Wednesday, February 24, 2021

A new month, Valentine's Day…

 Monday was a pretty good day. Karen came in, fed the hungry boy, fed me, and got me up in my chair. Dude and I took off for a little cruise over to the wharf before heading to my appointment with Jessica. It's nice to have most of the day to do what I want, but it takes a big chunk out of it when I have an appointment, doesn't get me wrong… I love getting my hair done. It's always nice to see Jessica and catch up. After my appointment, we cruised back down to the wharf again before going home. We got home. I tilted back for a little bit and watch TV until Rosa came in. She fed Dude and then put me to bed and got me something to eat. She buzzed around and cleaned up and wiped everything down, and then went home. I listen to some music, edited some past pictures. Unfortunately, I don't have any to edit from today because I usually take my camera off when I have an appointment. I watched TV for a little while and then fell asleep.






 Tuesday was a pretty good day. Cindy came in, fed the hungry mongrel, fed me, and then got me dressed and up in my chair. She drove over to my appointment with Dr. Florez to continue where we started in my cataract surgery process. We started the process before the pandemic hit. She even made me some contacts to wear for a while so I can see how well my eyesight is going to be, but since I'm not very good at contacts, she just put them in while I was there, and it was definitely a huge difference, so I'm excited. I haven't been able to wear my glasses because the mask is more important in the mask, just making them fog up. She retested my eyes again to make sure they were in the same place, so now I just need to get my eyes measured, and then they will do the surgery. After my appointment, Cindy took me shopping for groceries. We stopped by and picked up Rosa and headed home. Cindy unloaded the car and then took off. Rosa fed the hungry pop and then put me to bed. She fed me and then buzzed around and bleached my tub and wash down my commode chair. I listen to music, edited some pictures, and then watch TV until I fell asleep. It was hard to keep my eyes open tonight. I did download some really awesome pictures that my favorite Santa Cruz photographer took at steamers Lane. This guy's pictures are incredible! Dude and me













































 Wednesday was both a really long and a short day, if that's possible? Susan came in to give me a nice long two-hour massage. I always feel so good after a massage, trust, especially since my neck and shoulders have been hurting. Karen came in, and we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath. It's pretty cold outside, so I think I'm going to stay in bed and rest all day… Although it's you to stay in bed and not use my right arm, it is still nice to relax, and I started watching more movies and documentaries on Netflix and some of my audible books in my library. I keep promising myself I'm going to shut everything down at 10 PM and listen to an audible book, but 10 o'clock always flies right by, and I still on the computer or watching TV, so I forget about it. My cousin sent me a picture of both of his dogs, watching a video of another dog running in the snow. He's been telling me about this dog channel that they have on DirecTV, and this video was so funny how I'm going to have to start watching it and see Dude's reaction. Rosa came in and fed the hungry pup and then fed me. She vacuumed and cleaned up the kitchen, and then she left. I watched TV until I fell asleep.

 
Thursday was a perfect day. Karen came in and fed the hungry pup, fed me, and then got me up in my chair. Today I pretty much have all day to cruise around and enjoy this gorgeous town on this gorgeous day! Omar came by to finish up the door to the shed. It looks amazing! Better than I could ever have imagined! I talked to him for a while before Dude and I set out for a really long cruise. It didn't end up being as long as I wanted because the weather and the waves were so beautiful down around the wharf I just basically stayed there and took pictures. We cruised up and down a couple times and then started to head over to the boardwalk, but I remember it is probably closed, so we decided to just come back home. We rested for a while, and then Joy came in; I wanted to work with Dude for a while, but my neck was hurting, and it was getting cold outside, so Joy just took him for a walk. Rosa came in, and Dude wasn't back yet, so we just decided to go ahead and put me to bed, and of course, halfway between that, Joy came back with Dude. After she fed Dude, she continued to put me to bed and then got me something to eat. One thing I like about Rosa and her family is that they don't like the microwave… They heat everything up on the stove, and I like that much better! She vacuumed, cleaned out my bathtub, cleaned the kitchen, wiped everything down, and then went home. I listen to music, watch TV, and edit my pictures for a little bit before falling asleep.


































 Friday started out pretty good and then ended with one of the worst days of my life. Karen came in and fed the hungry puppy, fed me, and then we did some personal care and, of course, a nice long hot relaxing bath. She got me dressed, and my little brother Dave and I went grocery shopping. It came down to stay for a while to help out. When we got back home, we could hear my mom upstairs talking to somebody; we couldn't hear the conversation, only that she was having one. Dave took the groceries upstairs and then came down to tell me that my mom was on the phone talking to a nurse and she had tested positive for the coronavirus. It is never hit this close to home for any of us, and of course, I totally freaked out. How could this happen?? My mom never goes anywhere; she barely even comes downstairs. We were not trying to blame anybody but just try to figure out where she could have got it from. The only thing we could figure out, or she must have got it from Dominican Hospital. She ended up there in emergency and stayed for a while before my older brother came down to help, and when they did send her home, visiting nurses and physical therapists came to the house. Of course, we texted close family and my caregivers… I was so afraid that none of my caregivers would want to come in, but they all did. That's why I call them the dream team. Adriana came in and set both my brother and me up for coronavirus tests the next day; the only place we could get scheduled for a test is at CVS in Watsonville… Watsonville has the worst outbreak right now but is just the drive-in, so we felt fairly safe. Adriana fed the knucklehead and then got me something to eat, although I wasn't starving. It was tough to concentrate on anything that night because I was just blown away; if my mom, who never goes anywhere, can get it… I took it for granted by no means, but now I'm going to be so extremely careful. My brother decided right there and then that he would take care of my mom upstairs, and I will have to rely on my caregivers to pretty much do everything because once he gets up there again around my mom, he will be able to come down and help me at all. I looked up the procedures for living in the same house with somebody with coronavirus, and I pretty much ask anybody I can think of just to find out the right protocol. I just want to ensure that all the procedures are followed perfectly because I definitely don't want to get this virus. I eventually did fall asleep but kept waking up with a start all night.











 Saturday was a crazy day. Cindy came in and fed the poor, hungry dog, fed me, and then got me dressed and up in my chair. Dude and I took off for a cruise down to the end of the wharf and back. It was freezing but beautiful. I got a chance to cruise down there and back. David and I took off to Watsonville for our covid test at CVS; Adriana made the appointment for us last night, which was the closest place available. We got there a little early, but there were only two cars ahead of us; they gave us the kits, and that David did his first and then mine. Now we just have to wait… We came back home, and I came to my room, and David went upstairs. We've already been hanging around with each other, and he's been feeding me some pretty sure if he has that, I have it. I watched TV for a little while until Adriano came in and fed the hungry dog; she put me to bed and then maybe a salad… Their family makes the best salads ever!! I think I'm going to start to eat more salads; I like them, but when you eat the store-bought ones every once in a while you get a taste of nasty something, and then I don't want a salad for a long time, but now I found some solid experts and I'm so excited! I listen to music and edited pictures until I fell asleep.




























 Sunday was an okay day. Cindy came in and fed the hungry baby boy and then fed me. She went into the kitchen to purge and clean; she did find a lot of stuff that has expired, leaving a lot of room. I love food, and I especially love snacks, so I always feel like I want to have something around if I want them, but then I forget about them, and they just go bad; I need to stop buying snacks and just go for what I have first. I watch TV and try to not move my arm and keep it warm until Karen came in at noon; we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath, and back to bed early so I have the whole evening to watch movies. I downloaded many older movies to watch with Dave, and now we can't spend any time together. I can't wait until this fall nightmare is over, and we can go back to actually visiting when he visits. I eventually fell asleep.



No comments: