and I cruised over to the wharf to meet my friend Sheri, her daughter Nicole and Nicole's son Kai. They were in the area and decided to stay in Santa Cruz overnight, I'm so excited! I have never met any of Sheri's kids but I have known her since fifth grade. We hung out and talked for a while and then decided to come back here, it was kind of getting really warm out. We visited for a while and then decided to go to Mobo's for sushi, I was just over here dreaming about this place yesterday. I got a calamari roll and some miso soup, it was so good. It was so nice catching up with Sheri and getting to know her daughter and her grandson, what a cutie pie! We came back here for a while and then Nicole and Kai had to leave to catch a plane back to Santa Fe where they live. Sheri hung out here a little while longer and then headed home, she lives in Redding. It was really hot so I decided to stay here and hang out until Rosa came in. She fed everybody and then put me to bed and I listen to music for a while and then fell asleep.































 Saturday was a pretty good day. Cindy came in and fed the furry ones and then fed me, got me dressed and up in my chair. The Woofpack came to get Robby and Dude so it was just me for the day cruising around solo, it's nice to go out by myself every once in a while because when I'm by myself I don't have to constantly look around to make sure an unleashed dog is not going to come out of nowhere and attacked by dogs. I cruised through downtown and over to my appointment with Jessica to get my hair done. I love how the first thing everyone says when I walk in is "where's Dude?" He's just so adorable and everybody loves to say hello to him. We were even joking about renaming him Velcro because as soon as I release him he looks around and claims his face to the leg of whoever's nearest, it is so adorable! I got my hair done and cruise down to the wharf and tilted back to enjoy the sun and I felt something on my shoulder. My first instinct was "oh crap, a bird just pooped on my shoulder" but when I looked up there was Vince. I must've had a gross look on my face because he started laughing so I told him "I thought you were a bird pooping on my shoulder" we laughed and then talked for a while, I always feel so comfortable around him and I feel like I can say anything... I don't feel that way with a lot of people and it's really nice. I cruised back home to wait for the boys and hung outside with them for a little while before Theresa came in to feed everybody and put me to bed. Omar and Cindy did some more decorating outside, I can't believe how awesome it looks. I listen to music for a while and drifted off to sleep.


































Sunday was another great day! Cindy came in and got me up after she fed the furry crew and I took Robby for a cruise over to Depot Park and back, usually we go farther but he was in a sniffy mood so you just want to smell all around everywhere... He's retired so I pretty much let him do whatever he wants. We came back home and I dropped him off and grabbed Dude and headed up to open streets Santa Cruz on Westcliff Drive, I've been wanting to go and this year I was excited to be able to go. I met Heather and Mariposa and talk to them for a bit and they were taking off so I cruised on down Westcliff Drive and I ran into foster, we chatted for a while and as I cruised on I ran into Rachel, one of the vet techs where I take the puppies. There was a lot of dancing going on in a really awesome band, I didn't get the name of the band but I stopped and tilted back and listen to them for a while. I cruised on down towards the end but noticed that my chair battery was only half way charged so I better head home. I got home and my battery was still half charged so I could've made it down to the monarch butterfly festival at natural Bridges Park, I was almost there when I turned around. I came back home and hung out in the driveway with the boys until Theresa came in. Cindy and Omar had put up a lot more decorations, the place is looking awesome!! I'm really nervous because this is my first Halloween party but I think I have enough help and I think it's going to be a lot of fun. Theresa came in and put me to bed and I was so exhausted I don't even remember watching TV or anything before I was out.























































































1 comment:

betty said...

All the decorations look great Tammie! I bet it will be a great party! Glad you got to reconnect with a friend and spend some time with her and her family!

betty