Friday, September 4, 2020

What's going to be next…

 Monday was another relaxing day. Karen came in and fed Dude and then fed me and I was going to get up in my chair because we decided to have caregiver meetings once a month but I decided at the last minute not to get up because I never know when the battery in my chair is going to give up. Cindy and Adriana went up to Emilys bakery and got some croissants and some coffee. Our first meeting was about evacuation, who was going to do what and where we were going to meet.  We also discussed what we should do if somebody wants a day off or somebody is going on vacation, I have a calendar on the back door so we can mark everything down. It was a really good meeting so we decided to have one once a month. Everybody was happy so we dispersed and I decided to stay in bed and try to catch up on my blog. I listen to music for a while until Joy came in, it started to get really warm again outside so were trying to get Dude used to wearing his tennis shoes again so his feet don't get burned on the pavement. He tolerates it! Rosa came in and fed Dude, they evacuated the care facility that she has been working at in Scotts Valley because of the fire so they put the girls up in hotels in Redwood City so she's been having to stay there all week by herself and work and come home on the weekends. I hope she doesn't have to do it very long, she just loves to be around her family. She vacuumed and then cleaned up the kitchen and then went on home. I watched ninety-day fiancé: where are they now? And then watched a couple of other shows I had on TiVo before I fell asleep.

















Tuesday was a pretty good day. Cindy came in and fed Dude and then fed me and vacuumed and straightened up the room and a couple other things before she left. A year or so ago I wanted to get my mom one of those Safe Step walk in tub/shower units but it didn't happen so I had the opportunity again so I had the sales guy come out to talk to my mom and my big brother upstairs first and then he actually came down and gave the presentation to me with them here, I was thinking if the tub is this great maybe I want to put one in my bathroom and since my brother has a bad back and his wife has a bad shoulder they said it would help that also so I can't wait to find out. It was a really good sales pitch and we decided to go ahead and help one put in for her. My brother is leaving tomorrow so I'm glad that he was here to help me set this up.  We also decided to get her a Bidet and the salesman said if we got one from Costco they would install it. While Omar was here she had Omar take off her toilet seat and gave it to me to bring down here for one of the bathrooms, it's really cool! After everybody left I watch TV for a while until Rosa came in. She fed the hungry boy and then fed me. She cleaned up a little bit and then went home, I feel bad she has to go back over the hill tomorrow and you must be exhausted. My friend Trish texted me to tell me that they got a new puppy, they had a dog that Dude used to hang out with but he passed away.  She sent me a picture and it looks like a shepherd mix and his name is Kona, he is so adorable and I can't wait for him and due to meet. I watched TV for a while and just fell asleep.






Wednesday turned out to be an okay day, Susan told me last night that she would come by to give me a massage but I guess her alarm didn't go off and she never showed up, I was asleep so I didn't notice until about 7:30 AM so I texted Karen right away… I hate to make Dude wait that long to go potty and to eat. Karen came in and fed the poor hungry boy and then fed me and we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath, I'm really excited about the possibility of getting one of those walk-in tubs because it's got oxygen bubbles, cryotherapy and aromatherapy and I think it would be really nice. It supposed to be good for your circulation and your mood among other things. I started looking up regular Jacuzzi tubs to see if maybe I can get the oxygen bubbles, cryotherapy and aromatherapy in just a regular one because it would be a lot less expensive. Omar came in and I asked him about it so he's going to take me one day to a Jacuzzi bathtub place to see what is available. He's back from Mexico so I had a bunch of stuff for him to do. Adriana came in and fed Dude and then fed me, checked on my mom and then went on her merry little way. I just lay here and watch TV, listen to music and meditated until I fell asleep.





 Thursday was a nice long day. Karen came in and fed Dude and then fed me and got me dressed in up in my chair. It looked like it was going to be a pretty nice day although unfortunately I don't have my camera on my chair because we took it off when it broke down. Fred and Joanne were headed home so they can buy to catch up for a little bit and say goodbye, there never really gone for very long so they will be back. Dude and I took off for cruise through Depot Park, down to the end of the wharf and back, down to the end of the boardwalk and back and then home. I decided I better head home because it look like the battery on my chair was getting low and I definitely don't want to get stuck out here. We cruised home and I just watch TV until Adriana came in, she took me shopping but since the smoke was getting thick again outside Pier 1 imports was closed so we went to Bed Bath & Beyond and got a few things. We went grocery shopping and then she brought me home. She fed Dude and then she put me to bed and then fed me. I listen to music for a while and then meditated until I fell asleep.

Friday was another long day. Karen came in and fed the hungry pup and then fed me, we did some personal care and then a nice long hot bath. By the time we were done there wasn't much of the day left and I'm still afraid my chair battery is going to die so I decided to stay in bed. I got a postcard from my friend Andree, her and her family went on vacation and they always send me a postcard… I LOVE postcards! My aunt sent me a picture of our neighbors that moved away about a year ago and they got a new puppy, the puppy is so adorable and they named him Scout! They are going to be really good puppy parents! Adriana came in and fed the hungry boy and then fed me and then took off for the evening. I really enjoy having the evenings all to myself, it's so nice to just relax and do whatever you want to do. I played  Cribbage on the computer until I fell asleep.






Saturday was a nice relaxing day. I feel really lazy not getting up every day but I am just not ready to go out into this crazy world and get stuck either from my battery dying or something else. Cindy came in and fed Dude and then fed me. She buzzed around and cleaned up for a bit and then took off. I laid around the rest of the day and just watch TV, play games on the computer and listen to music. It's really nice and relaxing but it's also getting ridiculous. I was glad that I had all day to watch all of the episodes of 90 day fiancé, I was too tired last night. Adriana came in and fed Dude and then fed me, she went over to the store to pick up a couple of things for me and then went home. I played cribbage online for a while, listen to music and then watched my shows on TiVo until I fell asleep.

Sunday was a really good day. Cindy came in and fed the starving pup and then fed me, she got me dressing up in my chair and as I took Dude out for a cruise she cleaned up the garage, I came back and it looked AMAZING! I swear that girl just gets in there and does stuff and I love it! My brother took a picture of them having breakfast with the nieces and nephews in Oregon! It was so nice to see them, I miss them so much! I can't wait till this whole mess is over so we can all get together and celebrate! Karen came in at 2 PM to feed Dude and then we did some personal care and a bath. I heard some commotion going on across the street and I could see a bunch of flashing lights so we texted Adriana to see what was going on, I knew she would come down and take some pictures. After Karen left I watched TV for a while and I was out.






1 comment:

betty said...

I like the last picture of the beach and the message thanking the fire fighters. They work incredibly hard in their job sometimes in extreme heat. Sounds like a soothing thing with the walk in bath. Saw some advertised on TV in the past.

Betty