Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Such a great visit with my brothers and my niece…

 Monday was a really nice day. Karen came in and fed Dude, fed me, and then got me dressed and up in my chair. Karen was scanning some pictures for me when I left. Dude and I went out for a nice long cruise up and down the wharf, up and down the boardwalk, up and down the wharf again, and then home where we hung out and watched TV until joy came in to take Dude for his Monday cruise. Rosa came in and put me to bed and then fed Dude when Joy brought him back. She fed me and then cleaned up the front bedroom to get ready for my brothers and my niece to come and visit. I watched TV for a while and then fell asleep; I was so tired. I fell asleep while watching a 90-day fiancé.













































 Tuesday was a really great day. Cindy came in and fed Dude, fed me, and then got me dressed in up in my chair. We decided today we would tackle the back porch; it got filthy and cluttered because of all the Halloween decorations and projects we have been working on, but since my family's coming, I want them to have a nice place to sit down and relax. While it was still cool outside, it's going to be hot today, I wanted to take Dude for a cruise over to the wharf, down to the boardwalk, and then home. Cindy had already taken everything off of the porch and swept and tested, and it already looked a hundred percent better! We decorated a little bit more out there, and it looked amazing! While we were cleaning the garage, I found a big huge get well card that everybody at work signed back in 95 when I got my spinal cord injury; I had Cindy bringing in the house to read it later; it was still in pretty good shape. Dude and I came in the house to relax and watch TV for a while until Rosa came in. She fed Dude, put me to bed, and then fed me. She brought me some decaffeinated coffee, and I noticed the mug but didn't remember getting it. It was a friendship mug that I got for my cousin Debbie and me. I guess that's what happens when you get old? Sometimes I don't remember a lot of the stuff that I buy after I go to bed. Rosa changed the sheets and clean the bathroom in the front bedroom to be ready for the company. I watched TV until I fell asleep.






































 Wednesday was a really long and frustrating day. Last night I had to counsel Susan because I'm having bladder problems again, we have already changed my SP tube three times, and I can tell we would have to change it tomorrow morning… I usually don't have to change it but every three weeks so there something wrong. It usually starts at about 10 PM and of course by that time everybody's in bed and asleep, so I usually have to wait until somebody comes in in the morning. I also texted Karen and has sure she could come in at 6 AM. When Susan comes, she doesn't usually come in until 8 AM. She came in, and we changed my tube, and of course, it was a mess. She fed Dude, and then we began the personal care, I was exhausted from staying up with chills all night, so I slept through most of it… I woke up in a nice warm bath, so that means everything must be over with. I decided to stay in bed, and I slept pretty much the whole day. Rosa came in and fed Dude, I still wasn't starving, and I was still very sleepy, so I don't even remember what you did, but I was out. Rosa sent me pictures of the spare bedroom that she claimed, and it looked amazing! She and her whole family are just so special! I don't know what I would do without them, and I hope I will never have to find out, they are more like family!





 Thursday was a really great day. Karen came in and fed the hungry pup, fed me, and then got me dressed and up in my chair. Dude and I went for a cruise down to the end of the boardwalk and back and to the end of the wharf and back. It was hot, so we came inside to cool down and watch TV for a bit until my brother and my niece got here. After they got here, my niece had a migraine, so she went up to take a nap. Ever since I can remember, she's had migraines, and anything and anywhere can set them off, and she just is miserable. My brother and I went across the street where my mom helped my aunt in the garden in the front, so she took us on tour. I guess she's got like three gardens on this block that she takes care of, and they all look amazing! Not to mention the fruit and vegetables that taste awesome! Adriana came over and fed the hungry boy and then put me to bed and fed me. I guess I misunderstood, and I thought everybody would have a sandwich, so while I had a sandwich, my brother came in to see what we were going to do for dinner. It was clear we were all exhausted, so we went to bed early, and tomorrow will be a beautiful day.






































 Friday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and fed Dude only started the personal-care. I'm so glad that it went by fast to have more time to spend with my brother and my niece. After my bath, she got me dressed and up in my chair and all before 10 AM, that's amazing! I told my brother that I wanted to get a projector so good I could watch movies and concerts outside, he recommended one, so I made sure that I had it here before you got here. He mounted it in the garage and put a sheet where the garage door is in the picture looked awesome! I took Dude out for a cruise and then returned and spent some time with my family until Rosa came in to put me to bed. We decided to get something to eat from Lilia's, and I thought it was amazing! I usually get the pomegranate with chard and basmati rice, but I decided to try the lime filet kebab, and it was also amazing! Everybody else ate upstairs, and I forgot to ask them if they liked it or not… This is one of my very favorite places to go. I watched TV for a while and then fell asleep.



























 Saturday was another great day. Dave and Deziree took off really early to go get Stanley at the San Francisco airport, is flying in from Oregon for a few days. Cindy came in to feed Dude, feed me and get me dressed in up in my chair. My brothers made breakfast, and of course, it was delicious! We hung out and visited for a while until Adriana came in. She took me over to Beverly's fabric to get some foam to make my bed longer. We stopped at Safeway to get a few things, and they were back on her way home. Adriana put me to bed after she fed Dude, and then she was off. My brothers made a taco salad, so my aunt and uncle came over, and it was really nice. I miss a lot of family getting together like this! My mom, my two brothers, and I played a couple games of cribbage until we couldn't keep our eyes open anymore. After everybody left, I fell right to sleep.

Sunday was a bittersweet day. When Cindy came in on Saturday, she wasn't feeling well and ultimately decided to call in sick, I know she was really sick, and I know she wouldn't call out sick unless you really really didn't feel good, but of all days?? We invited my aunt and uncle, my cousin Rich and his two daughters over for dinner. David got a rump/shoulder roast and marinated it and rubbed it and soaked it and then smoked it, and it was amazing! We had a couple of different kinds of salad and some cauliflower and pulled pork sandwiches, man were they delicious! Adriana was going to come in, and we were going to do some personal care and a bath, but she got stuck in San Francisco when she went to go pick up Nico from the airport, so I decided to just wait and have Karen do it on Monday morning. Rich and the girls brought over their dogs, and Dude got to play in the yard for a while, they all get along so well, and they all end up sleeping so good that night. Melia came in with a note that was left on my door, and it basically said, please turn off the witch/cat animated declaration because it's scaring me and my. It was really annoying, and I had my mom unplug it a couple of hours before I got the note. My aunt and uncle came back over. We played a couple games of cribbage, but again everybody was exhausted, so we called it a night, and everybody went to bed. I watched TV for a while and then fell asleep.








1 comment:

betty said...

Looked like you had a good visit with your brother/niece Tammie! All great pictures!

betty