Friday, August 27, 2021

Family visiting this week…

 Monday was a really great day. Karen came in and fed the hungry hound, fed me, and then got me dressed up in my chair. Dude and I took off for a cruise down to the end of the wharf and back; we rushed back because we didn't want to miss a visit from Hannah and her husband… They were going to stop by and visit on the way to their vacation at Big Sur. Hannah is my nephew David's wife's sister, they have a big family, and they are all so sweet. They have the sweetest labradoodle, it took him a while, but he warmed up to Dude. It was a beautiful day, and we visited outside with them for a couple of hours before they had to take off for Big Sur. One of these days, I want to buy a house in Oregon to visit all of these people and spend some time with my family. After they left, I returned inside and watched TV for a while until Jesse came in; she fed the hungry one, put me to bed, and then fed me. She took Dude out for a cruise, washed a couple of loads of clothes, one of the plants outside, and then went home. I listened to music, played some games, edited pictures, and watched TV until I fell asleep.





 Tuesday was a pretty good day. Cindy came in and fed Dude, fed me, and then got me dressed up in my chair. Omar came by and put up a wire dog silhouette that my friend Barbara got for me; I can't remember who's the idea was to put it in the mirror all I have on my wall, but I love it! Dude and I took off for a cruise through Depot Park, down to the end of the boardwalk and back down to the end of the wharf and back. I kicked back and watch TV while Joy took Dude out for a little bit. My aunt sent me some pictures of a couple more Chrysalis; they have been turning up in her yard and in the yard of her rental, and now she collects them whenever she sees them and takes them to a safe habitat where there's food for them to turn into butterflies… It's such a beautiful process! Jesse came in, put me to bed, and set me up to the computer; Joy brought Dude back, so Jesse fed Dude and then fed me. Jesse took Dude out for a little cruise, watched a couple of loads of clothes, cleaned up the kitchen, wiped everything down, and went home. I just relax the rest of the evening, listen to music, watch TV, and then edit pictures until I fell asleep.







 Wednesday was a nice relaxing day. Susan came in to give me a nice long relaxing massage; it always feels so good! Karen came in, and we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath; it's like heaven! I decided to just go back to bed and relax for the day since it's getting so late; I usually hesitate because Jesse doesn't get experience putting me to bed when I don't get up, but she's doing pretty good. My aunt sent me a couple more pictures of a Chrysalis she found, but this one was different; first of all, it was black and what came out of it looked like a little larva. I messaged my friend because she knows a lot about animals and insects, and she said it was just another phase from caterpillar to butterfly. I love learning about all the stuff! I listen to music while I edited my pictures and try to catch up on my blog before taking a nap. I woke up when Jesse came in, and she fed the crazy dog, fed me, and then took Dude out for a nice long walk. When she returned, she did a couple of loads of laundry, watered outside, wiped everything down, and then went home. I just watch TV Until I fell asleep.




 Thursday was another restful day; okay, enough is enough! Karen came in and fed the hungry hound, fed me, and then we put some of my medical equipment in the bathroom cabinet, where I got rid of a bunch of shoes. The last couple of times I got up, I can only go about four or 5 miles before my battery just drained, and then every time I go over even the slightest incline like a speedbump or a driveway, it stalls. It's been pretty hot, so I don't want to chance it doing that in this heat; one time, when it happened, I was crossing the street, and Dude started dancing with his feet, and I can tell the ground was too; hot… I felt so bad because it was nothing I could do. I turned it off and then turned it back on, and luckily I made it over to shade. I listen to music and edited pictures all day today; hopefully, I will catch up. Sometimes I find myself estimating and playing Candy crush more than editing. Jesse came in and fed the wild hound dog, fed me, and then took Dude out for a nice long walk. He always comes back panting, and I'm so glad that he's able to get out and get some exercise when I can't. She washed a couple of loads of clothes and wiped everything down, and then went home. I'm trying to make myself watch a movie every night, but I keep forgetting; I started watching a movie, but I fell asleep.








Friday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and fed the hungry pooch, fed me, and then we did some personal care and a nice long hot relaxing bath! I got a bathtub thermometer with a polar bear on a floaty with sunglasses to test the temperature. I watch many news/comedy morning shows, and on one, they had a recipe for a delicious salad and a really awesome dressing; I can't wait to try it out! A friend of ours when we lived in the mobile home park in San Jose passed away, they used to come and visit every once in a while, or I would run into them on the wharf… The sweetest couple I have ever met. Terri did quilting but also made potholders, teabag holders, table runners, coasters… She had been doing it so long and just perfected it because everything she did was gorgeous! She and her husband Chuck just adored Robby, so when Robby passed, I gave Terri a coffee cup with Robby's paw print; she passed away a few days later. They sent us an invitation for her memorial at Coyote Ranch in Coyote California, I wanted to check out the weather, so I called Coyote Ranch and left a message for a lady named Cindy; when she called me back, she said, "it's nice to hear your voice" I thought that was kind of weird and then I remembered that when I worked in Milpitas, I worked with a lady with the same name, so I looked on her Facebook page, and it said that she was the manager at Coyote range, what a small world? I left her a message thanking her for the information and asked her if she worked at Xicor in Milpitas? She called me back almost immediately and said that yes, it was her. Unfortunately, she was driving to visit her daughter in college and wouldn't be there for the event, but another mutual friend we had, Patricia, would be there; I was so excited! I haven't seen these ladies for 26 years, and I couldn't wait to go. Jesse came in and fed the hungry hound, fed me, and then took Dude out for a nice long walk. She cleaned up the kitchen and wiped everything down a and then went home. I watch TV a and play candy crush until I fell asleep.










 Saturday was another relaxing day. Cindy came in and fed the hungry hound, fed me… It is so nice to have eggs again; I can't get enough of them. Cindy made me a breakfast burrito, and it was so delicious! I don't know how long it will be until I can get you batteries; I hope not too long because I'm already getting tired of staying in bed. Omar came by and put some display boxes in my bathroom and hung my wire dog on the tree on the mural. I listen to music and try to relax the whole day; it's nice to relax and know that I'm going to have a caregiver come in and that she will take Dude for a nice long cruise. My brother sent me some pictures of their family sitting around and visiting; it makes me miss them so much… My nieces and nephews all get along nicely, and I hope to be near them one day. Jesse came in and fed the hungry hound dog, fed me up, and took Dude out for a cruise. She returned and watched a couple of loads of laundry, wiped everything down, and then went home. She is always so cheery and happy; it's good energy to be around. I watched TV for a little bit and fell asleep.



















 Sunday was a perfect day. Most Sundays, I stay in bed, and we do personal care and a nice long hot bath so I can get up early on Mondays, but today, I was invited to my friend Memorial over the hill. Cindy came in and fed the hungry hound, fed me a little bit, and then got me dressed and up in my chair. I called a couple of days ago to find out how hot it was going to be, and they said it was probably going to be 88°; my mom decided she probably better not even try to go, so Cindy drove dude and me. It was only about 45 minutes away, and it was beautiful! It was at a place called Coyote Ranch, and they really have many different spots; you could have your gathering outside, in a barn… There were probably five or six different venue places, and they were all gorgeous. Luckily the one we went to was under many trees, and it really wasn't that hard at all. We finally found the right group, and it was a little awkward at first, but everybody was so friendly, and there were quite a few people who know how I was because Chuck and Terri used to come and visit quite a bit, and they adored my dogs. They had everything set up beautifully, and their pastor, check, and Terri's daughter said some lovely things about her. There were many people there because everybody who had met Terri just adored her as I did. I was sitting there looking around, and somebody stepped right in front of me, and I recognized her instantly, it was Patricia! She grabbed me and gave me a big hug, and I think we both cried; it had been such a long time. About 26 years ago, we worked together in a place called Xicor in Milpitas, We talked just about every day, but we didn't really hang out that much. I talked to her for a while, and we decided to get together with some other Xicorians to have a reunion. We visited with a few more people, and then we decided to go back home, it was so beautiful, and I'm so glad I went! Jesse met us here and said he took off for home while Jesse fed the hungry hound, put me to bed, took him for a nice little cruise, fed me, cleaned up and wiped everything down, and then went home. I spent the rest of the evening editing the pictures and reminiscing about Terri. I watched TV until I fell asleep.





















No comments: