Sunday, April 19, 2020

Easter is over but self quarantine is still going on…

Monday was a really long day. Karen came in and said that she had terrible hives and was going to go to urgent care after she was done here, I told her she should just go and get it over with because we have all day. She fed the boys and then fed me, and later her husband took her to urgent care. I watch TV and listen to music for a while until she came back.  She said that the doctor told her with all the staying inside, no sunshine, stress, and lack of getting any exercise make your body get a lot of yeast, and it wasn't anything serious… Thank goodness! I probably should have, but I just wasn't in the mood to get on the exercise cycle, so we did the personal-care and a nice long hot bath, and then she put me back to bed. Since I've been stuck in bed so much, I was finding myself taking a lot more meds and edible cannabis to make the days go by, then I'm trying to figure out why it takes so long, and it's so painful to do the personal-care. It's just so easy to make up excuses to take more of anything that I needed. I decided I'm not going to do that anymore, and although it's only been a couple of days, I do feel a lot better; I know it will take some time before I feel great, but I know I will. The meds/cannabis just give me no ambition to do anything during the day except watch TV and listen to music.

Tuesday was a perfect day. Cindy came in and fed the boys and then fed me, she got me dressed and up in my chair… I was so excited to get out! Adriana came over, and we decided to go through and purge my closet; I cannot believe how much clothing was stuffed into that closet, but I did get rid of a lot, so that felt great. Cindy, Adriana, and I decided to go outside with some water and snacks and set up a small agility course for Dude… Robby watched from the sidelines. I cruised up and down the driveway, and my aunt and uncle came over to chat for a while. I haven't talked to them for a really long time.
After everyone left, I was really itchy for some reason, so I took a couple of Benadryl and noticed as I was cruising up and down the driveway, I was getting really drowsy and thought I better go in and watch TV because it was hard to keep my eyes open. I almost dozed off when I was at the end of the driveway, but I thought I would cruise up and down a couple more times; after all, who knows when's the next time I will get up and outside. I did doze off briefly and woke up with the start because I almost ran into the porch, I haven't been sleeping much, and the Benadryl just put me over the edge. I came in and leaned back to watch TV for a while, and I just couldn't keep my eyes open. Cindy brought Rosa and came inside to look for Adriana's earbuds, she thought left him here somewhere. Rosa put me to bed, and I was still dozing off, she got me something to eat and then cleaned up a little bit and then left. I heard her go, and of course, then I was wide awake. I started working on rebuilding my homepage, but I was having a lot of problems, so my brother suggested that I just start with the template and erase everything and add all of my own stuff, which turned out to be an excellent idea and made it a lot easier. When I lived in San Jose, I went to DeAnza College and took a course in building a home page, and I made my first one, but I really don't remember anything about it.
I really liked the one I had and started going in and editing it when I found out the program is no longer active. Once I figured it out, it's a lot of fun, and now I guess I'm going to be back to not sleeping that much because I want to finish it up and add on. I've been arming my alarm, I was hoping that would help me start sleeping again. I seem to be watching the surveillance cameras a lot, especially the front and back door because there's a lot of robberies going on around here, it's even worse since this whole coronavirus thing. I do feel better, it's just the perimeter so Robby can still wander around and what set off the alarm. Monday morning I forgot to tell Karen that I was using the alarm, I can't believe I've had it for years and have never used it. She came running in and said that when she came in the alarm was going off, and she wanted to make sure she disarmed it the right way. Luckily I had told her last week that I was thinking about using it, and she knew the code and what to do. I made sure I told Cindy when to left this afternoon, so that won't happen again. I worked on my homepage and listen to some music until I thought it was time that I should try to get some sleep, I've been trying to write in my blog every night because I've been skipping sometimes weeks and it's tough to remember what I did. Tomorrow Robby goes in to get a sist removed off of his ear; now that he's 12, it sounds like he's going to be getting a lot more, but the one on his ear is just so annoying to him and itchy… Every once in a while, he rubs it, and it bursts open, and he gets blood all over him. I finally admitted on Facebook that I watch 90-day fiancé, and I was pleasantly surprised to find out how many other people watch it, there was a lot of comments made on that post.
















 Wednesday was a horrible, miserable day. Karen came in and fed Dude, Robby couldn't eat because he has to go in for a procedure today… he is getting a sist taken off of his ear. Karen took him down to the vet, the procedure right now is to wait in the parking lot and called the receptionist and somebody will come out to get him. They told me 7:30 AM and that's also what it said in the reminder email, I made sure to read it a couple of times just to make sure. When she got there, Dr. Shuman told her that it had been changed to 8:30 AM, but he took him in any way, everybody down there just adores Robby… In fact, everybody everywhere does because he's such a sweet boy. She came back home, and we did some personal care; usually, I ride my exercise cycle first, but I was already getting horrible chills, so we just started. Joy came in to take Dude out for a little bit of exercise. I felt really horrible, and it ended up taking all day long, Rosa finally came in at 4 PM to relieve her and feed Dude. The vet tech called and said that Robby came through fine and was ready to be picked up, so I message Cindy, and she didn't answer, so I messaged Adriana and then decided to call the vet and see if they could just keep him overnight… If something happens or he needs help in the middle of the night, there is nothing I can do, so I feel better if he just stays there where there is a nurse to watch him all night long. By the time Rosa came in, we had thought that we were finished, and all she would have to do is give me a nice hot relaxing bath, but after the bath, we ended up having to do some more personal care. I got another bath, it just seems like all the sweating, soreness, and chills go away as soon as I get in the bathtub.  I got this red shampoo that the dermatologist gave me for my itchy face and ears and since I've been so itchy we decided to use it on my hair, and I think it worked a little, it's hard to tell because I also took a Benadryl which knocked me out. It was so lovely to get back into bed and sit up, I thought it would be exhausted but I started to redo my webpage and every time I try to go to sleep it pops into my head, and then I can't sleep, and I just end up working on it a little bit more. Rosa did some laundry and then went home. I listen to music, listen to part of one of my audiobooks, and then watched some TV until I fell asleep.



Thursday was another long miserable day. Karen came in and fed the hungry fur babies and then fit me. She rolled me on my side just to check, and we ended up doing another marathon all day personal-care day; I'm really thankful that for some reason, my body is cleaning itself out, but this is ridiculous. We started off in the bed and then ended up in the commode chair again. the vet called and said that Robby was ready to come home, so Adela drove her down there to pick him up, we didn't know how groggy he would be, and although it's only a couple of blocks away, we just wanted to be safe. He was in really good spirits and after he said hello to everybody, we took him upstairs and barricaded off the stairs so he wouldn't fall down. After another nice long hot relaxing bath, if nothing else, I am staying really clean. Rosa, Adriana, and Cindy came in just as Karen was leaving. Adriana had a work zoom call later, and she came by to see if she could use my spare bedroom, it's a little quieter over here and at her house. Rosa stayed here and fed the boys and then fed me, I had taken another Benadryl before I took a bath, so I was having a problem keeping my eyes open, but at least I wasn't itchy anymore. I fell asleep for a while, but I was awake when Adriana came in for her zoom call in the bedroom, Rosa went home just as she got here. She finished up her call and then texted me to thank me and then went home. I worked on my new webpage for a while, listen to some music, watch some TV and I think I eventually fell asleep at about 4 AM.





Friday was a pretty relaxing day. Karen came in and fit the boys and then got me up in my chair and up to my exercise cycle, I did five minutes with the electrodes on my legs, three minutes with my arms, another five minutes with the electrodes on my legs and then another three minutes on my arms. It seems like a lot of work to get prepped for about 15 minutes workout, but I still feel the sweat, and I could feel my heart rate going up. I'm so excited to start using it regularly again. I started a while back but kept getting pressure sores, so a friend of mine who used to be a physical therapist told me to use a Rojo cushion instead of my molded one and it's worked out better ever since. Thankfully personal care didn't take that long and then I got to take a nice long hot bath and back in bed to relax. I called a really good friend that I got to know when I lived in Stockton Sandy, she called me the day before and said it would be really lovely to talk because it has been a while. I avoid the phone whenever possible, I just don't like it. My cousin sent me a message and said that my friend Sandy was really worried about me, so I gave her a call, and we talked for about an hour and 1/2. Joy came by to take Dude out for a romp around Santa Cruz, and Omar came by to fix the gate in the driveway, I taught Dude to push the push pad, but his toenail got caught and he ripped the front of it off. You and got a new battery for my van because we found out yesterday when Karen and Adela went to go pick up Robby that the battery was dead. I thought I had asked Adriana to work this weekend for Sara, but I guess I forgot, it got to be 4:30 PM and nobody was here so my mom came down to feed the boys and let them out. I fell asleep for a while and woke up still groggy from the Benadryl and work some more on my homepage, it's really simple right now because I can't figure out how to put in any page breaks or graphics… I will either do that later or do it when my brother comes to visit. I watched 90-day fiancé, listen to some more music and then eventually fell asleep again shortly before it's time to wake up. Omar said he was going to get the ingredients tomorrow and make Pazole for us on Sunday, I'm so excited!

Saturday was a pretty good day. Cindy came in and fed the hungry boys and then fed me. She cleaned up and then went to the store to get my prescription, I was prescribed some shampoo, so I want to try it and see if it will stop my head from itching. She also got some avocados, I eat avocados with just about every meal, some lunch meat and cheese, goat yogurt and a couple of other things. The Woofpack came to pick up the boys, I thought I was going to have to keep Robby here since his procedure, and since he has the cone on his head, but they said they would watch him, I think it would just really break his heart if he had to miss a puppy play date. I think it's so cool how everybody just adores Robby and goes overboard to make sure he's okay. Omar came by to fix a couple of things and put up an essential oil rack I found on Amazon, I don't know what I would do without him. My cousin Rich came by and dropped off a walker that Workmen's Comp. got him when he was having problems with his leg, I have a friend who just happens to need one, and she was so excited when I sent her a video of this one… Hopefully, one of the girls will drive it over to her tomorrow along with a couple of homemade masks that my housekeeper's sister made. She is so sweet and does so much for everyone, she deserves the best. I worked some more on my new webpage; I work on it for a while, and then I get frustrated because I can't figure something out, but after resting for a bit, I go back and try again. My brother is also doing one, so he's giving me a lot of advice and tips. Yukio brought the boys back and said that they had a really good day. Adriana came in and fed the tired, hungry boys and then fed me. She climbed up and folded some laundry, and then she took off. I watched TV for a while, worked on my homepage for a while… Every time I get a couple of pages done I find a new and better way to do stuff, so I think I'm just going to finish copying everything over and then go back and do a lot of editing. I listen to some music and watch some more TV, and I tried to go to sleep, but every time I would nod off I would start thinking about my homepage and start working on that again.










  Sunday was a really awesome day! Cindy came in and fed the fur babies and then fed me, she got me dressed and up in my chair… I briefly thought about not getting up because Adriana has never put me to bed before, she worked for me years ago but she did the weekend morning shift. Cindy said she would show Adriana the evening routine, so I ended up giving up, and I'm so glad I did. It was a beautiful sunny day! Adriana came in and took my cousin's walker to my friend Lisa in Watsonville, he got it from Workmen's Comp. I used it for a while but doesn't need it anymore, she was so thrilled to get it because she said hers was really old and she has fallen a couple times. She said that when Lisa saw it, she almost cried because she was so thankful. I also sent her a couple of facemasks that are washable. She texted me later and asked for my cousin's address so she could send him a thank you card, she is just so sweet and caring!
When Adriana came back we cleaned out the laundry room closet, I didn't get rid of as much stuff as I would like to, but it looks better. Omar came in and started cooking, is going to make a big pot of Pozole…I have been waiting for this all week! I didn't know he was such a good cook, the barbecue for us a couple of times at a couple of parties. I should've known because his house that he's making in Mexico as a restaurant below it. We decided to eat outside because it was so beautiful, it was really lovely!  Adriana brought a really sweet carrot cake from the Buttery; they have the fast stuff there! Robby's bandage was falling off, so Cindy and Adriana cleaned it and re-bandaged it, so since the ear is tough to try to find a way to bandage it and keep it on. We finally ended up just wrapping some gauze and some co-ban around his head, but by the time we were finished eating dinner, it fell off, so we just took it off; after he went upstairs, it came off again, so we just ended up keeping it off. He has an appointment with the vet tomorrow, so they will either take out the stitches and leave it or re-bandage it. After we ate they cleaned up, Omar went home and Cindy showed Adriana the routine for putting me to bed. I have been really itchy lately, and I think the sun helped, Karen ended up in urgent care last week, and that was one thing that the doctor told her was that she needed to get out in the sun… I won't know until tomorrow if the sun helped because I took a couple of Benadryl. Cindy and Adriana went home, and I took a little nap, Benadryl always makes me drowsy. I woke up and then wrote in my food journal and then my blog. I worked on my homepage for a while, listen to some music and then watch the newest episode of 90-day fiancé. I found some older photos that I had stored on Shutterfly, so I downloaded them and took pictures so I can find them later and worked on my homepage some more until I drifted off to sleep.










1 comment:

betty said...

Food, as usual, looks yummy! Poor Robbie! Its always hard for them to have to wear the "cone of shame" but glad he could participate in the dog play!

betty