Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Mom heads to Stanford…

 Monday wasn't a perfect day. Karen came in and fed the hungry boy and then fit me. My mom texted me that her nose started bleeding last night and is still bleeding, just gushing out. My aunt suggested that David just take her to Stanford, so she asked me, and I told her I thought that was a great idea; David is here to drive you, so it's perfect! She decided to go; of course, they wouldn't let David past the front door, but he waited in the parking lot for a while in case something happened and she wasn't going to be able to stay there. Waiting really is the hardest part! I decided to stay in bed even though I should've gotten up and gotten out; I seem to get more and more stressed if I stay in bed instead of getting out and seeing the ocean. I just didn't want to miss anything. Eventually, Dave texted that he was coming back home and mom was staying at Stanford… I think that's the best place for her right now; if anybody can help her, Stanford can. My brother made it home, and we talked for a minute, and he said good night, he didn't really know anything, but she's in good hands. I watched TV for a while, but I wasn't really paying that much attention to it, and eventually, I drifted off to sleep.





Tuesday was the second day of a really long time of hoping and praying. Cindy came in and fed the hungry dog and then got me something to eat; I still not eating really well these days… I get famished, and then after a couple of bites, I just can't believe it anymore. Whether it's from my hiatal hernia or because I'm worried about my mom, she doesn't sound good, and she doesn't want to be there… Who can blame her? She has a balloon in one side of her nostril to help stop the bleeding, and the other nostril is so packed with blood she can't breathe, and she is on oxygen; I just wish there was something I could do besides just sit and wait. She did send me a couple of pictures of her room, and she has a really nice view and a really nice TV; she also has round-the-clock nurses who know what to do. Just a couple days and shall be back to normal; she's a tough cookie! I decided to stay in bed; it's freezing out in the cold air actually makes my neck hurt more. Cindy decided she wanted to tackle the front bedroom closet; I was thrilled! We sat down and decided to put everything hanging up in bins, that's what we did with underneath the stairs, and it's amazing how much space we saved and how nice it looks... I see a lot of bins in my future. After going through a lot of stuff, it sure looks a lot nicer, she found some candles that I bought a year or two ago, and I just loved the scent, so I bought a bunch more, and then I thought maybe I gave them away because we couldn't find them… She found them, and I'm so excited! I got the results back from my coronavirus test, and it was negative; I was so excited! I wonder put the results on Facebook, but I didn't think that would be appropriate, so I just told everybody close to me. We're still waiting for my brother to get his test results back, he was closer to my mom, so I keep asking him. I order some seafood for my brother and me, lobster meat, colossal prawns, and scallops. He found these noodles in the freezer that I got from Costco and made this really awesome soup, it had a really light broth, and the seafood and noodles made it delicious! I'll have to remember that and get some more next time I go. My neighbor was telling me she got one of those ninja food fryers, and A crinkled potato cutter wanted to try it out, she wanted terrible to have some French fries, but she didn't have any potatoes, so she said she made quickly cut apples and it looked pretty good… A little whip cream, and you have a nice dessert. Rosa came in and wiped everything down really well, vacuumed, cleaned the kitchen, and then she left. My brother and I ate the delicious soup, and we started watching the series Cobra Kai… I love it! We watched a couple of episodes; we were both getting really sleepy, so we decided to call it a night; I fell asleep shortly after that.


















 Wednesday was another relaxing day. Susan came in and gave me a nice long two-hour massage; I felt terrific and relaxed, and then Karen came in, and after she turned me back and forth a couple times, my neck was hurting again… Then she set me up on the commode chair which does not help a bit. What does help is the nice hot relaxing bath I got after we did personal care. She put me back to bed, and I decided not to get up; she cleaned everything up and then went home. David came down, and we devised a strategy to get me a new TV, the one that I have is about six years old, and there's a green street down the middle of it, so everybody on the outside of the TV looks normal but if there's someone in the middle they look green… I always thought it was just me, but when my brother and I were watching the cobra cry series the other night, he mentioned it, so I decided since he's here and be Sunday's coming on Friday or Saturday, I ordered the TV from Amazon, so it's on its way. I always asked Karen to ask her husband the best TV because he's always up on the latest everything. We talked for quite a while about almost everything, but the most important was what are we going to have for dinner? We decided to have a Heather smorgasbord. Rosa came in, fed the hungry Dude, cleaned up and vacuumed, and then went home. Since my brothers are here, there's really no need for somebody else to feed me, especially since both of them are such amazing cooks! We took out everything that Heather made, heated it up, put it together, and had an amazing meal! My diet is a little limited right now, so I mostly eat what Heather made, but it's nice that my brothers can also enjoy it a little bit because she is awesome! We watched a couple more Cobra Kai episodes, and then Dave went upstairs to get some rest, and I just watch TV until I fell asleep.






























 Thursday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and fed the hungry Mongol, fit me, and then got me dressed and up in my chair. Dude and I have all day to cruise around, so I think we're going to cruise down Westcliff Drive, we haven't been down your for a while, and the weather is gorgeous. We took my go pro off my chair, and Karen thought she charged it, but it was totally dead, so how to cruise around for a while before taking any pictures? Unfortunately, when it did start working, I noticed that the camera was positioned way too high, so all I'm getting is the tops of trees… Do I go all the way back and have somebody fix it or just move on and plan on coming back another day? I chose to keep moving, and I'll just try my best to get some good pictures and videos. It was a gorgeous day, and it was kind of making me forget all the chaos, so I thought I came out here today. My mom is not really talking to anyone; she sounds miserable and defeated. She doesn't want anybody to ask how she's doing and when you talk to her she's a little snappy, which is understandable, she's in that big huge hospital all by herself, she can't breathe, she can't even walk to the bathroom and back. I would probably be the same way, maybe even worse, if I was in her shoes… Hospital slippers. My brothers and I trying a little bit every day and every once in a while, shall break down and talk to somebody for a few minutes, but that's about it. We cruised back home, and I felt a lot better. My mom is in the best place she can be and has the best 24-hour round-the-clock care by some pretty amazing people. We turned around and cruised back home and tilted back to rest for a bit before Rosa came in. She fed the hungry boy and then put me to bed, cruised around and wiped everything down and cleaned everything up, and went home. My brother found a monster vegetarian lasagna in the refrigerator and got some Texas toast to have garlic bread… He also made this really delicious salad! It's not vegetarian lasagna. There's no meat because there are ground beef and ground pork, but instead of noodles, she uses zucchini or eggplant slices. I think it's one of my favorite things that she makes. We ate dinner and then watched a couple episodes of cobra Kai and then Dave went up to get some sleep, and I finally got a chance to look at my pictures; I wasn't and had to delete most of them because they were just pictures of the sky and even though the sky was gorgeous too many is too many… I managed to save a couple of them, but I'm not very happy with them. I finally drifted off to sleep.
















 Friday turned out to be a perfect day. Karen came in and fed the hungry kid and then fed me, I still don't have much of an appetite, but sometimes at night, I'll take a little piece of my friend's homemade toffee/nut cannabis-infused chocolate… It's so delicious I would eat it just for the taste. That helps me get an appetite at night, but I don't really want to have any first thing in the morning. We did some personal care and then a nice long hot bath; I'm so excited that personal care didn't take that long, and it wasn't as painful as it usually is… I'm trying to drink more water, and it looks like it's really helping out. Dude and I took off for a cruise up and down the wharf, and it was so beautiful I had to take lots of pictures; these days, who knows if I'll ever be able to get out and cruise around, right? I took many pictures; I can't wait to get home to edit them and see what I got… Sometimes it's a really nice surprise. I took one picture of the Siegel sitting on the rail, and when I got home, a bee must've flown right by the camera when I took a picture because when I was editing it, I could see the bee was as big as the Siegel. Another time I was over at the lagoon taking pictures, and when I got home to edit it, a butterfly must've flown really close to the camera because it looked huge; that was a really nice surprise, and I'm glad to be didn't sting me. We headed home and rested for a bit before my brother took me over to get a covid-19 test; I had to get one for an upper G.I. procedure I had to have in a week. I haven't had much of an appetite, and I get pain right in the middle of my chest. I really hope that it's something that can be fixed because although I love weight loss, I really miss being able to eat. We got home, and Adriana drove me over, and on the way, we ordered tacos from Ruben…our new Friday routine; my mouth waters all the way home just from the smell in the car. We FINALLY made it home; that was the longest ride ever. We put on some music and then munch down some tacos, the best day ever! I was so excited to introduce these amazing tacos to my little brother David; when he comes down, it seems he always ends up cooking, so this will be a really nice treat that he won't have to clean up after… Needless to say, he loved them! Adriana put me to bed and then watched a couple of laundry loads, cleaned up and wiped everything down, and then went home. My brother came back down, and we watched a couple episodes of Cobra Kai; I love this series! It always seems like the best way for me to fall asleep is to have somebody come in and watch TV with me. After my brother went back upstairs, I had no trouble falling asleep.













































































Saturday was a perfect day. Cindy came in and fed the hungry boy and then fed me. She got me dressed and up in my chair. Dude and I took off for a nice long cruise while she and my brother Dave set up for another Michael Franti stay-at-home Valentine's Day concert. We cruised up and down the wharf a couple times, took lots of pictures, and talk to some pleased people. Everybody seems to be so thrilled to be back out in this beautiful weather and cruising around again; it was supposed to rain, so we talked about putting up a canopy, but when I looked up the weather this morning, it looked like it was going to be pretty nice. Omar came by, and by the time I got back from cruising around, the place looked incredible. My brother set up the fog/ bubble machine and be sent a was getting the wine barrel fire pit ready… I am so excited! Trish wasn't going to make it, and neither was Susan, so it was just us. We ordered some pizza and salads, and it was an amazing concert. Since I was one of the first 500 people to order tickets, we got the VIP package, and we would've been able to turn the camera around and be shown on the screen, but we couldn't figure out how to do it, so we just enjoyed the concert. There's always one or two points during the concert that Michael and his family encourage everybody to throw pillows; I bought many rainbows I Moji pillows. During this one particular song, everybody started throwing them at each other… It was enjoyable. I think everybody had a perfect time, I know I did. The girls cleaned most of it up, and what they didn't get, Cindy said she would clean up in the morning. Adriana put me to bed, and I edited pictures until my arm/shoulders/neck started aching, and I decided to save it for the next day.













































































  Sunday was a perfect day. Valentine's Day! Cindy came in and fed the hungry pup and then fed me; I decided to stay in bed because that's kind of what I do these days to stay safe and healthy. I keep looking up the CDC website to understand the procedures I and everybody else should be taking, but it's a little overwhelming. Somebody sent me a picture of this bug and asked me what it was, I know I have seen it before, and I want to say potato or stinkbug, but I don't know for sure. Cindy took many pictures of Dude with all of his Valentine's blankets; he looked so adorable! We straightened out my room a little bit, and then Cindy went home. I watched TV for a while until Adriana came in; she fed the crazy one and then fed me, took a couple of loads of laundry, and then went on home. I spent the rest of the evening watching TV, editing my pictures, and listening to music. I finally fell asleep.






























No comments: