Monday, September 7, 2020

Is it too early to say I think were coming out on the other side finally…

 Monday was a really nice day. Karen came in and fed Dude and then fed me and got me dressed in up in my chair. I was so excited that I had the whole day to cruise around with Dude and it was a beautiful day. I haven't been up this early, felt this great felt this excited to get out and cruise around for a long time. Karen hooked up my camera on my chair so I can take pictures but of course, as soon as I got out and around the corner, the mount bounced around and the camera drop down, I get so frustrated. I tried to fix it a couple times by tilting in front of a pole to see if I could straighten it up but it didn't work and I didn't want to break the camera so I just shut it off. We cruised through Depot Park, down to the end of the wharf and back, down to the end of the boardwalk and back and then home. I didn't really want to come home but I didn't want to get stuck out and about with my battery dying and being so unpredictable. As soon as I got in the driveway and started up the ramp to my back door the battery indicator on my chair went to totally empty. I still have until the 11th to drive around like this, it's so annoying! I just sat around and watched TV until Rosa came in. She fed Dude and then put me to bed and fed me, again she was tired from all the running around over the hill so I tried to get her to go home early so she could spend some time with her family and get some rest. I think she said she had one more week and then they were going to start moving her clients back into the care facility, I know she will be so glad to be able to be back on the side of the hill. I played cribbage for a while with my uncle, my aunt, and my mom, my mom was my partner and we kicked ass! I listen to music for a while and then fell asleep.



Tuesday was a very exciting day, today's the day my mom gets her Safe Step tub/shower installed. They told her they would be here at 8 AM and that would take pretty much all day but they would leave everything spotless when they left. Cindy came in and fed Dude and then fed me and got me dressed and up in my chair. I had a dentist appointment at 11 AM and usually, I go by myself but since I don't trust my chair Cindy said she would go down and wait for me, I thought it was just a cleaning and would only take 45 minutes but when I got there they told me they were going to fill two cavities and build up and file down some of my front teeth. I have been clenching my job a lot and my teeth are grinding down so it ended up taking three hours. Cindy came back home and did a couple things and I called her when I was done and she came back and got me. She dropped Dude and I off and then went to go get her mother, I just lay back and rested for a bit… My mouth was really sore. Rosa came in to feed Dude and then put me to bed, my mom came down and showed us pictures of her new Safe Step tub and her Bidet… It looked pretty awesome! I had Cindy go up and take some more pictures with my camera so I would have them on my computer. Rosa put me to bed and then fed me and then went home to get some rest. I watched TV and played candy crush for a little while until I fell asleep.










 Wednesday was a pretty good day. Susan came in to give me a nice long massage, it's been a long time and it felt so wonderful! Karen came in and we did some personal care and I got to take a nice long hot bath, the whole time I'm thinking how nice it would be to be able to take a bath with all those amenities. She got me dressing up in my chair and Dude and I took off for a nice long cruise around Santa Cruz. The last week or so Dude has been scratching his ear a lot and every time somebody looks it's either red, there's a bump or he just won't stop scratching it so I called to make him an appointment for tomorrow at 2 PM. He scratched it now and it's bleeding so it's time. We took out and cruised down to the wharf, over to the boardwalk, and then back home so I can tilt back and rest a bit before Adriana comes in. I watch TV for a while until Adriana came in to feed Dude, she put me to bed and then got me something to eat and then took off. I watch TV until I eventually drifted off to sleep.

 Thursday turned out to be a really nice day. Karen came in and fed Dude and then fed me, she got me dressing up in my chair. I took Dude for a nice little cruise down to the wharf, over to the boardwalk, down to the end of the wharf again, and then back to rest before I take Dude to his appointment at the vet. Again just as I drove in the door my battery indicator was all the way dead, sometimes if I stay idle for a while it will charge back up but it didn't look like that was going to happen and I had to take due down in half an hour. I messaged Adriana and told her that I was going to be taking Dude down to the vet so keep her phoning her in case my chair dies and I need her to come and get me with the van. I made it down there okay and they took dude inside, Dr. Martinelli called me a couple of times, and the first time she told me that the day after Robby passed away her lab/retriever mix was diagnosed with intestinal cancer… Her dog looks a lot like Robby. The second time she prescribed dude some antibiotics and gave us something to clean out his wound and some powder so it doesn't itch. They came out with a big box of memorial stuff that I ordered when Robby passed away and I knew there was no way I was going to get that home so I texted Adriana and she got the van and came to get us. I was tilted back and as I sat up I looked over to the left and there were Andrew and Kona, Kona is Dude's new play buddy. I had to keep looking because I didn't have my glasses on and it's hard to tell who people are sometimes with the masks on their face but eventually I just took a chance and said hello and it was them, Konas first vet appointment. Adriana drove up We loaded everything in the van and came on home. She fed Dude, put me to bed, and then we opened up the box to see what was in it… I ordered about eight stemless wine glasses, eight mugs with Robby's pawprint on them, a beautiful box with his picture that had his ashes and it. I also ordered a red rose pendant with his ashes in it and they gave me a pop print with a little poem on it. They are such amazing people all of them! She got me something to eat and then brush my teeth and wash my face and then went home. I put a category in my pictures of just Robby and when I start missing him a lot I put on the music and just watch him through the years, he was the best dog ever! I think I cried myself to sleep.






 Friday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and fed Dude and then fed me. We did some personal care and then a nice long hot bath, it was supposed to be really hot so I decided to just stay in bed and relax… Dude has this big huge cone of shame on his head so I'm sure he doesn't want to be out in public either. We tried to make it fun with tennis balls and stuff but he was not amused. I caught up on my blog, I was almost 2 weeks behind… It's so hard if I don't keep up every night to remember what happened over the last couple of days even with the calendar and pictures. My uncle Ronnie from Arizona texted me and we ended up chatting for a little while and it was really nice, it was over 100 there and he had his grandchildren at the waterpark…They are so adorable! Adriana came in and went to Safeway to get a couple of things for my mom and I, I was going to get some stuff to snack on but instead she took a picture of the stacked stuff in my kitchen… I really have a lot! I took a picture of everything to keep in my photographs so when I want a snack I can just look at the pictures. She went to the store and got some fruit and a couple of other things along with my prescriptions. She fed Dude and then fed me and then went on home, her son was having a birthday party and she had four or five boys staying there so she's going to be pretty busy tonight. I was really relieved to be caught up on my blog and fell right to sleep.









 Saturday was a really good day! Cindy came in and fed Dude and then fed me, she got me dressed and up in my chair, and after a quick hello to Omar who was working in the yard Dude and I was off for cruise… It's supposed to get really hot today so I wanted to get out of here as early as I can before it gets too hot. Last night Adriana said if I got up, I didn't really plan to, she would take me over to Pier 1 imports for their going out of business sale. She texted me and said the boys all left and we should get over there before it gets too hot so she came to pick me up at the wharf. When we got there there was a line, there were about three people ahead of us. When we finally got in I was so excited and trying to remember where I saw everything I wanted, Cindy took me there last Tuesday and I got some stuff but we didn't have room in the van because we had it loaded in case we had to evacuate. I thought there would be a lot less stuff but there wasn't, I got some plates and platters that I could use outside… It always makes me nervous using the glass or ceramic outside. We checked out and I was so happy with everything I got, I also got some vases, some silk flowers, and vase fillers. We came back home and she put me to bed and then fed Dude and then fed me, it was starting to get really warm and I was so glad to be back in bed. It's amazing how great retail therapy makes you feel. I watched ninety-day fiancé again and then watched the new Dr. pimple Popper season before I fell asleep.

 Sunday was another relaxing day. Cindy came in and fed the hungry boy and then fed me. She left early because she and her brother were going to go over the hill and spend the night with their mother Rosa, she's been stuck over the hill for a week or two and it looks like it's going to be another five or six weeks. The care facility that Rosa worked at in Scotts Valley got evacuated to Mountain View and they put Rosa and her coworkers in a hotel so they could still take care of them. I got some memorial mugs and stemless wine glasses from the company that cremated Robby and I sent a mug and a glass over the hill for Chuck and Terri with Cindy to drop off on her way to see her mom, She sent me pictures proving that she said it on one the chairs on the porch.  Omar framed one of Robbie's Memorial plaques and hung it on the wall in the hallway, it looked so awesome! I watch TV until Karen came in at 2 PM, she fed Dude and I wasn't hungry so we just started personal care and then a nice long hot bath. I slept all day long, I even slept through the personal-care and the bath… I don't know I am so tired. She put me back to bed and I started watching 90-day fiancé but then fell asleep.







1 comment:

betty said...

Poor Dude with having to wear the cone of shame. Winslow did too since he got neutered on Friday. I like the step in bath. Came out nice!

Betty