Monday, September 20, 2021

Covid strains are coming back and there even worse, back to staying at home…

 Monday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and fed the Poochie hound, fed me, and then got me dressed and up in my chair. We cruised through Depot Park and down to the end of the boardwalk and back; of course, I cruised down to Cowles Beach to take a couple of pictures… Whenever I go by there, I just have to take pictures even though I probably have thousands of them already.  We cruised over to Dudes appointment at the vet; he's averaging an earache every two months, so the vet wants to put him on a prescribed vet food, and when I told CCI, they didn't like it; so they asked me if we could figure out something else… They have just learned that a dog needs to have grain in his diet because it's good for their heart. Dude does not have grain for the food they prescribed, but they said to try it for two months and see if it keeps him from getting ear infections. They just helped me get his weight down to a normal, and I loved the food that I changed him to, but if the prescribed one is better… I guess we'll see. My cousin Rich sent me some pictures of his daughter Lexi; he just found out she's pregnant with twins… She already has one beautiful little girl, and I can't wait to find out what the twins are going to be and if they're going to be identical or not. We headed home to wait for Jesse; I wanted to go to Ross and goodwill to look for a costume for Dude and me for Halloween. I found some decorations, and I found some things that we needed for the costumes. We cruised back home, and Jesse fed Dude, put me to bed, fed me, did a couple loads of laundry, watered everything outside, cleaned up the kitchen, wiped everything down, and then went home.  Cindy texted me and said that Adriana and Niko were exposed to the coronavirus and tested positive; their brother Ivan tried positive also. He lives in the same house as Cindy, so she will get tested then stay away for 10 days. This is getting so scary; besides my mom, I have never been this close to somebody who tested positive. I told everybody I needed to speak and took her home test that came out negative, and I'll go down to the Civic Center tomorrow and get another test. Luckily Jesse and Karen continue to come in and help me, or I don't know what I would do. So far, Cindy says they don't have any symptoms, and I just pray that it stays that way. I spent the rest of the evening listening to music, playing games on the computer, and watching TV until I fell asleep.



















  Tuesday was a somber day. Cindy was supposed to come in, but she was exposed to the virus; I hope they are all okay! It's going to be sad to not see Cindy for 10 days; she's always so bright and cheery and so fun to be around. I'm a little freaked out, so I'm probably going to stay in bed for a couple of days, Karen and I were just talking about training Jesse for the morning routine, and it looks like tomorrow's going to be the day. I canceled all of my appointments, but I just have this uneasy feeling all day that I forget something. I pretty much just played candy crush all day and either watched TV or listened to music. My brother Dave texted me a picture of this candy store downtown where he lives; when we visited them in 2012, the lady who owns this business called Let them eat Toffee. We were cruising around downtown, and we ran into this puppy outside of the company in a kennel; it was when I first got Robby, so Robby and the puppy were sniffing each other when she came out. We talked to her for a while, and she told us how they found the puppy; we went to eat and then came back thinking she was trying to get rid of it, but she wasn't; she was just letting them hang out; she adopted him. We talked to her some more and then got some treats from her store, and they were so delicious! We kept in touch through Facebook for all these years. When I told my brother about it, he said that he knew her, she was prominent in the theater, and David had set up some microphones for an event for her… Small world!  He said he was right next door having dinner with his wife and his grandson. Heather sent me a picture of her and Donna; Donna owns a business downtown called the olive connection. I met her several years ago and fell in love with her store… She sells oil and vinegar are that you can mix, and they even have a list of what oils go good with what vinegars for certain things. She fell in love with Robby, And I fell in love with her oil and vinegar's; I always love to just go downtown and visit her. The first time I ordered, she messaged me and said she was just around the corner and would I like her to drop them off at my house, so I told her, yes when she came to drop them off, she ran into Heather… I guess they have known each other for quite a while.  I found this pink statue of a balloon animal dog and a super soft blanket, so I ordered it for my niece Corinne's baby. Sometimes you don't even have to get up to have a long and eventful day; thank goodness for social media. Jesse came in and fed the hungry hound, fed me, and then took Dude out for a nice long cruise. I just stayed in bed and listened to music, played candy crush, edited my pictures… Anything to keep my mind busy. Jesse returned at 4 PM to feed the hungry hound again, feed me, and then took Dude out for another nice long cruise… If I can't get up and out of here, I'm so glad that Dude can because we just work hard to get all of this weight off him. She watered the plants and then went home. I tried to figure out all the people that I would need to contact; I had just decided to go back in and get my hair done, so I had to cancel Jessica again, and I had to cancel changing my SP tube. I also had to reschedule my aesthetician, Jennifer. Joy came in to take Dude for a cruise. The rest of the evening, I just watched TV until I fell asleep; my mind was exhausted.













 Wednesday was a nice relaxing day. Susan came in and gave me a nice long massage; she found a place behind my shoulders that just sent me through the roof when she touched it, and it hurt really bad for a minute, but then the pain started going away… Every once in a while, she does that, and it sure feels good when she stops. Karen came in and fed the hungry hound, fed me, and then we did some personal care and, of course, a nice long hot bath… As bad as I feel some days, as soon as I hit that hot Himalayan salt bubble bath, everything goes away, and I feel relaxed and happy. She put me back to bed, and it was so comfortable I decided to just stay in bed for the day; I had my first wave of concerts, and in two weeks, I started another wave… I'm so excited! When I do go to the show, to end up taking a lot of pictures, so then I have to decide which ones to save and which ones to get rid of; I don't really need 20 of the same image, but I want to get a good one, so I take a bunch. I keep wondering if I need to stop playing Candy crush; everything I do on the computer or on the TV exists on when I will get more lives, and I think that's wrong?
On the other hand, it takes my mind off everything, so I don't know. Jesse came in and fed the poor pooper and then took him for a walk; she fed me and wandered outside and then went home for the day. I watched TV and edited pictures until I fell asleep.




 Thursday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and fed the knucklehead, fed me, and then got me dressed and up in my chair. Dude and I took off for a cruise through Depot Park, down to the beginning of the wharf, over to the beginning of the boardwalk, and back. Jesse was going to come in and take me to the Santa Cruz Civic Center to get a Covid test, but she was running late, so Dude and I just cruise down there; I had never gotten a test before because I had been exposed, and is really scary… You have to wait like 72 hours, and I think it's going to be the most prolonged 72 hours ever. Karen came back and put me to bed because Jesse wasn't going to go in. Karen put me back to bed and then came back later to feed the hungry hound and feed me. It was actually nice to have another day to stay in bed and just listen to music and play candy crush. Karen came back and provided us and then took off for the evening. I edited some pictures, played games on the computer until I fell asleep.














 Friday was an excellent day. Karen came in and fed the hungry hound dog, provided me, and then did some personal care and a nice long hot relaxing bath. She got me dressed and up in my chair, and I took Dude out for a nice little cruise; what a beautiful day! We cruised back home; the reason I came back early was to have my mom put my phone on the charger so I could take pictures tonight, but of course, I forgot. Eli and Jesse came by, and we fed Dude before we left for the concert. Tonight was my first series in the Mountain winery concert, we are going to see Tower of Power. They're not really one of my favorites, but I had to choose for shows.
There was really only one that I was excited about; unfortunately, I have to get four concerts from there a year to get tickets a month before everybody else the following year. Usually, I have a friend that gets two, and I usually get two, and then I don't feel as bad about wasting money on tickets that I don't really enjoy… Actually, I really appreciate all of the concerts, but there's just some I like more than others. I like taking people that have never gone before because it's just such a gorgeous place to be; a few people work there that always remember me and that always feels good. One guy drives a golf cart with the ramp; initially, I would take the golf cart, but it's really not that far. When I first started going there, I had my Google Glass, and every time the guy would tell me, "you're not going to record the concert, are you?" Not very many people know what Google Glass is, and he was one of them. I can snap pictures with the Google Glass with my phone, but I can't take any videos because it's voice-activated, and the concert is too loud for Glass to hear my voice. I got some nachos before we got to our seat, I didn't end up eating very much, but for some reason, that's what I was craving. Eli and Jesse went to the bathroom, and while I was sitting there, this guy standing next to me started up a conversation, turns out he was the photographer for the venue and said this is where he always stands to take pictures of the first song… He said I had the best seat in the vending, which made me feel great. He took a picture of Jesse and me, and Jesse gave him her cell phone number, and he said he would send us some pictures tomorrow. The concert was excellent; I knew I would enjoy it. We cruised back home, and Jesse put me to bed; I didn't even get to really look at my pictures because I was so exhausted I just fell asleep.





























 Saturday was a nice relaxing day. I don't bounce back as well as I used to after going to these concerts and not getting home until midnight. Cindy came in and brought me some fresh chorizo, last Tuesday, we were talking about food as usual, and I told her I hadn't had chorizo for a while, and she remembered and brought it in… She is so sweet and thoughtful! She made me a breakfast taco, and it was awesome! There is nothing like fresh chorizo! She fed the hungry hound, fed me, watered the plants outside, washed a load of clothes, cleaned up the kitchen, wiped everything down, and then went home. The rest of the day was pleasant and relaxing; I edited my pictures from the concert yesterday and tried to catch up on my blog… I seem to catch up and then get behind again. I don't know why I don't blog every night like I used to; I think this pandemic had a worse effect on me than I thought because all I seem to want to do is play candy crush. Jesse came in and fed the hungry hound and then took him for a cruise around Santa Cruz. She got back and fixed me something to eat, cleaned up and did some laundry, and then went home. My favorite part of the evening is after my caregivers go home, and I'm in bed with the TV and the computer, I have to have somebody around for 8+ hours a day, so when I have time to myself, I really enjoy it. The rest of the evening, I edited pictures, watched TV, and fell asleep. I didn't even have time to get any photos off the Internet; when I don't take pictures, I try to find images that people sent to me or take pictures online just to have something to post.

 Sunday was a pretty awesome day. Cindy came in and fed the hungry guy, fed me, and then got me dressed up in my chair. I went to take Dude out for a nice long cruise and ran into my aunt; I haven't seen her garden for a while, so I went over there to check it out… Her yard is just amazing! We cruised through Depot Park and down to the end of the wharf and back; the beach was just wall-to-wall umbrellas, tents, and canopies… I think everybody came to Santa Cruz for the weekend. Everybody in Santa Cruz is so laid-back and friendly; it's just adorable to live here; many people who travel to hear are so happy to see the beach, and I usually think as long as alcohol stays out of the equation, everybody has a perfect time. We cruised back home and rested for a bit, and this time I had my mom charge my phone, so I could take pictures at the concert, Trish and I are going to the Mountain winery to see Chicago… I LOVE Chicago! The show was amazing! I just love the horns! We came back home, and she dropped me off and then went home. Jesse was trashed, I told her and her boyfriend they could stay here and keep Dude company and watch a movie, but they drank a bunch of vodkas and got into a fight, so she was not only intoxicated, but she was high on something and pissed off… I'm not an ally. I said a couple prayers that she would get me into my bed without incident, and she did. She would stay the night here, but she decided to go home, and I'm sure glad; I think she would've stayed up and talked all night long, and I was exhausted. I started editing my pictures, but I was too tired, and I fell asleep.




















































I downloaded some audiobooks and a meditation app, and I think I'm going to start listening to some podcasts; I know it's a beautiful world out there; I just need to figure out how to be stronger and enjoy it. I hardly go on Facebook, I even go on Instagram and tik-tok less, and it doesn't seem to be a good sign. I work in progress. Jesse came in and fed the knucklehead and took him for a nice long walk; when they got back, she provided me, cleaned up a little and wiped everything down, and then went home. If I don't get up, I usually have her come in early to get everything done, and I have even more time to myself in the evening. I mostly played candy crush, and cribbage watched some TiVo and fell asleep.

No comments: