Sunday, April 12, 2020

Another week on lockdown and distant socializing…

Monday was another relaxing day. Karen came in and fed the hungry boys and we did some personal care and a nice long hot relaxing bath. For now, the Woofpack changed their play dates to Monday and Saturday so they came to pick up the boys, the boys just love these guys and can't wait to go hang out with them. I felt a lot better once I got back in bed all cleaned up. Usually, if I stay in bed I can sleep for part or most of the day but I can't even do that anymore, I need to figure out a way to get some sleep… They say part of staying healthy is getting plenty of sleep. I have noticed that when somebody is around for some reason it's really easy for me to fall asleep in fact I have a hard time keeping my eyes open, what is that all about? I did what I could during the day to keep busy until Rosa came in, she fed the boys and then fed me. Besides my caregivers I am so thankful to Heather for cooking such amazing meals for me, everybody is scrambling around with meal delivery services because a lot of the restaurants are open but only for takeout and delivery, and those meals that are shipped to you. Rosa came in and fed the hungry fur babies and then fit me. It was movie night with Trish so we watched another episode of the marvelous Mrs. Meisel together and texted each other from the safety of our homes. Towards the end of the show after we said good night I really felt like I could maybe sleep but of course, I didn't, as soon as I was alone again I was wide awake again. I'm sure I'm not the only one, there's so much to worry about these days.

Tuesday started out slow but then got real busy. Cindy came in and fed the hungry boys and then fed me, she noticed that I missed a call from Westside Animal Hospital. On Saturday somebody from the Woofpack texted me and said they had cleaned Robby's ear a little bit and it looked really bad so I might want to call the vet, I call them right away. Since I haven't been getting up as often I really didn't notice the sore on his year was getting bad again and for some reason nobody said anything, usually, my caregivers are really good at letting me know. The message of the vet left was to have somebody bring Robby in so they can check on his ear so Cindy took him to the vet and they cleaned it off, took a culture and sent it to the lab. This has been an ongoing battle because his ear is a really bad place to have a sore, he keeps rubbing it and breaking it back open. We will get the results from the culture back in a couple of days. After Cindy came back I decided to get dressed and up in my chair, maybe a cruise with the boys will take my mind off of everything and help me sleep tonight. As we left we were walking down the middle of the street and saw my aunt working in the yard and JoAnn talking to her so we stopped and from a safe distance had a little conversation with them. As we got to the corner of the cul-de-sac I could see down the street there was a couple of homeless gentlemen with the dogs off-leash, I turned around because I didn't know what to do in the sky was coming from down the hill and said "don't worry it all go around and ask them to move on" and he did just that, by the time we got down to where they were they had crossed the street and were hanging out on the other side. It just amazes me some days how kind and considerate some people can be, I hope I ran into him again someday so I can thank him. As we passed Tricia's house she was outside working on her front stairs again, we chatted with her for a minute and then cruised down through Depot Park over to the wharf. It was so nice to be able to take some pictures again, see the ocean, feel the sunshine and the nice cool breeze. We cruised back, Cindy left and I just hung out for a while watch TV and cruised up and down the driveway with Dude. Rosa came in and fed the boys and then asked me what I wanted for dinner…Heather brought more food earlier so I couldn't wait to see what was on the list and what I was going to have for dinner tonight. Rosa left and I thought after such a busy stressful day I would be able to sleep really good but here it is 10 PM and I still wide awake, I have a feeling it's going to be another long night.

















Wednesday was a long day. Karen came in and fed the boys and then we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath. After the bath, she put me back to bed and we ended up given some more personal care, it ended up taking just about all day. I think I've been taking more meds than usual, I just can't sleep and I'm tense all the time. Again I watch TV pretty much all day, listen to some music and tried to sleep. Rosa came in and fed the hungry crew and then fed me, she cleaned up a little bit and did some laundry and then headed home. I spent the rest of the evening watching more TV and trying to sleep.




Thursday was a good day. Karen came in and fed the fur crew and then fed me. We ended up doing some more personal care, they took such a long time. She got me halfway dressed and then Wolf called from CCI to check on us, the trainers are working from home and checking up on everybody. She said I have another year before it's time for Dude to get recertified and said she would send me another working dog vest. She got dressed and up in my chair and I cruised around in the driveway for a while, it seems like these days I have to work up the nerve to take the boys for a cruise… Do I wear a mask? As I was leaving my niece texted me and asked if I was busy because she wanted to face time, her husband and herself and his brother and his wife were in the backyard and they just wanted to say hello. I keep thinking now's a good time to get used to the phone so I came back in and called them. After I talked to them on the phone she sent me some pictures of their chickens in the backyard. Karen keeps saying that since have to do all of the social distancing it would be a good time for me to get used to the phone, I just never really been somebody who likes to talk on the phone and I really want to give it a try but I just keep procrastinating. I find myself not even looking at people anymore, it just keeps getting scarier every day. Adriana came in and she went to the store to get me some groceries and when she came back she said she got a call from her coworker and she was crying because her son got the coronavirus, I guess he snuck out one time and hung out with his friends and they all got it. Dude and I took off work cruise over to the wharf, as I got down to the corner I saw one of the guys from the wharf maintenance and he yelled out the window "where is your mask?" I told him I forgot it and I was going to go back home and get it but I didn't. We cruised through Depot Park and then down to the wharf and turned around and came back, I was feeling really uneasy. We hung out for a while until Rosa came in to feed the dogs and put me to bed. She fed me and then went upstairs to help my mom for a little bit and then she went home. I watched ninety-day fiancĂ© and tried to go to sleep. Adela's sister made me some masks, she is such a good seamstress… I cut all of my shirts of the back so they're easier to put on in the chair and she sews them so they don't unravel.











 Friday was another long day. Karen came in and fed the boys and then she got me up in my chair and I rode the exercise cycle for about 20 minutes, six minutes with the electrodes on my legs, four minutes with my arms, another six minutes with the electrodes on my legs and then another three minutes with my arms. I could feel my heart pumping and it really felt good, I started to get chills and I was sweating. We did some personal care and a nice long really hot bath, the bath just makes all the pain and everything go away. She put me back to bed, I just love the feeling of getting everything done, taking a bath and then going back to sleep all nice and clean. I watch TV all day long, listen to music and wrote in my blog. Adriana came in and fed the hungry boys and then fed me, there wasn't much else to do and Cindy's birthday so they had a really cool quarantine birthday… It looks like so much fun! I started watching Tiger King, everybody was telling me how good it was… I only got to the third episode and it was really boring. Somebody told me after the fifth episode it starts getting good.












Saturday was another long boring day. Cindy came in and fed the hungry crew and then fed me. The Woofpack came to get the boys, it's such a relief that they get to go out and expend some energy since I'm stuck in bed. Where we're going to go through my closet but then Omar came in so Cindy went to go help him install my new Fandelier, I'm so excited! My aesthetician got this new one and I just love it, the blades on the fan hideaway on top until you need to use them. I'm actually starting to feel really sleepy, I think I even nodded off a couple times today. I hope I can get some sleep tonight. I watched 10 things I hate about you, I LOVE this movie! And then I watched a show called love goals, it's one of those shows where they get a bunch of hip-hop couples and counsel them… I just love a happy ending! Adriana came in and I asked her if she would do some shopping for me, my mom came down this morning and said she didn't realize tomorrow is Easter and she was going to miss having ham… I usually get a honey baked ham. She went to the store and found a little ham, some scalloped potatoes, and some macaroni and cheese for my mom. She came back and got me something to eat and then headed home. I watch some more TV and actually nodded off a couple times, I'm so excited! Wait… I should probably try not to be so excited if I want to get any sleep?







Sunday was a really nice day, it was Easter! Cindy came in and fed the hungry boys and then fed me. she put me on my side for a bit and then set me back up and went home to spend Easter with her family. I actually slept last night so I'm feeling pretty good, I watch TV all day and actually almost fell asleep a couple of times. My little brother message me to see what I was up to so we chatted on Facebook for a while, it was so nice to be able to catch up with him. My other brother texted my mom and I and sent us some videos of the "kids" hunting for Easter eggs, they had so much fun! The dogs were running around trying to figure out what everybody was looking for. I miss all my family so much, I can't wait till this is over so we can have a nice long visit. I planned on having a cousin's reunion in July so I hope that everything is back to normal by then, it's going to be such a great celebration and also to see everybody! My Internet kept going down and I was starting to get a little paranoid but then I thought "just close your eyes and relax for a little bit, it's just that so many people are all in it" sure enough it came back up. Adriana came in and made some tacos and some beets for me and some ham and scalloped potatoes for my mom, it was so delicious! Right before she left my Internet went down again, I feel better when it happens when somebody is here… Just being left to have no way to communicate with anybody makes me nervous, plus the heater wouldn't work and I kept getting warmer and warmer. Again I just relaxed, close my eyes and waited about 20 minutes and it came back on. I watched 90-day fiancĂ©, caught up on my blog and listen to some music. I seem to be relaxing a lot more and I hope it's because I'm not panicking and taking a bunch of meds to make me sleep, it would be so awesome if I didn't have to take anything anymore and I could just sleep like normal… Whatever normal is.










1 comment:

betty said...

Glad you had a nice Easter Tammie! It was so different from previous ones but we did have an enjoyable day ourselves! Hardest thing for me is our 4 year old grandson keeps wanting to come over to grandma's house and his parents have to keep telling him no. Hard for them to understand social distancing!

betty