Sunday, August 29, 2021

Next week I have family coming to visit and I can't wait…

 Monday was a nice relaxing day.  Karen came in and fed Dude, fed me, and then we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath… Then it was back to bed for the day. The battery on my wheelchair has only been lasting about four or 5 miles, and since it's been so hot, I'm afraid to take it out because I don't know if it's going to quit out in the middle of the parking lot. My uncle and aunt drove it over to Watsonville for me because it would be about two or three weeks until they can come out, and I have family coming out to visit, so I want to make sure I can get around. Every time I get a dead battery, they tell me that I need to plug it in every night to charge, I have plugged my car in every night for 26 years, and they still just don't believe me. I listened to music, edited some pictures, tried to catch up on my blog, and watched TV until Jesse came in. She fed the hungry mongrel, fed me, and then took Dude out for a nice long cruise. She washed a couple of clothes, cleaned up the kitchen, wiped everything down, and then left. I spent the rest of the evening watching 90-day fiancé until I fell asleep.




 Tuesday was a pretty good day. Cindy came in and fit the hungry pooch, fed me, and then got me dressed and up in my chair. Every once in a while, I like to go around and take pictures of my yard because I love it so much, I spend a lot of time out there, and I just love how creative everybody is. Today is our biweekly CCI puppy play date at the animal shelter, the first couple of times; because it's new, all the dogs wanted to do was just stick around… I'm hoping they'll get past that and start playing. We got there, and it was only Jan and her CCI SD Teak, but they had a really nice time; they played catch, tug-of-war, and even went through the agility course… It was so much fun to watch. It's always nice to catch up with Jan also. After the puppy play date, we went over to Costco to see if they had any medium gloves; again, they did not. While we were there, I saw a coloring book of cat farts, and I wanted to get it for Karen, but I didn't know she would appreciate it or not, so I took a picture of it instead and sent it to her. We came back, and Dude and I went out for a cruise down to the end of the wharf and back; I kicked back and watched TV for a while until Jesse came in. I just love having her around, and I'm glad that she agreed to work for me on the days I don't have a caregiver; for now, I'm sure eventually she'll get tired of it, but I'm enjoying it right now. She fed Dude, put me to bed, and then fed me. She did her usual cleanup routine and a couple loads of clothes and then went home for the evening. I watched TV for a while and then fell asleep.


























 Wednesday was a nice relaxing day. Susan came in and gave me a nice long relaxing massage; it always feels so awesome! Karen came in and fed the hungry hound, fed me, and then we did some personal care and a nice long hot relaxing bath. It was already hot outside, so I decided to just stay in and relax, and it's a good thing I did; it was 80° outside. I spent most of the day listening to music and editing my pictures; I'm trying to cut down how many pictures I take, but I just can't. Santa Cruz is just so beautiful! Jesse came in and fed Dude and then took him out for a nice little cruise; she came back and got me something to eat, did a couple loads of laundry, cleaned up the kitchen, and wiped everything down. We are back to wiping everything down again before everybody leaves; we should do it all the time anyway. Jesse went home, and I watched a movie before I fell asleep; I've been falling asleep earlier and actually getting enough rest, and it makes me feel great!


 Thursday was a really great day. Karen came in and fed the hungry guy, fed me, and then got me dressed up in my chair. Today will be an awesome day; we have all day to cruise around and enjoy this beautiful weather and these awesome surroundings. We started off on our long journey, and I ran into my aunt, so we went across the street to check out her garden; everything in her garden is just so beautiful! I decided we would cruise down to the end of Westcliff Drive; we stopped at the bridge and took some pictures of the wharf… It's such a beautiful day! We got about halfway down Westcliff Drive, and my hat flew off of my head; it's a good thing we tape it to my hood with double-sided tape, but it's not doing me any good, and I'm afraid I'm going to lose it, so we decided to turn around and go back home. We cruised down to the end of the wharf and back; on the way, I ran into Annalisa, so I asked her to put my hat back on my head; she is so sweet! We cruised back home, and I tilt back in the driveway for a while and then went inside to watch TV until Jesse gets here. Jesse got here and fed the hungry Dude, put me to bed, and then fed me. She did some laundry, cleaned up and wiped everything down, and then went home. I watched TV for a while, and then I was out.





























































Friday was another relaxing day. Karen came in and fed the hungry hound dog, fed me, and then we did some personal care and a nice long hot relaxing bath before she put me back to bed. Sometimes by the time we get done with everything, it's so late it's not even worth getting up. Karen sent me a couple of pictures of her cats; they are so funny and entertaining. My aunt sent me a couple of pictures of our old neighbors and their new car, they moved on and got their own place, and they're doing great! Now that we are back to shelter in place, I wouldn't get up at all if it wasn't for the fact that I need to take Dude out, and it helps me mentally to go outside and see the beautiful surroundings instead of staying home and thinking way too much about everything. I listen to music for a while and played candy crush until Jesse came in; she fed the ornery pup, fed me, and then buzzed around and cleaned up and vacuumed before she went home. I watched I'm in love with a mama's boy until I fell asleep.







 Saturday was another relaxing day. Cindy came in, and fed Dude fed me, and then put me on my site for a little while. My brother, his oldest daughter, and her family are coming to visit, and I want to get my pressure sore healed as much as possible so I can stay up and do things with them.  Omar came by and started erecting Robbie's memorial in the corner, we got some redwood stumps, and I had some statues and tiles that I got, and he's going to put them all together; it's going to be so cool!  He also put up some angel wings that I got above the doorway in the spare bedroom. I wish I can stay on my side all day, but after a couple of hours, my body gets very uncomfortable, and I start sweating. She sent me back up and then went home for the day; it felt good to be sitting back up again, so I just watch TV for a while and then shut my eyes and made myself go to sleep.








 Sunday was another relaxing day. Cindy came in and fed the hungry hound and then fed me; she put me on my side for a while while she cleaned out the refrigerator and the kitchen. I love how she always finds something that needs to be done and does it, she's just so confident in everything that she says and does, and I really admire her! My cousin brought over a huge dog crate, he ordered one from Amazon, and they accidentally sent him two, so he brought it over here to see if Dude would like it, I always get the soft ones, and the zipper always seems to wear out so I thought I would give it a try. It's taller and narrower than the soft one, and when we put the other one in the bathroom and when Dude tried it out, he looks so sad and uncomfortable, so we switch them back right away. Cindy took off, and I listened to music for a while and played candy crush and cribbage until Jesse came in. She fed the hungry hound and then took him for a nice long cruise and came back and fed me. She did some laundry, cleaned up the kitchen, watered the plants outside, wiped everything down, and then went home. I spent the rest of the evening watching Darcy and Stacy, then watching a movie before I fell asleep. I'm going to try to watch a movie every Sunday evening because there are many good movies out there.










No comments: