Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Both of my brothers AND my niece are coming to stay for a week, I'm so excited!

 Monday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and fed the hungry guy, fed me, and then got me dressed in up in my chair. It was only 8:30 AM so I have pretty much all day long to cruise around and I'm going to take advantage of it, Rosa is still commuting over the hill so Adriana is going to come in a little bit late after she gets off work to put me back to bed. Dude and I took off for a nice long cruise through depot park And down and around the wharf, I was going to go down Westcliff but is starting to get pretty warm so I don't want to be too far away from where I can get overheated in the pavement is too hot for Dude's feet… I think it's time to break out his tennis shoes and get him used to them again. We ended up coming home early because it was too hot, I just watched TV for a while until Adriana came in. it was nice to tell back and watch TV in the air-conditioned room. Adriana came in and fed Dude, put me to bed, and then fed me. I just never really been into going online, checking my email working on my blog, editing pictures, and writing in my food diary… I gotta start doing all that again. I feel like maybe I need some goals and some routine in my life to make me feel better. I have Alexa remind me of stuff to do but I just don't really listen to that anymore either, I just blankly watch TV and play games. I shut everything off at 10 PM and closing my eyes and so far it's working, it's so nice to be rested!



























Tuesday was a really good day. Cindy came in and fed our hungry boy, fed me, and then got me dressed and up in my chair. We had some errands to run so I glad we got an early start. We decided to go to Ross and see if they had any Halloween decorations yet, we only found a few things… I like to go on Tuesday because now that I'm in my twilight years I get a 10% discount. We cruised over to the Felton farmers market to get some more of that amazing yogurt from La Vie, I am so addicted to the stuff it's really delicious! I was going to order online and pick it up but I missed the deadline so we drove all the way over there with our empty rinsed out bottles and they weren't there, we went to the information booth and they said that they are only there every other week. I turned around and there were the rotisserie chicken and potato truck so guess what I'm having for dinner? We went to Safeway because I got a text that I had a couple of prescriptions and there was nothing. We cruised on home and I rested for a bit while Cindy went to go pick up her mom and bring her back, it sounds like Bruce is going to be able to come back and go to work at Scotts Valley next week. Rosa came in and fed Dude, put me to bed, and then fed me. She rushed around for a little bit while I played cribbage and watch TV. I must've fallen asleep because I heard Rosa leaving and then of course I couldn't go back to sleep so I listen to some meditation until I got sleepy again.

 Wednesday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and fed Dude, Susan didn't come because the lady who does my hair was supposed to do it on Thursday but rescheduled for today. We did some personal care and a nice long hot bath and I was up in my chair just in time to leave. On the way out I ran into Omar, he was putting up the sides of my cabinet next to the barbecue and it looks awesome! It's always really nice to see Jessica, she's always sweet and really funny. She colored my roots and cut my hair and we were on our way, now it's up to 85° and I hope we make it home before we both get overheated. When we got to downtown Adriana texted me and said she was going to grab the car and come after me because it's so hot so I had her meet me at the farmers market downtown, I looked around and finally saw La Vie and I was so excited! I ran out of their yogurt and I think I was having withdrawals. One of the young girls behind the table said "oh I remember you, how's it going?" Everybody there is just so sweet and super helpful. We cruised on home and she fed Dude, put me to bed, and then fed me. Adriana went home and I watch Dr. Phil for a while until I fell asleep.















































Thursday was a long miserable day. Karen came in and finished up some decorations after she fed Dude, we're still working on it but I like to get pictures of what it looks like every day. She put me on my side for a little bit and took pictures of the Halloween decorations in the living room, the living room is done and now it's time for the outside. We ended up doing some more personal care but at least I got to take a nice long hot bath. She put me back to bed and it started all over again so needless to say this was supposed to be Karen short day but she ended up staying until about 4 PM, Adriana was just getting in to start work as Karen was leaving. I decided to order some Thai food and it was delicious! I got there eggplant delight, fried calamari, potstickers, and chow mein. It was just as good as it always is! We straightened up one of the messy corners in my room and then Adriano left the room to do something and I fell asleep so she woke me up to say goodbye unlikely I fell back to sleep for a while, I woke up at 10 PM and I'm trying to go back to sleep.


























 My phone rang and I waited for it to forward to my cell phone and I answered it and somebody hung up, when I called the number back it was my recording… What was that??

 Friday was a really long day. Susan came in, I had something going on so I didn't get a massage on Wednesday, she gave me a really nice long two-hour massage. Karen came in and we did some personal care and then of course a really long hot bath. She got me dressed and up in my chair and I took Dude for a nice cruise down to the end of the wharf and back, it was getting really hot so I was glad that Adriana came in to run some errands and get some tacos from Ruben, last time he forgot the Ah Jus for the Birra tacos so this time we're going to make sure we get some. I have a whole list of errands I was hoping to run today but Adriana got caught up and didn't come in until almost 4 o'clock, she was going to come in at 2 PM so we just waited around the backyard. We went to Beverly's fabric to get some padding and material for some boxes outside I want to turn into places to sit, were going to put hinges and latches because they also have a big storage underwear the cushion goes. We didn't see anything we liked so we stopped by the ATM and then headed on over to beach flats over by the boardwalk to get some tacos from Ruben's place, we couldn't wait to get home so we could dig into them. I got two Birra tacos and a quesadilla, I could never get tired of these. We came home and ate and then she put me to bed after she fed Dude, wash my face and brush my teeth, and then she was off for the evening. I added some pictures and then wrote in my blog before I fell asleep.














 Saturday was a really great day. Cindy came in and fed Dude, fed me, and then got me dressed up in my chair. I took Dude out for a cruise down to the end of the wharf and back, it's so nice to be able to get out, and is such a beautiful day. I just wish that we could figure out how to get my camera to start tilting whenever I drive down the street, I can't wait until my brother gets here next week so he can fix it. I have this mommy face that I hang by my front door every year and I think it's dying, Omar is going to try to clean it out a little bit and will try another battery but everybody has such a love/hate relationship with it I hate to get rid of it… It has one of those tunes that you can't stop repeating all day. I searched the Internet to find another one and so far I can't find it but I will keep on looking. I came back because Deborah from La Vie came by to drop off my biweekly order, she was a little bit late so I decided to just give her the code for the door, and in the future, she can just bring it in and put it in the fridge so I don't have to wait around. Adriana came in and she took Dude and me over to Costco, I have a voucher from last year for about $50 and I want to see if I can get some Halloween decorations, not that I need anymore but I think I saw some pretty cool stuff over there. I couldn't believe it, there weren't any Halloween decorations but there were probably four or five rows of Christmas decorations… What happened to Halloween and Thanksgiving?? I ended up getting a bunch of supplies and a couple of outfits for Omar's baby shower, I just wanted to spend it before it expired and I think it expires in December. We came back home and she fed Dude, put me to bed, and then fed me. I ended some photos I listen to music until I fell asleep.




















 Sunday was a long relaxing day. Cindy came in and fed Dude and then fed me, I decided to stay in bed since Karen was going to be here at 2 PM. My friend Lisa's dad wanted to come by and check out my van and my home, Lisa has MS and they recently came into some money so her dad is going to set her up to make her life a lot easier… Right now her caregivers have to transfer her from her chair to the car so the van will be so nice. The caregivers also have to transfer her from the chair to the bed so he took down the information for my ceiling lift also, I am so excited for Lisa because this is going to make her life so much easier. Karen came in at two and Fed Dude and then we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath, I'm always glad when it's over and can't wait to get back to bed to rest because it's so exhausting. I started to watch 90 days fiancé but I fell asleep.

1 comment:

betty said...

Glad you are having company coming Tammie! Something to look forward to! You do so much decorating for Halloween! Always looks amazing!

betty