Saturday, September 11, 2021

Getting back to a somewhat normal life…

 Monday was a nice relaxing day. Karen came in and fed the hungry pooch, fed me, and then rolled me on my side for a while. I'm getting a pressure sore, and I just want to stay off of it for a couple days and see if it heals. My aesthetician told me that I should be taken some collagen, I guess it's perfect for all your skin, so I started putting it in my coffee. Karen went home, and I just lay in bed all day. I tried to catch up on my blog, edited pictures, watched TV, listened to music, meditated… All the things that make me feel better. Jesse came in, Fed the hungry little guy, fed me, did a couple loads of laundry, cleaned up the kitchen, wiped everything down, and then went home.  Fred, my uncle, aunt, Claudia, my mom, and I played cribbage until everybody couldn't stay awake anymore. I started to watch a movie, but I got tired and just fell asleep.



 Tuesday was a pretty good day. Cindy came in and fed the knucklehead, fed me, and then got me dressed and up in my chair. Cindy took us over to the animal shelter for our biweekly CCI puppy play date, and only ended up being Cindy, Jan, and I, but we had a perfect time; the dogs are getting used to the place, so now instead of just running around sniffing everything they were finally doing the agility course and playing catch and tug-of-war. I wish we could get more people to go Because I feel like if not many people keep showing up, we're going to have to quit going over there; that would be really sad! Omar is building a second gate in the driveway, so it will be easy to transition the dogs from outside to inside; again, I have there now swung open really wide, and when it's open, I'm afraid the dogs will run out, and there is a bustling street by where I live. After the puppy play date, we went to Costco, and of course, there were no gloves, so we headed on over to Safeway to pick up my prescription and a couple of groceries; while I was there, I asked them about the booster shot, and they gave me one. I had the normal sore arm for a while, and I didn't really feel great the next day, but I'm glad I did it! We came back home, and I kicked back and watched TV for a while until Jesse came in; she put me to bed, and I don't know if it was the shot or what, but I was out… I don't even remember eating or if I did. Usually, I ask my caregivers to leave me alone if I'm sleeping and do other stuff or just go home.






 Wednesday was a nice relaxing day. Susan came in to give me a nice long relaxing massage, I think I was halfway in and halfway out of consciousness, but it felt great. Karen came in, and we did some personal care and a nice long hot bubble bath. Is this the best day ever? Karen put me back to bed, and since it was almost 2 PM, I decided to stay in bed; since the organizer will be here at 2 PM, today I think we will work on my cosmetic drawer… I have been collecting face, neck, and body products forever. I just need to start using all the stuff. I always feel good after the organizer leaves, and I'm glad that I had a stranger do it because I'm least likely to keep stuff that I'm not really sure about if it's someone closer to me. Jesse came in and fed the hungry hound, fed me, and then cleaned up and went home. I was sitting here thinking about what room I would like to do next; what I really want to do is get out and knock out the garage because I really going to try and push myself And get rid of a lot of stuff. Still, then I realize there's a possibility that a lot of the stuff in here I want to try to keep in the garage just to make more room in here… It's a vicious circle. I looked up organizing techniques on Pinterest and then fell asleep.

 Thursday was a really great day. Karen came in and fed the hungry pooch, fed me, and then got me dressed and up in my chair. I love being up by 10 AM, especially when the weather is nice because it gives me the whole day to cruise around and take pictures of this gorgeous place I live. Dude and I took off for a cruise through Depot Park, down to Cowell's beach, down to the end of the wharf, and back, down to the end of the boardwalk and back and then down Westcliff Drive to the second dog beach and back, I really wanted to go all the way to the end, but I was afraid my batteries might die. It was such a gorgeous day, and I took a lot of really awesome pictures! Jesse's nephew was playing football at Los Gatos high school, and she asked me to go with her; I was so excited because I hadn't been there for a very long time. The bleachers were super hot, but we found a place in the shade off to the side, so we watched the game from there. Her nephew is from Aptos; they got killed. On our way back home, we decided to stop by the cheesecake factory, I hadn't been there for a long time, and I was so excited. I got steak Diane, shrimp scampi over mashed potatoes, and a salad. It was so delicious. I brought home A banana cream cheesecake so I can just have a bite of it every day until it's gone. The slices were a lot smaller than what I remember, but the cheesecake was delicious! We cruised on back home, and she fed the hungry hound dog and then put me to bed. It was a long day, and I was really exhausted and fell right to sleep.



































































































































 Friday was a nice relaxing day. Karen came in and fed the knucklehead, fed me, and then we did some personal care, then, of course, my favorite hot relaxing bath… I decided to go back to bed and relax for the day, partly because I get nervous going outside my house anymore and partly because I wasn't sure if I would have an evening caregiver. I watched TV for a while until Jesse came in. She fed the hungry little guy, fed me, cleaned up the kitchen, did a couple loads of laundry, wiped everything down, and then went home. I listened to some music, wrote in my blog, and watched TV until I fell asleep.







 Saturday was a nice relaxing day. Cindy came in and fed the hungry hound, fed me, and then took my car over to ocean Honda… I haven't had it serviced for a really long time, and I think I'm going to look for a new one because Omar said my transmission is going out; they're going to fix everything that needs fixing and look it over and give me an estimate of what they would give me for it. They had an over driver drop Cindy off, and Jesse will go back over later and get it if it's done tonight. The last little statue for the memorial came in, so Omar came by and put it together; it looks awesome!! I listened to some music, edited some pictures, and worked on my blog. They called Jesse to come in and pick up my van, the guy stayed after work to make sure we got it back tonight, and the Uber driver came back to pick up Jesse and take her to get it. They are all so nice in there! They told me that my van was in perfect shape, and the guy said he would give me $19,000 for it, I'm going to ask the place that I got it from and see what they would give me for it, and then I'll either sell it to one of them or sell it myself… People keep telling me that I can get more if I sell it myself. I think I'll take it in and have them check out the transmission and then decide. If the transmission is good, I don't really have a reason to sell it, although I would like to get a band that's higher off the ground, so it doesn't scrape on every little speed and driveway. My Oregon family had a baby shower for MacKenzie and sent me some pictures, it would be so nice to have more family around, but I just wish I wouldn't have to move from Santa Cruz to have it. Jesse went home, and I watched a couple movies until I fell asleep.












 Sunday was a nice relaxing day. Cindy came in and fed Dude, fed me, and then took Dude out for a little cruise. A week ago, I had an appointment with Dude at his regular vet; it was a follow-up because he got a foxtail in his ear… I love how they always take fox tail to a piece of gauze and send it home with the paperwork, and of course, I always keep it because some of my caregivers don't know what a foxtail is. The vet also put Dude on a diet that is supposed to decrease his ear infections, averaging about one every two months. I cleared it with CCI, and they don't like it because it doesn't have any grain in it; they have determined that grain is a necessity for dogs because, without it, they have heart problems… My vet has told me the same thing, but there's a possibility that Dude is allergic to grain, so we are going to try the prescription food for a couple of months and see if he is without ear infections, and when we get the results, we will decide what needs to be done. My aunt has developed quite the butterfly patching habitat over at her house; every day, she sends me more and more butterfly chrysalis… It is awesome to watch them crawl around as caterpillars, hang there as a chrysalis, and then hatch into butterflies. Because of this, I have learned a lot about butterflies, from Caterpillar to butterfly, and it's so interesting and amazing to watch! I remember several times throughout my life people talking about seeing butterflies and just knowing that it's somebody they loved that had passed on; I think that now every time I see a butterfly. A couple of weeks ago, I was thinking about that when I saw a monarch butterfly passed by me when I was cruising towards the wharf, I stopped to let Dude go to the bathroom and a white butterfly landed on my shirt… It made me smile, and I wish I could've taken a picture of it because it made me think of Robby. I watched a couple of episodes of 90-day fiancé and then Darcy and Stacy before I drifted off to sleep.





No comments: