Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Another week of the corona virus…

Monday was another relaxing day. Karen came in and we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath, after riding the exercise cycle yesterday I was getting cold chills and a headache so I decided after I go back to bed we should try some personal care, we didn't get any results so we finally gave up and set me back up. I think it's because we did the personal care and my bad, it just doesn't seem to want to work that way anymore. Joy came in I took Dude out for a little jog. I watched TV for a while and I got a text from Trish, we usually watch the marvelous Mrs. Meisel what we haven't done it for obvious reasons for the last couple of weeks so we decided to watch it tonight and just text each other our comments back and forth. It was really strange watching it without her and I kept thinking she was sitting over to my right, I think I dozed off a couple of times and woke myself up fast thinking she was sitting there and I was asleep. Rosa cut up some cantaloupe and then went home. I was actually really sleepy so I went right to sleep, I woke up briefly when my mom came down to let the dogs out and put on my CPAP machine… It's really nice to be wearing the CPAP machine again and I think that helped me go to sleep.

Tuesday was another relaxing day. I wanted to get out briefly to exercise and then go back to bed, maybe cruise around the yard at a time or two, but stuff just started happening and it didn't work out. I had to wait for the Prudential nurse to call me, she was supposed to call me at 10 AM but I ended up calling her at 10:30 AM because she didn't call. Just the regular updates on my condition gotta make sure I still a quadriplegic.  the Woofpack came in and took Robby and Dude to the puppy play date, she asked if next week we could change to Monday and Saturday so they can bring some of their staff back to work. Cindy took off to get my prescriptions at Safeway and she ended up going to five or six different stores looking for small gloves, I almost out. I remember when I was using envoy I had everything super but since they went out of business I've been almost out of everything so now are scrambling to find stuff. I can't wait till all this is over with and I could start up again and get the heck out of here to cruise with the boys. The tech called from Hill ROM and they're going to bring my mattress on Thursday and replace it, tighten up the side rails and fix the scale on my bed. I figure that's a good opportunity to get up and either hang out in the yard or try to go for a little cruise with the boys. Tomorrow is supposed to be the presale for Saratoga Mountain winery, I wonder if they will still send it out and let me pick my concerts. I hope so! Rosa came In and fed the hungry boys and then fed me, I'm already falling asleep so I hope I sleep good tonight. She vacuumed and picked up and then went on home. I listen to music and then listen to one of the stories on calm.com until I fell asleep.

Wednesday was another long boring day in bed. Karen came in and fed the hungry fur babies. We did some personal care and then a nice long hot bath and then more personal care, I don't know if it's because I'm in bed so much these days but the personal care is just taking almost all day and then the rest of the day I just feel really crappy. I've been getting headaches and I believe it's from not getting up and from tension/stress/anxiety so I decided to start getting up maybe every other day even if I just cruise around inside the house and in the yard. Right now is really not the time that I want to have to go to emergency because of a headache. I just can't keep my arms from tensing up, when I think about it I relax them but then I noticed a few minutes later there tensed up again. After I went back to bed I tried to take a nap because for some reason I'm just not able to sleep at night no matter what I have tried… And I have tried just about everything. I watched TV, edited pictures, listen to music and play games until Rosa came in. She fed the hungry boys and then fed me, I saw a recipe online form the Mexican pizza they have at Taco Bell so I got all the ingredients and she may be a killer pizza. After she left I watch some more TV and tried to relax listening to the calm.com app. I eventually fell asleep probably about an hour before time for Karen to come in.


Thursday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and fed the boys and then fed me and got me dressed and up in my chair. Adriana came by to help me purge out the front bedroom closet so we decided before that to take the boys for a cruise down to Depot Park, we didn't run into a lot of people so we decided to go down to the end of the wharf and back. As we were cruising down the wharf we ran into Brett and a couple of his coworkers, usually no matter what he's doing she drops it to come over and say hi to Dude but since everybody's practicing social distancing she just said "hi Dude, I can't say hello to you right now" On our way cruising back home I saw Trish on her front steps, it didn't look like her because her hair looked longer, she had a band around her hair and she was leaning over measuring her stairs so she can decorate it with tiles that she broke up… It's going to look so awesome! We said hello and chatted for a couple minutes and then her husband Andrew came out the front door with their dog Mr. Bean, Robby kept jumping up and barking because he wanted to play, Mr. Bean is more used to hanging out with Dude so I felt kinda bad because he didn't really want to say hello to Robby only Dude. We cruised back home and hung around in the backyard until Rosa came in. She fed the boys, put me to bed and then fed me. She wiped everything down with disinfecting wipes and vacuumed before she left. I edited the pictures that I took for the day and then watch some more TV and played some more games. Part of the reason that I was getting up was that they were supposed to bring the new mattress to put on my hospital bed but when the guy called he said "I have your P 300 mattress", thank goodness I noticed before he drove all the way over the hill but my mattress is a P 500. I called the guy back that sold me the mattress and told him that it was the wrong one so now we get to start the process all over again, the problem is that today was the last day the techs were making any housecalls because of the social distancing. I guess the P 300 mattress doesn't have the air exchange chambers so he wanted to bring it anyways but I told him I need the one with the chambers so now they're just going to send it to me and I need to have somebody put it on my bed. I listen to some music and try to relax and meditate but my mind is just way too active.














 Friday was another relaxing day in bed. Karen came in and fed the hungry boys and then she got me in my chair to ride my exercise cycle, the last couple of times I got up to exercise I started getting cold chills and a headache so we decided to try it before doing personal care and hopefully, it will go a lot faster, it did. I took a nice long hot bath and they got back into bed and pretty much watch TV all day.  Joy came in and took Dude out for a jog. Adriana came in, Sara wanted Friday and Saturday off, she went to the store to pick up a few things and then came back and fed the boys and then fed me. I saw this ad on TV for a neck sling and I bought one a while back so she looked around the house to see if she could find it, I'm hoping it will help with my neck and tension headaches. We couldn't find it so I ordered another one, that's usually the easiest thing to do if I want to start using it right away. After she went home I watched TV for a while, played some games and updated my blog.


 Saturday was another relaxing day. Cindy came in and fed the boys and then fed me. I thought about getting up just a cruise around for a little bit but it's supposed to rain all day today and all day tomorrow, I'll probably get up for a little bit tomorrow mostly so I can get back on my exercise cycle. The Woofpack came to get Robby and Dude, they were so excited to go. I put up my blinds, usually when I stay in bed I leave them down so it's nice and dark in here but I wanted to watch the rain… It wasn't really raining it was more like mist but it did misted pretty much all day long.  Adriana came in and fed the boys and then fed me. After she left I watched more TV, listen to more music and tried some meditation but I just can't seem to get to sleep.




 Sunday was another relaxing day. Cindy came in and fed the boys and then got me something to eat. My friend Vince has been doing little concerts from his home so I watched that, I love his gigs. Adriana came in and straightened up the front bedroom and closet, last week we went through the closet and got rid of some stuff but then it was a mess. She went to get me a couple things at the store. I've been watching Michael Franti world tour at home, I just love his music! His wife was showing their favorite dessert bowl so I had Adriana get the ingredients and make it, it was awesome! Only 5 g of carbs and I think 3 g of sugar, I was on an açai bowl search for a while but they all had too much sugar. The nights aren't getting any easier, I just can't sleep I've tried pretty much everything I can think of and I don't know what else to do. I think I'm going to start getting up and at least hanging around the house/yard with the pups on the days that we don't do the personal-care and bath, those days I'll exercise on the exercise cycle… Maybe I'm just staying in bed too much? I seem to fall asleep around 4 or 5 AM and then my caregivers come in at 6 AM or 7 AM and I can keep my eyes open, sometimes they have to wake me up while I'm eating my breakfast several times so I don't choke.





1 comment:

betty said...

Food always looks good that you post pictures of Tammie! I'm glad we have a lot of technology these days to stay in touch with each other and to watch with podcasts and other things on YouTube . Imagine how different it would be if we didn't have that to try to entertain us!

betty