Monday, March 22, 2021

2 1/2 weeks until St. Patrick's Day…

 Monday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and fed the hungry boy and then fed me; on Sundays, I have an excellent appetite, but for others, I just can't eat anything… I miss my noodles. We did some personal care and, of course, a nice long hot bath. It did take a long time; I don't know if it's the nerve meds that I've been taking or something else. I decided to stay in bed, I am always exhausted after personal care, but the nice long hot bath feels amazing! Karen put me back to bed, cleaned up, took some St. Patrick's Day pictures of Dude, and then went home. I listen to some music, edited some pictures, and then watch TV until Rosa came in. She fed Dude, fed me, vacuumed, cleaned up, wiped everything down, and then went home. I want some more TV until I fell asleep; I can't wait until it starts warming up so I can get out and cruise around with Dude.









Tuesday was a perfect day. Cindy came in, fed the hungry pooch, fed me, and then got me dressed and up in my chair. Today is my aunt's birthday, and Adriana was going to go to the battery bakery and get her cake; she ended up getting a cake and some little pies. She is always so sweet and thoughtful! Much as I say I'm not going to, I always end up procrastinating too much, and they were always in a rush to get to my appointments, So much for New Year's resolutions. My first appointment was with Dr. Allerman to get my eyes measured for my up-and-coming cataract surgery, I don't need it yet, but I will be able to see really well and won't have to wear glasses anymore. I haven't been able to wear them anyway because they get fogged up when I wear my mask. He said eventually I will need the surgery, but it will be nice to see for now. After my eye appointment went to get some food, I keep seeing this restaurant across the street from the Bank of America, and there's always a lot of people there, so I always wanted to try it… It was really awesome! It was such a beautiful day we decided to bring it home and eat on the back porch, we haven't been able to do that for a long time, and it's so nice to just sit in the sun with our taco salads and coffee from Pete's coffee. My last appointment was with my physical therapist Yasel; everybody at Dominican rehab is so sweet! It seems like every time I go there now, I run into Foster and Roger; it's so nice to see half of everybody's face again. Roger and I were reminiscing about the concert that we used to go to at the Saratoga Mountain winery; if you go to four concerts every year, they let you get tickets a month before everyone else, so I always ask Roger AND between the two of us we can find for concerts that we want to go to. We get the first choice, usually at the accessible seating. We started a support group twice, but it never really worked out, and we always talk about trying it again; maybe now is a good time? After my appointment, we cruised by to pick up Rosa and came home; Rosa fed my little knucklehead, put me to bed, and fed me. She likes to bleach my tub when she comes; I really appreciate it, especially now… When you first started doing it, there was a lot of mold in the jets, so now she does it every time. She also likes to wipe everything down, and I love that also; she is definitely a keeper! After she cleaned up and went home, I listen to music; I haven't really been taking too many pictures, so there's not much editing to do. I eventually fell asleep.








 Wednesday was another relaxing day. Susan came in to give me a nice long massage; I really really needed it… It's funny how just with her finger, she can always tell where the big knots, she even can tell that I have a rib out. She is an amazing lady! Karen came in, and we did some personal care. Man, it's getting harder and harder every day… Even after a nice hot relaxing bath, I'm still exhausted. I decided to stay in bed, Karen went to visit her mother for her grandma's birthday, and Rosa, Adriana, and Cindy have other jobs, so Cindy came in long enough to feed Dude and me. I just watched TV all day, my brother got me started on the cobra kai series, and I keep forgetting about it, but I really am enjoying it… The truth is I think I'm afraid to get to the end because what if there are no more seasons? I started watching the marvelous Mrs. Meisel did seem like in no time at all, we ran out of shows to watch; they said we had to wait until this year for another season… I'm still waiting. Rosa came in and fed the little hungry guy, fed me, cleaned up, and then left. I listen to music and editing pictures until I couldn't keep my eyes open anymore.



 Thursday was a pretty good day. Cindy came in, Karen went to go visit her mother for her birthday. She fed the hungry guy and then fed me. I'm going to stay in bed today because Gustavo is coming to pick up my van and wheelchair to detail it; it always looks so awesome when he gets done! I pretty much just watch TV all day, it hurts so much when I use my arm a lot, but it's tough to keep it still sitting next to the mouse. When I stay in bed, I LOVE watching the birds outside; I developed a fascination for birds when I moved here partially because of the lagoon a couple blocks away and a couple of birdfeeders that my cousin Rich and his girls got me for Christmas. I just love watching them bounce around and eat; I need to get a birdbath out there. It has a little opening so the big birds can't get in there, and it's funny to watch the doves; they don't seem to be very smart, sit on top and pecking at the plastic trying to get the seeds inside. I don't go on Facebook very much anymore, but I saw some awesome posts with pictures of my sister-in-law and my brother when I did. When she and my brother are together, they always look so happy… I know they have great conversations; they are both intelligent and funny. I also saw a picture of two hands holding a candle, and I'm not sure if it's my sister-in-law or one of her children, but I had to steal it because it was so cool!  Joy came by and took Dude out for a cruise. I decided to order some Thai food; I do almost every Thursday because it is so delicious! I usually order Eggplant delight, which is eggplant cooked with ground chicken and ground shrub; it's really spicy and so delicious! I also ordered calamari, which I shouldn't eat because I'm allergic to eggs and potstickers, which I shouldn't eat. After all, it's a lot of carbs, barbecued duck, which is so good! I do pretty well the other days and a managing to keep my diabetes in check, so I'm lucky, and as long as I can do it, I will do it. Adriana came in just as they deliver the food to the front porch, I was hoping it wouldn't sit out there and get cold, but she's usually on time. She fed the hungry boy and then fed me, and after I was so happy, I seem to be getting my appetite back.  Gustavo brought my van and chair back, and they looked AMAZING! Adriana brought my chair in so I could see and told me that the van looked amazing also! She cleaned up and wiped everything down, did a couple loads of laundry, and then headed home. A friend sent me a stunning mystical picture, so of course, I had to explore the Facebook page, and I found so many cool pictures! Since I haven't really been out, I don't have many pictures; I can't wait until it's warmer so I can get out and cruise around again! A picture of Robby popped up on my Facebook page; it was out of our trip in 2012, where we stopped at my brother's place in Georgia two times… On the way up and on the way back. It was a really nice trip, once-in-a-lifetime! My cousin drove, and I had one caregiver that went with me; I felt awful for her because she ended up doing most of the work, and by the time we got home, I know she was really done being around me, LOL. While we were on that vacation, my brother sent me a meme of a frog, and I loved it! I watch TV most of the night until I fell asleep.


































 Friday was another relaxing day. Cindy came in and fed the hungry guy, fed me. Again I watch TV all day; I watched a couple more episodes of Cobra Kai… I don't want to watch it all because then all notice how much longer it takes for a new season to come out. After a while and another gabapentin, my arm felt a little better, so I tried to get caught up a little bit in my blog and edit some pictures. I've learned that when I feel even a little numbness in my right arm to stop and rest for a couple of hours, it's really frustrating because of my OCD, but it's what I need to do right now. Adriana came in and fed the hungry pooch and then fed me; we did some personal care and, of course, a nice long hot relaxing bath… I wish I could have a bath every day! The personal care wipes me out, but these days my neck is really hurting, and all I want to do is get that hot water bottle underneath my neck. I am still pretty much living on gabapentin, I have tried a couple times to not take it, but the pain is really unbearable! All-day I have been thinking about the leftovers from yesterday, that's what I had for dinner. She did a couple loads of laundry, cleaned up the kitchen, and wiped everything down before she left. I watch TV a lot and played games on the computer until I was tired enough to fall asleep.


 Saturday Was another nice relaxing day. Cindy came in and fed the hungry guy and then fed me; my neck and right arm were hurting so bad I decided to stay in bed and rest my arm… When I opened my chair, I'm driving, which hurts, and when I'm in bed when I use my trackball, that hurts, so I can't win. Every morning when the ladies pull me out from under my computer, Dude jumps up, and we have cuddle time; this morning, he was so cute because he didn't want to get off. She put me on my side for a while and then set me back up to the computer; I thought about not pulling my bed up to the computer because then I'm more apt to use my arm, but if something happens and I need to get a hold of somebody I want to make sure I can. I watched the shows I have on TiVo all day until Adriana came in to feed the hungry pup; she fed me, did a couple loads of laundry, wiped everything down, cleaned up the kitchen, and then left.  Omar messaged me and sent me a picture of a Birria quesadilla that he made, I was just introduced to casaBirria tacos, and I fell in love… They are so delicious! We told Omar, and he said that there was made out of goat in Mexico,, but here they're made with beef, and he just doesn't like them, but the one he made looked amazing, so now when he gets back from Mexico, he needs to make us some! My massage therapist makes this killer toffee with THC, I would eat it just because it tastes delicious, but it is nice and relaxing. I just kind of sat there, enjoyed my buzz, and try do not to use my arm. I put on some music and eventually fell asleep.






 Sunday was another day in bed. Cindy came in and fed the hungry mongrel and then fed me. She climbed up and took off because she had to drive her brothers over the hill to get a haircut. I just kicked back and watched TV and looked for Omar's stumps to make me a memorial for Robby and Penny in the front yard; I have always loved the three stumps type with a big rope… I can't remember what it's called, but I have a little one in the bathroom; Omar wants to find some redwood stumps to make it out of, so I was looking around online. When looking for something online, if I can't find it, I get discouraged, and my mind seems to wander, and pretty soon, I'm way over here looking for something else. Karen came in at noon, and we did some personal-care and my nice hot relaxing bath; she put me back to bed, and I just relaxed for the rest of the evening. Tomorrow's going to be a nice long day, and I can't wait. I found a couple of pictures online of my favorite place to go in Santa Cruz before I drifted off to sleep.




No comments: