Tuesday, August 17, 2021

This is the week I get to find out what I actually allergic to…

 Monday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and fed the hungry hound dog, fed me, and got me dressed, then up in my chair. April from Numotion came by to check and make sure I needed new batteries; I message them a week ago and told them that after going even 4 miles, my batteries dying and they brought me new batteries, and now it's happening again… I can't believe they have to come out and check, that means I can go more than 4 miles, and I know they'll take their time it'll probably be another month. I hope they bring them before my brother comes with his daughter, her husband and her son, and possibly my cousin Debbie and her family. They will be here from August 17 through the 22nd; she said they had them in stock, which shouldn't take very long. Dude and I went for a cruise down to the boardwalk, to the end of the wharf, back, and then home. I didn't dare go very much further than a lot because I still have an appointment with my allergist at 4:45 PM. Jesse came in, and we cruised over to see Dr. Gowda, he and everyone in the office are so nice, and I just love going there. They gave me a list of all things that I'm allergic to, and I thought many were food. Still, it looks like I am mostly allergic to chemicals in shampoos and clearances, face, acne, and age creams, so now I have to rethink everything, but I'm excited that I'm not allergic to eggs. I can't wait to try them again. While I was there, I asked him about food, and they did a test on my forearms, and nothing came up as being allergic; all this time,e I've been avoiding certain foods, and I didn't have to. We returned home, and she fed the hungry hound dog and put me to bed. She fed me, took Dude for a walk, put away some clothes, cleaned up the kitchen and wiped everything down, and then went home. My uncle, aunt, Fred, Claudia, my mom, and I played cribbage for a couple of hours. I edited some pictures and caught up on my blog, and then fell asleep watching TV.









 Tuesday was a pretty good day. Cindy came in and fed. Dude fed me and got me dressed and up in my chair. Cindy drove me over to Capitola for my appointment with Jennifer; I had something on my bottom eyelid right where you put eyeliner. It started as a little red dot net started itching really bad, and then it got swollen and red, and we had to put hot compresses on it; I was rubbing my eye, and I heard a little pop, and then I could feel something in my eye. Jennifer said she would take a look, and she said it was an ingrown eyelash hair, so she took a couple of Q-tips and squeezed it and got the hair out; that was the worst pain I have felt for a long time. She waxed and then toned my face, and we were out of there. We picked up my mom and went to have lunch on the wharf at Olita's; I love this place! I got lobster tacos and a guava margarita, and it was so good! We took some pictures from upstairs, it was such a beautiful day, and everybody was glad to be out and about again. We cruised on home, and then Dude and I cruised over to the wharf and back before Jesse came in, I should've just stayed there and cruised home, but I didn't think about it… That's okay; we are always in the mood for a cruise. Jesse put me to bed and then took Dude out for a cruise; it's so nice to go to bed and then have a little time to unwind… My best time of the day is when I get in bed at night, and everybody sleeps, and I have the whole night to do whatever I want, which is usually watching some shows that I TiVo and play candy crush on the computer. I listened to music and played cribbage for a while on my computer until I fell asleep.

























 Wednesday was a nice relaxing day. Susan came in and gave me a nice long relaxing massage; my body seemed to relax more. Karen came in, we did some personal care and a nice long hot relaxing bath; the only thing to do after a morning like this is to stay in bed all nice and warm and relaxed, so I did. Actually, I'm getting a pressure sore, and usually, I get one, and it heals up quick, but this time it's not, it's getting worse every day, so I'm going to try to stay in bed as much as possible. Karen put me back to bed, and although I wanted to catch up on my blog, all I did was just play games on the computer, listen to music and watch TV. Jesse came in and fed the hungry little guy and then took him out for a cruise; I feel so much better when staying in bed if I know Dude is going to get some exercise. She did a couple loads of laundry, got me something to eat, and then took off for the evening. I watched TV until I fell asleep.



Thursday was a perfect day. Karen came in and fed the hungry hound dog, fed me, and then got me dressed and up in my chair. Dude and I took off for a nice long cruise after taking a picture of the beautiful flowers blooming in my yard; I love my yard. We cruised through Depot Park and down to Cowell's beach; I took some more pictures; I can't believe I finally live in Santa Cruz… I wanted to live here my whole life! I took some pictures of the train going by; I also love the train! My new favorite place to take pictures is on the upper level of the boardwalk; you can see everywhere it is so beautiful! We cruised down to the end of the boardwalk and back, everything was fully open, and summer was here! As we were leaving the boardwalk, I stopped to see if Dude wanted to go to the bathroom, and the train went right by me; everybody looked so excited and happy… Waving and taking in the view. We cruised down to the end of the wharf and back, I used to cruise down the wharf first, but now I like to cruise down to the boardwalk first because I know if I get too hot, it will be nice cool and breezy on the wharf. The lady helping me organize my house just got a new puppy, and it is so adorable! They're taking the puppy camping for the first time, and while we were cleaning out Robby's drawer, we found a bunch of toys that keep the puppy's mind busy, so she took them with her, and she's going to take them camping and hope their puppy loves them as much as Robby did. We cruised home, and I watched TV for a while until Jesse came in; she fed the hungry pooch, put me to bed, at them fed me. She washed a couple of loads of clothes, took Dude for a nice long walk, cleaned up the kitchen and wiped everything down, and went home for the evening. I listened to some music, edited my pictures, and watched TV until I fell asleep. I have so much anxiety about my spinal cord injury doctor prescribed me a medication for depression, saying it would help with my anxiety; I like that it makes me sleep a lot at night, but it doesn't make me tired during the day.















































































 Friday was a nice relaxing day. Susan came in to give me a nice long relaxing massage; I feel like everything is starting to loosen up, so thankful for my massages and now for the medication that helps me sleep. Karen came in, and we did some personal care and a nice long relaxing bath; it is so nice and relaxing thinking about now that we have purged and thoroughly dusted my bathroom. Karen put me back to bed; she got me something to eat, cleaned up, and then home. I spent the rest of the day listening to music, watching TV, playing games on the computer, editing pictures, and trying to catch up on my blog. Jesse came in and fed the hungry hound dog and went and got me some tacos; it feels like all I have done today is eat and rest… My favorite kind of day. Jesse cleaned up the kitchen, took Dude for a really nice long cruise, did a couple of loads of laundry, cleaned up the kitchen, wiped everything down, and then went home. Another nice relaxing evening of watching movies, I always wanted to watch the movie a star is born, but I never had so I decided to download and watch them; I knew for sure there was two of them, but it appears there are three of them and I watch the newest one, and then I started to watch the oldest one. I just couldn't do it, and I fell asleep.




 Saturday was another relaxing day. Cindy came in and fed my little knucklehead, fed me, and then took Dude for a photoshoot and a cruise up to the lighthouse and back; she always takes excellent pictures! She cleaned up and wiped everything down and went home. The rest of the day, I just watched more TV, listened to some music, and napped on and off all day. It used to really bother me to stay in bed by now. I really like it; now that the pandemic is back and in some ways getting worse, I would rather not be outside around people... You just never know who around you could have covid. Jesse came in and for the hungry guy, fed me, and then took Dude for a nice long cruise… If I have to stay in bed, it makes me feel good that Dude can still get out and cruise around. When they came back, Jesse cleaned up, wiped everything down, and then took off for home. It was just Dude and me again for the evening, Dude snorting, rolling around and snoring, and me watching TV until I fell asleep.







 Sunday was… Well, Sunday was. Cindy came in and fed the hungry hound dog, fed me, and then washed a couple of loads of laundry, Cleaned out the refrigerator, watered plants, and then went home. A long time ago, I watched a series called Friday night lights; it was a series about a local high school quarterback who gets a spinal cord injury, and the next thing you know, his friends are coming and visiting him like they used to. Even his girlfriend finds excuses to not be around. Karen came in and fed the hungry hound, I thought she was the one that told me about the series Friday night lights, but she said no… She couldn't watch it because of the content, so I turned the TV to something else. We did some personal care and a nice long hot bath, and she put me back to bed; I love it when everything is done really early, and I have the rest of the day to just relax and do whatever I want to do… It always goes by really fast, but at the time, it seems like I have a lot of time. I'm trying to do more things on the computer, but all I seem to do is just like candy crush; it's such a nice way to forget about everything and keep my mind occupied. Before I knew it, I was asleep.






No comments: