Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Air quality is getting better…

 Monday was a really nice day. Karen came in and fed Dude fed me, and got me dressed in up in my chair. I'm so glad that we decided to start doing personal care on Sunday evening because now I have all day to cruise around and since my chair got fixed finally I'm going to take advantage of it. Karen attached the go Pro back on my chair so I'm even going to be able to take pictures, such an exciting day. We cruised over to the wharf, down to the end and back and then we cruised over to the boardwalk and down to the end of that and back also. My original plan was to cruise with Dude down to the end of Westcliff Drive to natural bridges beach and then park. I was so excited when I left that I forgot all about it and by the time we cruise the wharf and the boardwalk I figured we probably better just go back home and will go down Westcliff another day. We have been doing about four or 5 miles a day and hopefully, we can do more, Dude is getting a little chunky and we need to start working more on his commands. When we got home we hung around in the yard for a little bit and then it was getting warm so I came in to watch TV for a while until Rosa gets here. Rosa came in and fed Dude, put me to bed, and then fed me. I finished eating just-in-time to see my aunt and uncle on their way over to play cribbage, this time my mom was my partner and we skunk them twice so I ended up with about $10. We played about four games and then everybody was getting sleepy so we called it a night. I listen to music for a while and I was out.






















































Tuesday was another really good day. Cindy came in and fed the crazy boy and then got me dressed and up in my chair. I have an appointment in Capitola with Jennifer so we decided to wait and get something to eat at Gayle's bakery. It was really nice to see Jennifer, she gave me the works, and then we were out of there. We cruised over to Gayle's bakery and luckily there wasn't much of a line so we got right in and write out, I got some lemon rotisserie chicken, Twice baked potato, mixed vegetables, beet and kale salad with ginger, a puff pastry, and some coffee. We decided to take it over to the harbor and we found a picnic table right by where everybody was pulling the boat out of the water, there was 2 PM and it seemed like everybody comes in from fishing at 2 PM. There was a pelican and a seal that was watching the boats come in and try to look and see if they could find any fish, most of the fishermen are really cruel to the pelicans and seals because they steal their fish and that's just not okay! While rereading a bunch of bees came over because they smell the food, I ate my chicken and then we put the bones at the other end of the table on the bench and the bees went over to that and left us alone… I remember my dad telling me that if we put some chicken away from the table the bees will leave us alone. We cruised up and down the beach and then decided it's time to go back, It was starting to get really hot and I noticed when we got in the car my phone said it was 78° outside. We went to Safeway to get some bread and a couple of prescriptions and then headed back home. Usually, on Tuesdays we pick up Rosa and bring her over here with us but when Cindy texted them Rosa and Adriana and they were at the spot right next to the Safeway we just left getting a manicure, pedicure, and waxed. We cruised back home and I cranked up the air conditioner, turned on the air purifier, and tilted back in my chair to watch TV until Rosa came in. Rosa came in and fed Dude, put me to bed, and then fed me. Right after we finished eating my stomach started hurting and I really didn't feel very well at all, I know it was the pastry that I had because I'm sure it had eggs and a lot of sugar… Whenever eat especially a lot of sugar I get a stomach ache and the coffee didn't help either. Cindy gave me a couple shots of Pepto-Bismol and that seemed to help a little bit. I couldn't eat anything because my stomach was still upset but I did have some tea. I tried to catch up in my food diary and then I watched TV until I fell asleep.



























 Wednesday was a really long day. Susan came in to give me a nice long two-hour massage, I was so relaxed when she left that I fell asleep. Karen came in and we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath. Melissa came by to groom Dude, she bought out Bailey's grooming service… She's perfect for the job! It was really hot outside so I decided to just stay in bed. I watched TV for a little while until Adriana came in to feed Dude, she noticed when she was taking him out that there were some pretty big cracks in the driveway by the garage… It looks like somebody dropped something but it was too close to the garage, I wonder if it was the heat or what? Some lady showed up at my front door with her two offspring, she rang the ring doorbell, and that I could hear her say "oh they have one of those doorbells with the camera, how fancy" And then she said "not cool!" She finally gave up and went away but as she was walking away she looked right in the camera said "we can bring her her box later", I think she just said that for the cameras benefit. My neighbor also caught her as she was walking down the street with her kids, I have never seen her before. I watched TV for the rest of the evening and finally fell asleep at about two or 3 AM.




 Thursday was a really nice day. Karen came in and fed the hungry boy, fed me, and got me dressed in up in my chair. Dude and I took off for a nice long cruise through Depot Park, down to the end of the wharf and back, down to the end of the boardwalk and back, down to the end of the wharf and back and then home. It was such a beautiful day and my camera was working, it was a little crooked so when I crop the pictures and straighten them out they got really small but it's so nice to have a camera again. We cruised back home and I watched TV on for a while. On the way back home I noticed that the building across from Depot Park where they used to have the segue rentals has opened up and is now something different so I was trying to take a picture to see what it was, Karen told me the next day that it's a new market and they have killer burritos so I will have to try that one day. Adriana was going to come in at 3 PM so we can go to Best Buy and look for a projector so we can start watching concerts and stream movies outside in the yard, I'm so excited! Unfortunately, Adela's son-in-law took my van to wash it in detail and wasn't back by 3 PM so Adriana went ahead and put me to bed and will just try again tomorrow. He brought my van back and took before and after pictures and it looks amazing! I don't think it has ever been detailed on the inside. My neighbor Trish texted me and asked if I wanted to do the Michael Franti stay-at-home concert outside in the driveway, she's a teacher so she has a projector and a scrape so course I said YES! And then I started thinking that would just be a good thing to have for when family and friends visit. I edited pictures, updated my blog, and listen to music until I fell asleep.































































 Friday was another long day. Karen came in and fed the hungry Dude and then fed me, we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath. Personal care just exhausts me lately I don't know if I'm getting old, personal care is definitely getting old but I guess it's better than the alternative? I would've stayed in bed but today is Friday so that means Rubens tacos from beach flats for dinner tonight, I've been wanting to try Birria for a long time and Ruben makes it along with all kinds of other wonderful stuff and I don't want to miss that. Adriana came in a little bit early and we went to Best Buy, Staples, OfficeMax, and Costco to see if we could find the projector I was looking for online but of course, like everything else, it sold out because of the pandemic. We got there a little bit early, he doesn't start selling the tacos until 5 PM, so we parked across the street and waited… All of a sudden people started flocking to Ruben's house for his amazing food! I guess his mom used to have a restaurant and he would help out, his mom passed and so now he and his family sell them from out in front of his house, he starts barbecuing and then by 5 PM he's ready… His wife helps him cook and his daughter is the cashier, I think he has at least one more son and possibly another daughter that helps him also. What an awesome little family business! We brought them back here and they were as delicious as I expected, we will definitely be coming back for more… This could possibly be our new Friday night menu. Adriana fed the big boy and then she put me to bed after we ate the tacos, I had one Birra taco and one El Pastore. I've been seeing this local organic juice place called La Vie at the farmers market and I keep wanting to try it, I've seen a friend of mine post about it so I messaged him to ask him about it and he said that he has been drinking their juices for a couple of years and highly recommends it so I thought I'd give it a try. I ordered a three day cleanse and some beat Kvass along with some of their yogurt and the lady got back to me and said she would deliver it on Saturday, if you order like $75 worth they will deliver it to your door for free. I watch TV for a while until I fell asleep.














 Saturday was a really exciting day. Cindy came in and fed Dude and then fed me and got me dressed in up in my chair. I started watching Michael Franti's worldwide stay-at-home tours and tonight is the third one, my neighbor Trish is a teacher and she has a projector and a screen so we were going to watch it outside in the driveway so we can social distance… Since she's a teacher and her husband works for Parks and Recreation they're exposed to a lot of people so there still being very careful which I love! It seems like nobody's really taking this pandemic seriously anymore. Cindy made a plate of cheese, crackers, and salami and put them in the refrigerator for later. Omar came by to start building a cabinet next to the barbecue island so I have a place to store the outdoor dinnerware and chair cushions, he said is going to make the front look like the front of the barbecue island… I'm so excited!! Dude and I took off for a cruise through the ballpark, to the end of the wharf and back and then home.  My aunt came by a couple of days ago and she had found this material while she was cleaning up, it was like a red and white checkered tablecloth with ants crawling on it, for Adele's sister to make masks out of. We rested for a bit and I started getting really bad chills, my back was sweating and I started getting a headache… The same thing happened this morning and Cindy checked because it usually my leg bag hose kinked but everything was fine and the chills eventually went away but now they're back, I thought maybe I was just nervous because of the concert and having company so I had my mom come down and give me a Lorazepam and then I remembered that I have really narrow shoes on so when Adriana came in I had her take off my shoes and put on my slippers and I started to feel a little bit better. She set up the backyard and made some popcorn, I found some little popcorn bags so we had individual little bags out there and gloves and tongs and everything so nobody had to touch anything. The concert was AWESOME except that it started at 6 PM and you can barely see it on the garage door because it was too bright out, it started to get darker about 7 PM and then the concert showed up really well… It looked so good that we decided to not put up the viewing screen and we just watched it on the garage door. Now I have to get one of these because this was so awesome! We can stream movies and concerts and there's just so much that you can do, my brothers are going to be here next month so we are definitely going to watch the movies and concerts outside. Adriana came in and put me to bed and I kept falling asleep as she was putting me to bed and I was so tired I just knocked out and I didn't even look at the pictures I took from my GoPro.





































 Sunday was a nice relaxing day. Cindy came in and had to wake me up, I can't believe I slept all through the night… That never happens but it felt great! She fed Dude and then she fed me, I just noticed that Dude always gets to eat for me… that's because he's so adorable! I slept on and off all day until Karen came in at 2 PM, we did some personal care and a nice long hot relaxing bath but I slept through most of it. I added the pictures of the concert that we saw yesterday before I fell asleep.

1 comment:

betty said...

That was a good idea with streaming the concert like that, Tammie, and having some people over to enjoy it with you!! All the pictures were great!

betty