Wednesday, March 31, 2021

St. Patrick's Day week…

 Monday was another rainy relaxing day. Susan came in to give me a nice long, relaxing massage. I feel like this pain is never going to go away, although I generally feel excellent after the massage; as soon as I start moving around or eat, the pain comes back, but it's not as intense. Karen came in and fed me; since Susan gets here at 6 AM, she takes Dude out and feeds him… Otherwise, he would just drive us nuts the whole time. It was raining outside, so I opted to stay in bed; my physical therapist really wants me to get up every day, but for right now, with this much pain and it raining outside… The cold really hurts my neck and shoulders. I need to at least start getting up and getting back on the EFS exercise cycle; I need to remember to ask my physical therapist if I can exercise when I'm sore. We decided to get together for St. Patrick's Day dinner; I am the only one in the bunch that hasn't had the vaccine shot yet. I watched TV pretty much all day with a hot water bottle behind my neck; that seems to help. I could see the rumba in the living room cruising around; at first, it scared me because I thought it was an animal scurrying across the floor. I had a doorstop made with Dude's picture, and Karen decided to put it on top of the rumba and let it cruise around; she is so creative! Of course, it didn't last very long because the next time I looked up, the doorstop was gone, but the rumble was still cruising around; thank goodness she got some pictures before it fell off because I look so adorable! Rosa came in and fed the hungry boy, fed me, bleached my tub, wiped everything down, cleaned up the kitchen, and then went home. I spent the rest of the evening listening to a book on audible, and I'm trying to find some excellent podcasts to listen to and get away from watching so much TV. I do like to watch TV until I fall asleep.




 Tuesday was a pretty good day. Cindy came in, fed the hungry boy, fed me, and got me dressed up in my chair. My first appointment today was with a hemoglobin/oncology doctor; why is it the older you get, the more you need a different kind of doctor? Apparently, I am extremely anemic; by the time my appointment came around, I forgot why Dr. Owen's referred me to him. He said my iron is deficient and prescribed iron pills but said if the iron pills didn't work, they had to do some kind of treatment where I had to go in. I can't remember what it was called, but I had to sit there for four hours, so I hope the iron pills work; he said to start off with a low because they will upset your stomach, and since my stomach is already upset, this is not good news. We went to Costco to get some groceries and to see if they had any dessert for St. Patrick's Day tomorrow and, of course, to get some iron pills; I couldn't believe they actually had Clorox wipes… We could only get one, but they are finally back in stock. On our way out we couldn't help ourselves, and we had to get a hot dog, it was so delicious! We dropped everything by the house, ate lunch on the back porch, and then headed to my appointment with Yasel. It was nice to see all of the usual people there, and during our appointment, Roger and Elizabeth came over and said that they are ready to start another support group; so exciting! I personally think that after this pandemic, everybody's going to be ready for a support group in Santa Cruz… And it's going to be there at Dominican rehab, which is a lot closer and nicer to get to. She said we could get together and discuss it, but I'm already excited! Since we started the CCI puppy playdates, I met more people to invite to the support group. What a great day! Cindy took a couple of pictures of Yasel, dude, and me, today; she showed me the best way to support my neck and night… I guess part of why my neck hurts is that it's not supported at night or in my chair. After we left, we went by and picked up Rosa and decided to go downtown to have some coffee at Verb; it was really nice, so we decided to sit outside, and as we were drinking our coffee, one of Rose's friends drove up in a caregiver agency van… Of course, I took a picture for the future and have it as a reference for the support group. We finished up our coffee, came home, and Rosa fed Dude, put me to bed, and then got me something to eat. She cleaned up, wiped everything down, and then went home. My nephew and his wife sent me a video of their little baby and a picture of the storytelling Dragon I sent them, and a plaque stating when the baby was due, so exciting! My cousin Rich sent me a picture of a leg scooter he didn't need anymore to see if I could find it a good home; there's always somebody out there that needs one. I watched TV until I fell asleep.












 Wednesday was a perfect day. Susan came in and gave me a nice long massage, there was a lot of cracking and popping, and she found a lot of tender places, and it felt so great after. Karen came in, and we did some personal care, and I didn't even need to take any gabapentin; my neck and shoulders felt good for the first time in a long time. Angela came by for Dude's spa day; she owns a mobile grooming business and has been coming by to groom Dude for about a year. Before that, her uncle had the business and groomed Robby and Dude for the last several years. After the bath, I was on top of the world until Karen put me back to bed and started rolling me back and forth to get me dressed; that seems to be when it starts hurting, and then for some reason, when I eat… I think because I'm holding my neck up, and that's when he gets fatigued.  Jan and Teak came by for a puppy play date, Dude and Teak get so excited when they see each other, and they are so adorable playing! After Robby passed away, I kept hearing about the rainbow bridge; I had never heard about that before. People were sending me stories, poems, and pictures… I actually found one picture online that I really liked that has to do with the rainbow bridge. My cousin Rich sent me a video of his dogs, they just got groomed, and they look adorable! For the first time in a long time, we are getting together for St. Patrick's Day dinner; my aunt made corn beef and cabbage with baby carrots and red potatoes… Deziree made her killer orzo salad that I love so much! Fred and JoAnn stayed in the house behind my aunt's, and my mom came downstairs, and we had an amazing dinner! They sat at the round table, and I just sent over by the front door, everybody has had their covid vaccines except for me, and I know that Rosa gets really nervous about being around people with or without the vaccines. Hence, I was sure to stay away from everyone else and keep my mask on… It was still nice to catch up with everybody! Rosa came in, and I said goodbye to everybody, and she put me to bed; she was kind of in a rush because she wanted to get back and have dinner with her family. I watched TV for a while, edited some pictures, and listen to an audiobook until I fell asleep.








 Thursday was another relaxing day. Karen came in and fed the hungry kid and then fed me. I got up yesterday, but I wasn't feeling the greatest, my massage therapist wants me to really try to get up every day, so I'm going to do it… I actually do feel better when I get up every day. When I stay in bed is when I usually get a pressure sore and bloated; sometimes, the process of going back to bed just isn't worth getting up anymore. Karen got me dressed and up in my chair, and Deziree, Dude, and I went for a cruise down to the end of the wharf and back… My niece is pretty cool, and I'm so excited to have the chance to get to know her a little better. We came back, and I just kicked back and watched TV until Adriana came in; she fed Dude and then put me to bed and fed me.  Deziree made some mozzarella stuffed tomatoes, so I had that and some more of her killer orzo salad; it was so good! I was craving some ice cream, and I remember that I had bought some vegan ice cream and some vegan cookies from downtown, so after dinner, I had an ice cream sandwich, and it was delicious! When the pictures that came up as a memory on my Facebook page were of Karen, Robby, and me on our trip in 2012 on St. Patrick's Day… We took a trip from here to Fort Lauderdale, Florida, where my cousin Kelly lives, it was just Kelly, Karen, Robby, and I, and we had such a good time stopping in the different cities on the way. Adriana did a couple of laundry loads, cleaned the kitchen, wiped everything down, and then went home. I watched TV, caught up on my blog, and eventually fell asleep.








Friday was another relaxing day. Susan came in to give me a nice long massage; it always feels so good and eases my pain for a long time. Karen came in and fed the hungry pooch, fed me, and then we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath.  She showed me a picture of their silly cat every time her husband goes on a Zoom call for work; he's been working at home, he runs into the living room real quick and jumps up on the table, and meows really loud at him… It's hilarious! It's almost like he's saying, "Why didn't you wait for me??" I didn't have anything going on today, and I thought it would be good to give my neck, shoulders, and arm arrest, so I decided to stay in bed; I'm starting to realize that staying in bed usually only makes everything worse, but some days it just hurts too much to get up. I pretty much watched TV all day; on the days that I don't get up, Deziree has been taking Dude out for a little cruise. It's going to be a sad day around here when she goes home. Adriana came in and fed the hungry boy, fed me, did a couple of loads of laundry, wiped everything down, and then went home. I listen to an audiobook until I fell asleep.










 Saturday was a good day. Cindy came in and fed the hungry guy, fed me, and then got me dressed and up in my chair. It's a sad day; also, Deziree is going home… It was a really great visit, and she promises to come back when she can. It will be a busy day, I have two appointments, and I need to go grocery shopping. We went grocery shopping first, and then my first appointment was with Jennifer, my aesthetician, and my second appointment was with Jessica, my hairdresser. Cindy had to take her brothers over the hill to get a haircut, so I just cruise down to my appointment with Jessica; I need to start cruising around more with Dude is getting a little chunky. After my appointment with Jessica, it was a little cold, so I hurried straight home, and by the time I got home, my neck was killing me. As I was coming up my driveway, my aunt and Melia came running across the street to get some succulents, the girls are decorating my aunt's backyard, and it looks awesome! My cousin Rich yelled across the street to see if he could bring his fur babies; I told him that he could if he wanted to watch them because I needed to go to bed. They love to play together; I wonder if they know that they are cousins?? Adriana came in and put me to bed after she fed the knucklehead; he played outdoors while putting me to bed and got me something to eat. She did some laundry, clean up the kitchen, wiped everything down, and then went home. A guy that I went to high school and got reacquainted with years later posted a couple of things from high school; remember the PeeChee folders? Also, the KOME radio station stickers, that brought back such great memories. Since I didn't get to take any pictures this afternoon, I decided to steal some gorgeous ones that friends online posted. I watched a movie while editing some pictures, still trying to catch up on my blog, but I'm getting closer. I eventually drifted off to sleep.













 Sunday Was another day in bed. Cindy came in, fed the hungry guy, fed me, and then cleaned out the kitchen's freezer. I bought a little freezer to put in the garage so I could put some of the stuff in there; now they both are full, I'm going to have to make sure that well my brothers hear we need to take stuff out and cook it. She also found a bunch of vegan ice cream that I bought and even some vegan cookies, I love ice cream sandwiches, and I get the lemon vegan cookie, and then I put blueberry pralines ice cream, and it is so delicious! Karen came in at noon and gave Dude half of his food; we did some personal-care and a nice long hot bath and care about me back to bed. Everything went by really fast, so I have all night to relax and do whatever I want, meaning… Edit pictures, catch up on my blog, and listen to music until my arm hurts, and then watch TV while it's resting. I eventually fell asleep.

No comments: