Tuesday, August 21, 2018

This is going to be a long week…

Monday turned out to be a really good day. I woke up feeling a little better and I decided to get up and cruise around for a while and exercise and then go back to bed. Karen came in and got me up and I cruised Dude through Depot Park, to the end of the wharf and back and then home. On Saturday a water line broke in front of the high school and the road opened up and my aunt said it was like a river, it must've been building up underground for a while. The water was out from about 2 PM till 11 AM, I thought it was going to take a lot longer because it sounded like a real mess. I rode the exercycle for five minutes and then went back to bed, I felt really great after that. I got a text from my mom earlier saying that she and Stanley were going to be back at about 9 PM. I watched the movie bad Samaritan again since I slept through most of it last night. One of the ladies that started the Woofpack 831 is going to have a baby at the end of next month so I got them, her and her husband and the baby, a couple of onesies, a little-stuffed wolf and a beginner's book to teach babies sign language.  My neighbors around the corner got that yard torn up, I don't know if they did it on purpose but it looks like a tractor came through at a couple of angles and tore everything out of the ground, there was even tracks all the way down the sidewalk. Rosa came in and fed everybody and then my uncle, my aunt, Claudia and I played cribbage… My aunt was my partner and we doubled our money. My mom, Stanley, and Janet called from Los Gatos and said they would be here in about half an hour. I just watched ninety-day fiancé until I fell asleep.


















 Tuesday was a long and boring day. Cindy came in and fed everybody and they did some stuff around here, we went through my T-shirts and it was going to have them sent to this place that makes them into quilts… I had one done before and it's really cool! I decided to ask Adela's sister if she could make one, she alters all of my clothes and she does an excellent job! I watched a movie, listen to music and edited my pictures for the rest of the day until Rosa came in to feed everybody and then there was more watching TV until I fell asleep.



Wednesday was a pretty miserable day. Susan came in and fed the fur babies and gave me a really nice massage, I didn't realize how sore my arms and neck were from the FES exercycle but they were pretty sore. Karen came in and we did some personal-care and a nice long hot spearmint/orange essential oil bath, it felt amazing. She got back to bed but then had to do some more personal care. I didn't get up until about 3 PM so I texted Rosa to see if she could come in at 6 PM to give me a little time to cruise the boys around for a bit. I took Robby first and ended up cruising all the way down to the end of the wharf before I noticed that I have the wrong dog, Robby no longer has public access and is not supposed to be on the wharf… Every once in a while I forget or just even don't think about it. I ran into Carlos at the end of the wharf and when he asked me what this dog's name was I realized it was not Dude. We cruised back home and I switched puppies.  Dude and I cruised down to the end of the wharf and back a couple of times and then cruised over to the boardwalk, down to the end and back and then home. Rosa came in and after she fed everybody she put me to bed, my brother made chicken livers with onions and bacon, purple potatoes and a salad. I haven't had liver and onions for a long time and it was pretty good, anything covered with bacon and onions has to be good. I listen to an audiobook on how to talk to people, it was really helpful but I'm not sure that I will remember all the stuff when I try to talk to people… It seems like such a lot of work LOL.

Thursday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and fed the crew and then fed me and got me dressed and up in my chair, it's really hard to put on my braces because I usually lean all the way back so we can get them as tight as possible but it's hard to do with the tilt broken on the chair.  The Woofpack came to pick up Robby. It was a lot looser than I would have liked but I was getting out of here and getting some fresh air. ran into Omar cruising down the wharf and he was just getting off work. We cruised down to the end and then back in the ladies were still cleaning my room so I texted Stanley and we cruised back down to the end of the wharf and then over to the boardwalk to get some crapes and then home. My mom and Stanley cruised over to the store to get something for dinner, my uncle, my aunt and the neighbor down the street came over and we had a killer dinner… Stanley made filet mignon, twice baked potatoes, and my mom cook some yellow squash and some green beans out of my empty garden. Celeste, the neighbor at the end of the block brought over a bunch of heirloom tomatoes and some zucchinis. All these fresh vegetables are so exciting! Rosa came in and put me to bed and after dinner, I thought we were going to maybe play some cribbage but my aunt and uncle went back across the street to watch a football game. I watched catfish the series for a while and then fell asleep.


















Friday was a pretty good day. Susan came in and gave me a nice long massage since I started using my FES exercycle my arms and my neck really sore. Karen came in and we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath.  Stanley brought down a killer breakfast from leftovers from last night. She got me dressed and up for the day and I texted Stanley to see if you wanted to cruise over to the wharf and back with the dogs, he was actually on his way downstairs to ask me the same thing. We cruise the dogs through Depot Park, to the end of the wharf and back and then we decided to cruise over to the boardwalk and get some crapes for dinner, I just got a lemon dessert crape. We cruised back home and Theresa was here to put me to bed after she fed the crew. For some reason, probably because I had that mango drink from the boardwalk, my blood sugar was really high… 180. I don't think my blood sugar has ever been at high so I decided just to have some apple, celery, fennel and turmeric soup. I want to be for a while and then drifted off.









Saturday was a long boring day.  Cindy came in and fed the fur children. I decided to stay in bed and rest my body, with both of my chairs not working right getting up is just too uncomfortable. I slept on and off most of the day and listen to music, audiobook and watch TV. I was so glad that the Woofpack came to get Robby and Dude, the co-owner of the pack group came to pick them up and we try to get Dude to hold and walk out with a gift for the baby but he was too excited and it was taking too long so we just gave it to her. She sent me a picture of the gang hanging out, Dude looked like he was, and a lot of fun. At least the dogs are not restless anymore, I can't wait till I can get out of this bed for a whole day and feel like a normal person again. I fell asleep but then woke up with a panic attack so I asked my mom to come down and get me a lorazepam and I turned the AC down to 66, after a while I fell back to sleep.


Sunday was another long boring day. Cindy came in and fed the crew and then fed me, She asked me what I was craving for breakfast and I said pancakes and bacon. She took the dogs out to play for a while and then played with Dude and his ball launcher, he loves that thing. Omar came by and got all of the branches hanging in the dog yard so now Dude can't go back there and eat all the fruit of the trees, whenever he thinks nobody is looking he makes a mad dash back there. I watched some more TV, listen to more books on tape, listen to music and try to figure out why they would hire somebody as a receptionist at a wheelchair repair shop that has no empathy or sympathy for anyone… I've been thinking about that a lot lately and I can't believe somebody could be that cruel. Theresa came in and fed everybody and then we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath. I watch TV and try to do anything else to pass the time until I fell asleep.

1 comment:

betty said...

Your breakfast looked delicious, Tammie! I do agree with you, a receptionist, especially at a place like that, needs to be kind and compassionate and very sympathetic. Shame that she is not.

Cute onesies for the baby!

betty