Wednesday, October 21, 2020

My brothers and niece are coming to visit this week…

 Monday was a nice day. Karen came in and fed Dude and then fed me, got me dressed and up in my chair. I wish I could make myself stop procrastinating in the morning and just get up earlier, so I have more of the day to be outside cruising around with Dude; by the time I got up, we had time to cruise down to the end of the wharf and back before Ronald from Hill ROM was coming by to check on my mattress. I just got it in May, and it already feels soft in some places, so I want to have them come out and fix it before the warranty is up. Just as Ronald was getting ready to leave, the guy from advanced blinds and shades came here to pick up my living room shades; I'm going to have them put a motor on them to have Alexa open and close them like the ones in my room. Somebody and I don't know who is just being really rough with them, and it's better if they open and close automatically, so nobody has to touch them. I watched TV for a while and worked with Dude in the driveway until Rosa came in. They finally moved her residence back to Scotts Valley to stay at home now instead of in a hotel over the hill, I would think that would be a really nice vacation, but she missed her family so much. While we were waiting for Rosa, my mom came downstairs and said she would go next door and check out the gardens, so I went along with her and took pictures; it sure looks beautiful! She fed Dude, put me to bed, and then fed me. She buzzed around for a little bit and made sure everything was clean before she went home. We were supposed to play cribbage, but my cousin got bit by a spider and had to bring his dogs over here so we could go to an emergency because it was getting really swollen. I was pretty tired, and I actually fell asleep right away.



























































 Tuesday was a pretty good day. Cindy came in and fed Dude, fed me, and then got me dressed in up in my chair. Dude and I went for a cruise and to take some pictures up and down the wharf while Cindy helped Omar with some stuff outside. Cindy took Dude and me over to Capitola to get my face waxed and toned for Jennifer's appointment. After my appointment, we went to the farmers market in Felton, last week when we were here, we saw a Pupossa truck, and we have been talking all week about going to get dinner there; we even took a bunch of orders from Adriana, Cindy, and my mom but we got over there, and they weren't there… We were crushed. We came back home and decided that we really shouldn't be eating them anyway, we will try again next week. Before Cindy left, she put together a care package for Adela; she's going in on Thursday to have her foot operated on… She's going to be out for three months. Adela has been helping me out cleaning my house for probably 6 to 8 years, and she's become one of the family. We picked up Rosa on the way back so she can feed Dude and put me to bed. After Rosa fed me, my uncle and my aunt came over to play cribbage; it was really nice because everybody was in such a good mood. My mom was my partner, and we lost three dollars, but it was fun. I started feeling itchy from all the stuff that I've been eating that I shouldn't, so it is tough to fall asleep, but I finally just turned off the computer and let the TV put me to sleep. I've been battling a UTI, and I thought it was over, but I started feeling those familiar chills, cold sweats, and headache, and I knew it wasn't over. Unfortunately, it started after 10 PM, so I had to text Susan and tell her I need to reschedule our massage for tomorrow morning. I texted Karen, but she never answered me, so I can already tell it will be a long night; I texted my mom to come down and get me some D mannose and a lorazepam. Several years ago, a friend of mine sent me a bouquet of flowers, and it had these really gorgeous lilies in them; I just adore Lily's! I had them until the flowers fell off, and then I had the stems, so I stuck them in a planner in the next year they grew; they've grown every year since, and they are still so beautiful and vibrant.












 Wednesday was a really long day. Karen came in at 6 AM, and I think I had just fallen asleep, and I was exhausted; she changed my tube, and then we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath… I slept through most of it, but the bath felt so great! She put me back to bed, and I fell asleep again, and when I woke up, she was getting me dressed, I meant to stay in bed, but I forgot to tell her before I passed out again. I got an email that said my projector came in at Best Buy, so I really wanted to get up to go get it. I took Dude over to the wharf and back, and when Adriana came in, she took us over to Best Buy to pick it up; since I was there, I got some speakers for it; I'm so excited! We decided to go to Berger. And grabbed some sliders and tater tots to bring home. I really shouldn't have done it, but it was so delicious! I ate two of the sliders and maybe a handful of tater tots, and I was full. Adriana put me to bed, and I spent the rest of the evening listening to music and editing pictures; I'm so far behind. I watched TV for a while and then fell asleep.










































  Thursday was a nice relaxing day. Karen came in, and fed Dude fed me and got me dressed and up in my chair. Gustavo came by to get my mom's car washed and detailed, he did my van and my chair, and it looked amazing! He sent some before and after pictures, and it does look perfect! Dude and I went for a nice long cruise down to the end of the wharf and back to the end of the boardwalk and back and then home. I watched TV for a while and hung out in the driveway with Dude until Adriana came in. She fed him and then put me to bed and opened a bunch of packages; one had a bunch of coins in them, so she spread them out amongst the Halloween decorations in the living room… I just love my house during Halloween! I played candy crush for a while and listen to music until I got really sleepy, and then I watched TV until I fell asleep.









 Friday was a perfect day. Karen came in and took Dude out to go potty and then fed him. We did some personal care and a nice long hot bath; I slept through most of it, and it went by really fast. Before I knew it, she was getting me dressed and up in my chair. Since it was still early and not too hot yet, I decide to take Dude and cruise down Westcliff Drive, I haven't been down there for so long that was always my favorite place to take pictures. I don't even know if I have been passed the lighthouse with Dude or not; I don't think so. It was so beautiful, and everyone was just happy to be out and in a good mood; luckily, everybody was wearing masks. We cruised down to almost 2nd dog beach and then back… It felt great! Just cruising around here looking at the beautiful sites in Santa Cruz makes me so happy and puts me in a perfect mood. We came back and cruised over and checked out the two gardens, and they looked amazing! We came home, and I tilted back for a bit and cool down a little bit before Adriana came in, today is Friday, and you know what that means?? Ruben's tacos for dinner, I am so excited… I just love his tacos! We got there, and there was a bunch of police cruisers surrounding the park, and they had one or two kids handcuffed on the ground; Adriana said his name was Angel, and he was a well-known troublemaker on beach flats. I texted Cindy to tell her that we were coming to get tacos, and almost immediately, she came running up to the window and startled me a little bit; I forgot that they live really close. She said she was getting ready to get tacos for everybody in the family, so I told her I would see her in the morning. We cruised back home, fed Dude, and ate tacos until we couldn't stand it anymore, and then Adriana put me to bed, and I think I was out before she went home.




















































































 Saturday was a really nice day. Cindy came in and fed the hungry Dude, fed me, and then got me dressed and up in my chair. Omar and Adriana came by, and they did some more decorating outside while I cruised around with Dude. We cruised through Depot Park and down to the end of the wharf and back a couple of times, Down to the end of the boardwalk and back and then home. Adriana was the only one left here, so we decided to jump in the van and go shopping; I wanted to see if they had anything new at Ross, and we also cruised around cost plus world market. I love coming home and seeing all the new creative decorations; everybody is so creative! We came inside, and Adriana fed Dude, put me to bed, and then fed me. I started editing pictures, but I just couldn't keep my eyes open, so I fell asleep.























































































 Sunday was a nice relaxing day. Cindy came in and fed Dude and me, and I decided to just stay in bed. Cindy went around and took some more Halloween decoration pictures for me; everything looks so amazing! My brothers will be here towards the end of the week, so I want to just take a day and relax and just think about how much fun we are going to have; it's always so nice but always goes by way too fast. I mostly watched TV all day, listened to music, caught up on my blog, and slept. Karen came in at 2 PM, and we did some personal care and a nice long hot relaxing bath. I was just exhausted so I didn't even eat and I just fell asleep.


































































1 comment:

betty said...

Looks so pretty there Tammie! I like the tomatoes growing!

betty