Wednesday, March 13, 2019

We really really need some warm weather...

Monday was an okay day. Karen came in and fed everybody and got me dressed and up in my chair. I have been having problems with my bad so I called Hill-Rom and they sent out Ronald to take a look at it, I have met Ronald once… I usually get José and he's always so sweet. He said I needed a new battery and a new cord because the one that I have has two shorts in it, he said the battery usually takes a while so, for now, you have to lift up the side rail in order to raise the head, feet, and bed up and down but at least it does work. Rosa came in and put me to bed after she fed the crew and my uncle, my aunt, my mom, Claudia and I played cribbage. I listen to music and then fell asleep.



































Tuesday was an okay day. I finally figured out the perfect way to bundle up to go out in this cold weather, I look like a hippie, redneck aviator pilot but my clothes are too bulky and it keeps my ears warm. Cindy came in and fed everybody and then got me dressed and up in my chair. Cindy took me over to Costco to get my shingle shot, they finally called me and said that it was ready. While we were there I decided to look at patio furniture, I've been wanting to get some for a long time. I have some fold up tables and chairs but I want something permanent because I don't always know when somebody's going to come over and hang out. I took the boys out for a cruise and then came back and hung out for a while to warm up. Rosa came in and we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath and I was out.








Wednesday was a pretty good day. Susan came in and gave me a nice long deep massage, this cold weather is really messing up my shoulders and my arms. Karen came in and got me dressed and up in my chair. The mobile groomer came and groomed both of the dogs so they looked all shiny and new. I cruised around with them simultaneously and then we came back and watched TV until Rosa came in. Rosa came in and fed everybody and then put me to bed. I fell asleep pretty fast, I have been doing that a lot and it really feels good.

Thursday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and got me up and I took Robby for a cruise, or a sniff, around Depot Park and then headed home. Dude and I took off for my appointment downtown with Carol, my psychologist. I hadn't seen her for a while so the session seemed to go by pretty fast which I was glad for because I wanted to get out and run with the dog for a while. Rosa came in and fed everybody and put me to bed. We did some personal care and of course a nice long hot bath so I was nice and relaxed.













































Friday was another great day. Karen came in and fed everybody and got me up and I did another 15 minutes on my exercise cycle, I can't wait to get up to half an hour. Robby and I took off work crews around the boardwalk, there's always a lot of people there on Friday getting everything cleaned up and finished to open for the weekend. Dude and I took off and went for a cruise down Westcliff Drive, to the end of the wharf and back and then home. Theresa came in early to put me to bed after she fed the crew. I listen to music for a while until I fell asleep.



Saturday was a pretty good day. Cindy came in and fed everyone and the Woofpack came to get Robby and dude and I just hung out here, I decided to stay in bed. I worked on editing some pictures, watch TV, play games, listen to music until Theresa came in at 2 PM to do some personal care and a nice long hot bath. She cruised up to Berger.and got me some Kobe sliders, tater tots, and onion rings. I try to stay away from the onion rings because I know they have eggs in them but I love them so much I just have to chance it every once in a while. I watched LMN until I fell asleep.

Sunday was a good day. I woke up and I remembered that it is the anniversary of my spinal cord injury accident, 24 years I've been in this chair. I mentioned it on Facebook and was blown away by the awesome remarks everybody left, everybody from people that I met in fifth grade 2 people I went to high school with and people I worked with. It's such a great feeling to hear such awesome praises from everyone. I have really been feeling old and not very useful and all of the comments made me feel so much better. Cindy came in and fed everyone and got me up in my chair and I took the boys out for a cruise. Theresa came in early and put me to bed and went to the movies with her family. I played games and listen to music on the computer for a while and then fell asleep.

1 comment:

betty said...

I think you do remarkable, Tammie, for the life you live since your accident. That's pretty impressive too that it has been 24 years and you are still, I consider, doing a pretty good job of living. Pat yourself on the back for that!

betty