Monday, September 6, 2021

My brother David, his daughter Aubrey, Aubrey's husband Andrew and their son Stephen are coming to visit…

 Monday was a perfect day. Susan came in to give me a nice long relaxing massage, she usually does it on Wednesdays, but since my family will be here today, we decided to change the day. Karen came in and fed the hungry big guy, fed me, and then got me dressed and up in my chair. Dude and I took off for a cruise through Depot Park, down to Cowell beach and down to the end of wharf and back, down to the end of the boardwalk and back, down to the end of the wharf and back again and then home. I tilted back in my chair and watch TV until Jesse came in; she fed the hungry guy, put me to bed, and then fed me. She wanted the plants, vacuumed the living room and the kitchen, cleaned up, wiped everything down, and then went home. I watched TV for the rest of the evening and made a list of fun things to do while my family is here before I fell asleep.

Tuesday was another good day. Cindy came in and fed the hungry lad, fed me, and then got me dressed and up in up in my chair. She drove me over to my appointment with Jennifer to get my face waxed and toned; after my appointment with Jennifer, we went to Costco to see if they had any medium gloves and then over to Safeway where I saw an over-the-counter Covid test, so I asked the pharmacist if they are accurate. She said yes, so I got one. We got a few groceries and headed back to the house. I rested for a bit while Joy took Dude out for a little cruise. Jesse fed the little knucklehead and then finished putting me to bed and then fed me. She did a couple loads of clothes, wipe everything down, and then went home. I listened to some music, edited some pictures, played candy crush, and watched a movie until I fell asleep.


Wednesday was a perfect day. I get to spend the whole day with my family! I didn't have Susan come in because I wanted to spend as much of the day with my family as I can, the personal care and bath usually take a really long time, and it seems to take even longer when I'm in a hurry to get up and get out there. Surprisingly it didn't take that long, and I think I was up and around by 11 AM; it helps when I drink a lot of water, so I really been trying. Aubrey, Andrew, Stephen, Dude, and I took off for a cruise through Depot Park and down to the end of the boardwalk and back… It was so cool watching Aubrey Cruz through the boardwalk and remember all the fun times we had there when we were younger. She just had a big smile, and she said it was very nostalgic for her. We took some pictures, and I don't know why but I always find myself stopping and telling them little stories about the places we go by like I, the tour guide. I guess I'm just glad that I remember stuff; I'm in my twilight years, you know? My brother David didn't go this time; he would stay home and hang out with mom. It's so awesome how wonderful I feel around them; usually, I love helping people visiting, but I get really anxious and stressed, but this time I don't. I don't know if this pandemic made me stronger and more confident orifice just by family makes me relaxed. We cruised back home and hung out in the living room with my mom and David contemplating dinner. My uncle and aunt came over to say hello and to hang out for a while. Jesse came in and put me to bed; I'm trying to stay up for the fun stuff and then go back to bed because I do still have a pressure sore, and they're only going to be here for a couple days, and were going to be busy those days, I'm so excited! She took Dude for a cruise, fed me while my family ate, cleaned up the kitchen, wiped everything down, and then home. I think my family watched a movie upstairs with my mom, so I just relaxed and edited the pictures I took, and for the first time in a while, I put them on Facebook. I watched a ninety-day fiancé until I fell asleep.

Thursday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and fed the hungry hound dog, and then we did some personal care and a bath; we were supposed to do it yesterday, but that's when my family came, and we need to do it tomorrow but were going to have a barbecue at my cousins so today my family is going to cruise around and get some slug T-shirts and other Santa Cruz memorabilia for people back home. I just went back to bed and watch TV, listen to music, and played candy crush. Jesse came in and fed Dude, did a couple of loads of laundry, took Dude out for a nice little cruise, cleaned up, and then went home. My brother came down, And we ate dinner together; everybody went to bed early because we have up a jam-packed weekend. I just watched TV until I fell asleep.

   Friday was a perfect day. Karen came in and fed the hungry guy, fed me, and got me dressed and up in my chair. My cousin invited all of us were barbecue up at his place on Bear Creek Rd., all of us at one time or another lived there or visited there a lot. I lived there but got into an accident in my senior year on Highway nine and ended up moving away because the drive scared me every morning going to college at West Valley College. I always used to visit my aunt and two cousins in Stockton a lot, and when one of my cousins moved out, they asked me if I wanted to move in, and I jumped at the chance. We decided to cruise down Highway nine to Bear Creek Rd. because it's such a beautiful drive. I felt really confident with my brother driving; the drive was not only beautiful but brought back a lot of memories. We got there, and it looked the same, but it looked different; my cousin built a ramp along the side of his deck a while back. Since it was along the side of the deck by the edge of the cliff, I was really nervous, but as soon as I got on it, I feel really safe; dad and having the boys around gave me courage. My cousin had made a lot of changes inside and out, and it was so awesome to see all the changes and I'm so proud of my cousin for doing it all himself, of course, with help from my uncle. My cousin gave me the tour, and we spent a lot of time outside hanging out, which was so awesome! Dude had such a good time running around on the property; it's all fenced in, so I didn't have to worry about him running down the street or down the canyon. We were really close when we were younger but had a troubled relationship for a while, but now we're getting back to where we can hang out again, and I love it! The time went by really fast, and it was time to go; I promised my caregiver I would be there 4 PM, but when I looked at my phone, it was already 4:30 PM, so I texted her and told her that we would be there were on our way. Luckily she's really easygoing. We cruised back home, and everybody was exhausted; Jesse put me to bed and fed the knucklehead, watered the plants, cleaned up and wiped everything down, and then went home. Everybody went to sleep early; I watch TV for a while and then fell asleep. Such an awesome day!

Saturday was a really great day. Karen came in and fed the hungry boy, fed me, and then got me dressed and up in my chair. My family and I will catch the beach train from the boardwalk over to Roaring Camp Railroad, cruise around Henry Cowell redwoods, and then cruised back. I love the train, and whenever I get somebody that wants to go, I'm always excited to go! A couple of years ago, my brother came down with Aubrey and Stephen, and we went on the train, and they really enjoyed it, and they couldn't wait to break Andrew over because they knew he would love it also, and he did! It was a perfect day, and the train wasn't too crowded. It leaves at noon, and the whole trip takes about three hours and then brings you back to the boardwalk; my mom was going to go, but she changed her mind at the last minute. We cruised back home, and Jesse fed the hungry Dude, put me to bed, and then got me something to eat. Everybody went to bed early because they have to get up at 3 AM to catch the flights back home; it was such a nice visit, and I feel like it was really short, but we got a lot done, and we had fun. I stayed up for a while and edited pictures to put them on Facebook before they left. After I put them on Facebook, I watch TV until I fell asleep; I'm hoping to wake up in the morning, so I can say goodbye to them.

 Sunday was a nice relaxing day. Unfortunately, my brother, my niece, and her family left at 3 AM… I send an alarm on Alexa to wake me up so I could say goodbye to them. I can't believe the time is up, and they have to go, but we had a really awesome time and got to visit and catch up! I couldn't go back to sleep, so I decided to find some graphics to make my own shirt; I have had this idea for a while, so since I have some time, I might as well see if it can be done. When we used to go to the Santa Cruz Derby girls bout sometimes at the end of the game, they will get the kids up there and play musical chairs; I used to tell whoever was with me, "I should go up there because I will win for sure" (because I'm in a big power chair) so I got everything together and I made myself a shirt. I got a card From Canine Companions for Independence letting me know that somebody donated some money in Robby's name, Robby was so special, and everybody just loved him. My nephew and niece are always so thoughtful, they sent me a memorial wind chime when Robby passed, and now they're donating money in his name… I don't cry a lot, but it was so heartwarming! Yesterday morning when I took Dude for a short cruise, I ran into Bill; he does all the sand art on the shore of the beaches… His sand art is amazing; he has a Facebook page called Santa Cruz sand. A mutual friend introduced us one time, and he always says hi when I see him; he is such a nice man! He was making some sand art off the side of the wharf one time when I went by with Dude; we went down to the end of the war from when we came back and was walking along the wharf so I stopped to say hello to him. He asked if he could take Dude down on the sand, and of course, I said yes, it was Dude's first time on the sand, and he had a blast. While Dude was running around on the sand, he wrote Dudes name right in the middle of his artwork, and I was so excited! Everybody just adores Dude! Cindy came in and fed the hungry guy and then fed me; she cleaned out the refrigerator wiped everything down, and then went home. Karen came in at noon, and we did some personal care and, of course, a nice long hot bath; I was ready to go back to bed and rest the rest of the evening. I watched ninety-day fiancé and then started watching a movie before I fell asleep.

No comments: