Wednesday, August 4, 2021

Major allergy testing, I can't wait to see what I am actually allergic to…

 Monday was a really gorgeous beautiful day! Karen came in and fed the hungry hound, fed me, and I got dressed and up in my chair. Dude and I cruised down to our favorite place on Cowles beach to take a few pictures before we headed over to the boardwalk; I used to cruise down the wharf and then cruise over to the boardwalk, but it's been really chilly in the morning, and then hotter in the afternoon so if I cruise over to the boardwalk first and then cruise down to the war when it starts getting warmer there is a nice breeze, and it's a lot cooler… Not just a hat rack, my friend! I love it when they open up the top part of the boardwalk, it's mostly little kid rides, but it's a great place to take pictures! I made time again today to watch the countdown of the opening of the giant dipper, I never get tired of that, and I hope one day I get up the nerve to ask them if Dude can push the button. Before I knew it, it was already time to go home and get ready for my appointment with the allergist. Jesse would drive, and Karen would go along to help me out; I can't wait to find out what I am allergic to. The doctor put many patches on my back that already had many chemicals that they usually put in acne cream, lotions… Stuff like that. They put eight patches, and each patch has 10 chemicals on it. I was really prepared for it to be itchy all night long. Still, I think only the top layer they put them where I can feel, so it's not going to be as bad as I thought; I just have to try really hard to not get it wet, so that means no baths for a while. Of course, right now, my back sweats at night because I'm going through menopause, so I hope that doesn't make everything smear or rub off… They did give us a couple of extra pins to outline the places that are rubbing off. It was a lot simpler than I thought we were out of there and back home in no time, I thanked Karen, and then Jesse fed the hungry hound and put me to bed. I edited some pictures, listened to music, and wrote in my blog until I couldn't keep my eyes open anymore and fell asleep.





























































 Tuesday was a pretty good day. Cindy came in and fed the hungry hound dog, got me dressing up in my chair. Cindy said that a couple of the marks on my back are getting really dark. She took Dude and me over to my appointment with Dr. Rosen to have his nurse Kim change my SP tube, she was really nice, and I told her that we were thinking about starting another support group, and she asked me to bring his cards or flyers so she could pass them out. It's so nice to not have a leaking problem anymore; I thought I would have to do something major to get it to stop. We swung by the taqueria and got a couple of taco salads and then swung by the blue ballpark to eat; I had never been there before; there was a charming little park with trails, and we saw a whole bunch of ground squirrels and a bunch more of the artist frames. We ate and then cruised around for a while and took pictures. We cruised back home, and I took Dude out for a little cruise before Jesse came in; she fed the hungry boy, put me to bed, did a couple loads of laundry, and took Dude out for a little cruise. I must've been exhausted because I fell right asleep; she woke me up when she got back to tell me that she was leaving, and I slept through the rest of the evening.




























 Wednesday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and fed the hungry pooch, fed me, and then got me dressed and up in my chair. Jesse came by to take Karen and me to my appointment with the allergist; he took off the patches and gave us a pen to retrace the grid in case I sweated, and asked me not to take a bath for a couple more days. I'm so excited I finally get to find out what I am actually allergic to! Jesse brought us back home, and Karen took off just to put me back to bed; I'm battling a bedsore, and it seems like it just keeps getting worse. I should rest and not get out; the new girls don't reminisce, putting me back to bed. Since Jesse drove us up there, I just have to go ahead and put me back because Andrea, the organizer, will come by and help me continue merging and organizing my bedroom. Today we worked on the big dresser underneath the ceiling lift and the comfort where we keep all of the dog's supplies; Dude kept getting in the way and try to smell everything on the table. At first, I thought he was just hungry, and then I realized there was a lot of Robby's stuff, and he was trying to sniff everything and even steal a couple of things… It was so sweet! Andrea left, and I turned on the humidifier and closed my eyes for a couple minutes, and I woke up at 7:45 with a start; I kept hearing the phone rang. I was still groggy, but I thought I needed to do something, and then I remember that I had a video visit with someone from my care team to discuss my new commode chair. I finally answered the phone was able to get in touch with Dr., and it read really well. When I'm lying in my bed, the camera only sees the top of my more so I had to have my mom come down and hold the computer screen forward a little bit so the doctor could see me. I got that taken care of, but I was exhausted. My mom came down and told me that she was texting with Corrine, and she told her that she was pregnant and due in March; that is so awesome! She posted some pictures online of her and her brothers before they all got married at Disneyland; they all seem to get married in the next four years or so after that. They all found somebody was perfect for them, and I adore them all! I started watching TV, and then I fell asleep again.
















 Thursday started off good but ended up bad. Karen came in and fed the hungry mongrel, fit me, and then got me dressed and up in my chair. It took Dude down to Westside Animal Hospital to have them check the progress on his ear, his ear looks way better, and he's down to 67 pounds. Now that I found him food that he and I really like, the bat wants to change his food to one supposed to help with ear infections, so I will try that for a couple of months and see if it works. A couple of marks from the allergy test are starting to show up really read, and one of them is blustery and bubbly; I must really be allergic to whatever that one is? We cruised down to the wharf, and back then, I got a phone call from Emma's twin sister, and she said that Emma would not come in tonight because she's taking her to ER, so I called Karen, and thankfully she agreed to come back and put me to bed. I left Emma a message and thanked her sister for calling me and asked for either her or her sister to call me back and let me know what's going on. I never heard anything back; I hope it's not bad news… I just want to know that she's okay. I guess they shut down the freeway because someone in the Cape was trying to jump off of a bridge; Cindy sent me a picture. I found a picture of me when I had my Google glass; I miss them so much. After they got all of their input from the explorers, I guess they would put out another one for Apple to come up with their own version, but it's been a couple of years, and I don't think it will happen. I listen to music, edited pictures, and caught up on my blog until I fell asleep.






  Friday was a perfect day; I thought I would have to stay, but Jesse said she would come and put me to bed, so I'm excited to get up! Karen came in and fed the hungry hound dog, fed me, and then we did some personal care and, of course, a shower since I can't do a bath right now with all this ink on my back. One of the spots on my back and list three, and he gave me what I was allergic to and a whole bunch of other names; it looks like it's an ingredient in most Acme and age-defying products, so this is going to be fun. It looks like I will have to rethink everything I put on my head, face and neck; the good news is I might not be allergic to some of the foods that I thought I was. She got me dressed and up in my chair, and Dude and I took off for a cruise down to the end of the work and back; I still need to get up for a little bit to take Dude out for a cruise, but I also need to stay off my butt for a while because my pressure sores getting deeper. I can't believe I finally got a couple of new caregivers, and now I have a pressure sore, so I can't be up for very long, and now is the most important I think they need to practice putting me to bed. I saw this cool wheelchair that looked like it could go on many surfaces, it looked more like a tank, and I want one. I kicked back and watched TV  until Jesse came in; she fed the wild pup and then put me to bed and fed me. She did a couple of loads of laundry and then took Dude out for a little cruise; she wiped everything down, cleaned the kitchen, and then went home for the evening. I watch TV until I fell asleep.




















 Saturday was a pretty good day. Cindy came in and fed the hungry hound, fed me, and then got me dressed and up in my chair. Dude and I took off for a cruise through Depot Park, down to the end of the wharf and back, down to the end of the boardwalk at the back, down to the end of the wharf and back again. It just seems like it's vendor after vendor all the way down the sidewalk from the ideal restaurant to the arcades, I know they were trying to keep them away for a while, but now all the sudden, they're marking the ground where each one can be so I guess they are here to stay. Although they let them stay there, they always have warnings not to eat any of their "danger dogs," They smell so good, but you don't know how they store the stuff, and it's not worth the risk. The biggest reason we had to turn around and come back is because the battery on my wheelchair is dying; I can only go about 5 miles these days and if I go over any kind of speedbump or even the smallest incline installs, and I have to shut it off wait a while and turn it back on… I definitely don't want to get stuck out in this heat and not be able to move. One time I went over a speed bump and installed and when I looked down dude was dancing like the pavement was hot, so I freaked out and didn't know what to do; luckily, after I turned it off and turned it back on, the chair moved so I carefully drove the rest of the way home so that would not happen again. I kicked back in my chair and watch TV for a while until Jesse came in and fed the hungry pooch, put me to bed, and then fed me. She wanted the plants outside, did a couple loads of laundry, took Dude out for a little cruise, cleaned up the kitchen and wiped everything down, and then left. I like how she goes around the house and just does stuff that needs to be done. I spent the rest of the evening listening to music, cropping pictures, and adding to my blog. I watched TV for a while and then fell asleep.














































 Sunday was a nice relaxing day. Cindy came in and fed the hungry hound dog, fed me, and then ran a bunch of errands for me… To Costco to get some medium gloves, no one in the world has them anymore, and they only had large left. She also went to Safeway to pick up my prescriptions; she is so sweet and easy-going! Cindy went home, and Karen came in and redid some personal care and a nice long hot relaxing bath. Whatever I was allergic to relaxed a little bit doesn't look as angry as it did a couple nights ago. Karen put me back to bed and set me up to my computer, fed Dude, fed me, and then left for the evening. It feels terrific to relax and just watch TV; I fell asleep in no time.

No comments: