Thursday, October 1, 2020

The weather is great and the skies are clear again…

 Monday was a long and miserable day. I decided yesterday to start my three day cleanse, there are six bottles that you drink each day. When I started yesterday I was laying down all day so it didn't really affect me that much except that I noticed that my blood sugar had gone up. Karen came in and fed Dude and then she fed me.  I had the first bottle of the day of the Cleanse and my stomach was already feeling bloated and then we took my blood sugar it was 200 so I decided right there to stop taking it and I gave the rest to Karen to take home. We did personal care last night but I think the Cleanse is starting to kick in because we spent most of the morning doing some more personal care, at least I got another nice long hot bath… I always feel better after that. it was pretty late when we got everything done and my uncle, my aunt, and my mom went to play cards at 6 PM tonight so I think I'll just stay in bed… My body is pretty worn out anyway. Rosa came in and fed the hungry boy, fed me, and then cleaned up a little bit before the group came over to play cribbage, tonight my aunt was my partner and we killed them... I have been on the winning team for the last three weeks and I've played three people so the common denominator is… Me! It feels good to be on a winning streak, I shouldn't say anything because I might jinx it. After everyone went home I was pretty exhausted and fell right to sleep, I've been sleeping really well lately and it feels great.

 Tuesday was a really good day. Cindy came in and fed Dude and then fed me, she got me dressed and up in my chair.  My friend Lisa texted me and asked me to send her pictures of my van, she wants to get one just like it. We decided to go to the farmers market in Felton but it didn't start until 1 PM so we decided to go to Costco first and we made it over there right at 1 PM. It wasn't a very big one and we found the place that I ordered the juice from, I talked to the lady for a while and she was super nice and really helpful. I told her about the three-day cleanse and my blood sugar and they said they have a low glucose option so as soon as my body gets back to normal again I'm going to try it. I did get some more of their yogurt because it is really good and it was really nice talking to her. I told her that Foster recommended the juice to me and she said "oh yes I know Foster, I love him!" Everybody loves Foster, he's so sweet and caring. After we left the farmers market we headed over to Safeway to pick up a prescription for me and some groceries for my mom. Since I was there I decided to get a bouquet of flowers for my room, I never could before because my mom comes down to take out Dude and they bothered her. Omar and his friend came by to put together the sides of the cabinet that is putting along the back by the barbecue, he's going to make it look like the front of the barbecue… It's going to look really awesome! We swung by on the way and picked up Rosa and headed on home. Rosa put me to bed and then got me something to eat and I could hear her buzzing around a little bit but I was really sleepy, Cindy came back to pick her up and had me print out a couple of papers for her and I fell right back to sleep.


 Wednesday was a pretty good day. Susan came in and gave me a nice long soothing massage, it's always so relaxing! Karen came in and we did some personal care and a nice long hot relaxing bath. It looks like we're going to be done early today. Usually on Wednesdays, since we get started so late were not usually done until about two or 3 PM but today everything went smoothly and I wish I would have gotten up but Gustavo was going to come by in detail my chair, I don't think it's been really cleaned since I got it in February 2018… It was really dirty and embarrassing. I've had the girls wipe it down but it's just not the same, there's a lot of nicks and grooves and it was just filthy and dusty. It took him about six hours and he did an EXCELLENT job! I had Adriana bring it in and take pictures and it just looks a brand-new chair. Now I'm almost afraid to drive it around tomorrow because I don't want it to get dirty, I guess I won't be going over to the lagoon for a while but I'm so excited that I found somebody to detail my chair, he did my van last week and also did an excellent job and next week he's going to do my moms car. He usually only does the inside of vehicles but he's the son-in-law of Adela and she told him that he needed to do the outside also. I watch TV for a while and shut everything down at 10 PM, I'm trying to do that every night now to see if I can get some sleep. It works and I fell asleep.










Thursday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and fed the hungry little guy, fed me, and got me dressing up in my chair. I'm so excited to drive around in my nice clean detailed chair, it looks brand-new. Dude and I took off for a cruise through Depot Park, down to the end of the wharf and back, down to the end of the boardwalk and back a couple times, down to the end of the wharf again and then back home… I love Thursdays because I have practically all day to cruise around and do whatever I want. I get a little frustrated because when I leave my house my camera is straight, I always check it and have my caregiver fix it before I leave. By the time I get down to the wharf it's bounced around so much it sideways so I don't get as much of a panoramic picture as I would like, one of these days it's going to be fixed and stay on there but it seems like every time I get it to not move around I have to take it off for something or other. We came back and watched TV for a while and went outside periodically to practice some commands, Dude is remembering them pretty well but he loses his focus easier than he used to. Adriana came in and fed the hungry boy and then put me to bed and fed me. She took off and I watch Dr. Phil for a while, listen to some music, and then once again turned everything off at 10 PM and went right to sleep.






























Friday was another good day. Karen came in and fed Dude and then fit me. We did some personal care and a nice long hot relaxing bath, I am making myself stay away from carbs, sugar and drink half of my body weight in water every day is really starting to pay off. Personal care goes faster, my skin looks better and I just feel better soon going to try to keep doing it. My next goal is to get back on my exercise cycle and start riding it again, I felt so great when I was writing it before but then I got a pressure sore and had to stop but now my pressure sore is gone so I'm ready to get back in the saddle again. Dude and I cruised over to the wharf and back but it was too warm so we decided to just come back here and turn the air conditioner way up and watch TV until Adriana came in. Adriana came in and we cruised over to beach flats to get some tacos from Rubens tacos, we got all the way back and noticed they gave us our tacos but there was no juice from the Birra… I was so bummed. I was looking forward to these tacos all week. Adriana fed Dude and then she and I went to town on some tacos and this time I got a quesadilla, also got a quesadilla for my mom and a couple of tacos for Karen and her husband. Adriana put me to bed and after she left I just watch TV, edited pictures, and listen to some music until I drifted off to sleep.

Saturday was another really nice day. Cindy came in and fed the hungry boy, fed me, and got me dressed and up in my chair. We talk to Omar for a while, He was on his way to storage to get the Halloween decorations so we can start decorating… So exciting! We decided to go for a cruise, we cruised around for a while and then stopped at Costco to see what they have there. We were just looking for stuff that usually out of stock but we didn't find it very much. We cruised back home and then Dude and I took off work crews down to the end of the wharf and back a couple of times and then back home to wait for Adriana to come in. She took me grocery shopping and we picked up a couple things for my mom. We cruised back and she fed Dude and then put me to bed and fed me, Omar went fishing and he caught some salmon but he doesn't eat fish so we brought it over for me and Heather cooked it up for me. it was so delicious! She finished up the laundry and then went home. I started to catch up on my blog but decided to edit pictures first and I fell asleep while I was doing it. I've been sleeping really well and almost all the way through the night and I love it!

















Sunday was a really exciting day. Cindy came in and fed Dude and then fed me. I decided to stay in bed so the girls can get together and start decorating for Halloween. Adriana bought a bunch of pastries that she got from Emily's bakery so we had pastries and coffee and then at 8 AM Karen came in and they all decorated, it was so exciting to watch!  Heather came by and it was really nice to talk to her for a while, usually, she just drops off food and goes on her way… She is so busy these days. They put up decorations until around 1 PM And everybody went home except Karen and we did some personal care and a nice long hot relaxing bath. She put me back to bed and then went home for the evening, I went through and loaded all the pictures into my photos so I can edit them but I think I fell asleep before I finished.














































1 comment:

betty said...

Wow with all the decorations! Looking good!! Nice that you are putting them up! Lots of arguments about whether trick or treating should be canceled this year, but I think it can be done safely with social distancing and masks so we are planning on giving out candy although I don't decorate though some do in the area.

betty