Sunday, February 21, 2021

Mom is home from the hospital and it's going to be a great week since

 Monday was a perfect day. Karen came in and fed the hungry kid, fed me, and then got me dressed up in my chair. Since we have all day today, I decided to cruise down Westcliff Drive, Robby and I used to cruise down there almost every day, but for some reason, Dude and I haven't cruised down there all. Now that I'm cruising down there again today, I wonder why I quit. Because I cruise down there one day and there was a big sinkhole, it made me nervous. It's such a beautiful day, and luckily my camera is working so I can take lots of pictures. Everybody so happy to be out and about, and it looks like there's a surfing contest going on. You just can't come out here and be in a bad mood because it's just so beautiful. We cruised about halfway, and then it was time to turn around and come back. We cruised down to the end of the wharf and then came home. We kicked back, and I watched TV for a while until Rosa came in. She fed Dude and then put me to bed and fed me. I edited as many pictures as I could until my right arm went down, and then I rested for a while and watch some more TV. Some older pictures that I took and some pictures that I took off the Internet brought mixing, but they brought back terrific memories. I took Robby's pictures across the street from a lighthouse and some pictures my favorite photographer took. Am I ever going to be without all this pain again? I eventually fell asleep.




















































































































































 Tuesday was a pretty good day. Cindy came in, fed the hungry pooch, fed me, and then got me dressing up in my chair. She drove me to my appointment with my aesthetician, Jennifer. It always feels so good after I get my face cleaned and waxed. It doesn't feel so good during, but I just think about how nice the end result will be. After my appointment with Jennifer, we went by Safeway to get some groceries and then picked up Rosa and returned home. Cindy left, and Rosa put me to bed after she fed Dude. She got me something to eat and then buzzed around and wiped everything down. I didn't have my camera, so I took some pictures off the Internet. My second cousin sent me some pictures of them and my mom and aunts and uncles when they were small. I watch TV for a while until they fell asleep and getting used to not using my arm as much, and I'm finally starting to feel a little bit better. I can't wait until my physical therapy appointment starts. My brother came down, and we watched a movie, and then I fell asleep.











































 Wednesday was a nice relaxing day. Susan came in to give me a nice long two-hour massage. I don't know what I would do right now without her massages. Karen came in, and we did some personal care and a nice long hot relaxing bath. I decided to stay in bed and rest my neck while Karen started decorating for Valentine's Day. Dude was first, of course. I put a little tree outback for Christmas and decided to leave it around and decorate it for the different holidays. So far, I love it! I pretty much just watched TV all day long and relaxed. It was actually really nice. Stanley took Dude for a walk, so everybody was happy. Rosa came in, and Stanley fixed dinner for both of us. She buzzed around and cleaned and wiped everything down and then went home. I spent the rest of the evening just relaxing and watching TV, I've never been able to relax before, but now I'm getting to be pretty good at it… Another good thing that came out of the pandemic. Pretty soon, I drifted off to sleep.






 Thursday was another relaxing day. Gustavo will come by and get my chair and my van to clean and detailed them, so I'm just going to stay in bed. He does such a good job I need to go outside and drive around my chair and get it dirty. Karen came in and fed the starving pup and then fed me. She did a little bit more decorating, cleaned out the refrigerator, and then went home. Stanley took Dude out for a cruise around Santa Cruz. Omar came in and did some more work on the shed, becoming work on it for a while because the lumber play shut down, but it looks like it's going to be awesome! I just relaxed and watched TV for a while and then listen to music. Gustavo brought back my chair and my van and sent me some pictures. They both looked brand-new… Unbelievable job! Adriana came in and fed the hungry boy and then fed me, sometimes I even my brother and other times eight what Heather made for me… Sometimes we both have a special treat and share what Heather brought. That girl is amazing! Adriana did a couple loads of laundry and wiped everything down, and then went home. I've been starting to get the ladies to take a picture of my dinner to keep a food journal, but I always forget to write it down. I watch TV for a while until I fell asleep.








 Friday, I already knew, was going to be a great day. Most Fridays usually end with tacos! And I knew I was going to be out cruising around today. Karen came in to feed the hungry Mongol, fed me, and then we did some personal care and, of course, a long hot relaxing bath. She got me dressed and up in my chair, and Dude and I took off for a cruise up and down the wharf a few times. It was such a beautiful day I didn't want to leave, and I certainly didn't want to stop taking pictures… It seems like I take pictures of the same place almost every day a and it still amazes me how beautiful it is. My brother Stanley had to go home to get his second coronavirus vaccine, he wanted to stay longer to help out, but you must get the second one-two weeks after getting the first one. David's going to come and stay for a couple of weeks to help out. I have the best brothers in the world! There's going to be a couple days gap, so the girls agreed to come in and help out with my mom until David gets here. We cruised back just in time for my video visit with my gastroenterologist Dr. Bernstein. He decided I need to come in for upper endoscopy ASAP since I was losing my appetite. I tilted back and watch TV for a while until Adriana came in, she took me to grocery shopping, and then we stopped and got tacos on the way back, oh how I love love love these tacos! We brought them home and scarf them down, and she put me to bed after she fed the hungry pooch. Adriana wiped everything down, did a couple loads of laundry, and then went home. I watched TV and edited some pictures before I fell asleep.







































 Saturday was another relaxing day. Cindy came in and fed the hungry mongrel and then fed me. I decided to stay in bed, and Cindy did a lot of cleaning and organizing in the kitchen and garage. I always feel so good when my place is not cluttered and organized, and she does such a great job! She did a little bit more decorating and then went home. Omar came in to work on the shed a little more, and he got a chain, so we don't lose the key on the fire pit. I just love that fire pit! When I went to the store yesterday, I got some collard greens, country spareribs, brown broth, and some garlic to make greens… Every once in a while, I like to break out the crockpot and just cook up a bunch and eat it for days. Adriana came in and fed the hungry boy and then fed me. I had a craving for nachos, so she may be some, and they sure were good. She wiped everything down and then went home, and I just watch TV until I fell asleep.















 Sunday was another relaxing day. Cindy came in and fed the hungry boy and then fed me. We decided to take everything out from underneath the stairs and organize it and put it in bins. I love getting everything organized. I hope it stays this way. She found a bunch of little pillows that I had made, and I didn't like him very much, but I didn't want to throw them away because they had Robby and Dude on them, so we just stash them underneath the stairs, for now, she put them on the couch. I found a picture of my niece online. She's so beautiful! My cousin Debbie sent me some pictures from the past that she found… That was a nice surprise. Since I didn't get up, I found some pictures online from my favorite Santa Cruz photographer. Karen came in at noon, and we did some personal care and my favorite nice long hot bath. It's nice to go back to bed and have a lot of the evening ahead of you. Just take some medical marijuana and relax until you fall asleep.








































No comments: