Sunday, August 5, 2018

Hot or cool, make up your mind…

Monday was a really good day. My new chair is still out of commission and now my old chair is rocking back and forth so bad that it's hard to drive straight and I can't tilt back, I'm supposed to look back 15 minutes every hour I'm in the chair, in public because I'm afraid I won't be able to reach the joystick. There is such a Between my shoulders and the backrest. I'm just getting more and more frustrated every day. I  emailed the receptionist at Numotion to find out what kind of timeline until I get my chair back, she said she sent the information to Dr. Jett and suggested that I call her office and find out where the prescription is. I only see Dr. jet about once a year, as long as I have been with Numotion which is 10 years they have ALWAYS sent my prescriptions to Dr. Owens and I already had her group looking for it. The reception it at Dr. Jett's office says it's they are in there waiting for her to come back so she can sign it. I'm so frustrated but there's nothing I can do! When I asked the receptionist why she would send it to a doctor I rarely go to all she said was "I made a mistake, I apologize! This woman has absolutely no empathy or sympathy and if there was anywhere else I could go to get my chair fixed I would, except I would really really miss Jack and Daniel because they are awesome! I emailed my primary care Dr., Dr. Owens, and she told me she would fax the information to Numotion the next day and she did. By this time my backup chair is wobbling so bad, I don't really think it's safe to use it so I emailed the receptionist at Numotion and ask her she can have somebody come out and check out my back chair, she got me an appointment for a week and 1/2 away… I'm just feeling frustrated! I wish they would hire somebody to work in the office that has compassion, Sympathy or empathy. it doesn't make it better but I have to stay in bed because I can't get my mind to stop thinking about it and I just get more and more frustrated. Heather at Mariposa came by and we visited for a while, I got some acupuncture and Heather whipped up this incredible meal… Scallops, prawns, fish, and vegetables! We visited for a little bit and then they left, that really made my day! Rosa came in and I ate some soup and just watch TV and laid around for the rest of the evening.

Tuesday was a little disappointing. I was really looking forward to getting out after having the same bed for three days but Cindy called in sick so one more day second bed. I had talked to Heather about coming back and cooking for me again, I miss everything that she made and I realize how much after trying out to other people. When I moved in here in 08 Heather lived next door and was head chef at the Coconut Grove on the boardwalk, I had so much fun getting to know her and we became really good friends. It's so nice to have her back in my life. She came in and cooked me an amazing dinner, just like the old times. The rest of the day I just stayed in bed and watch TV and listen to music. Rosa came in and fed the crew and then fed me the awesome dinner that Heather cooked for me with fish, prawns, and asparagus… It feels so great to be eating healthy again. I played around the computer for a while, watch TV, listen to music and hope that I would be able to get up tomorrow.

Wednesday was a pretty good day. It started off a little rocky but got way better. I don't know what I ate or did but my stomach was so bloated and really hard. Susan came in and I got a really nice massage, so relaxing. Karen came in and we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath. She got me dressed and up in my chair, I was so uncomfortable still I wanted to stay in bed but I need to take the boys out for some exercise. Robby had a follow-up appointment so Karen took him to the vet and I took Dude for a really long cruise through Depot Park, down Westcliff Drive and to the end of the boardwalk and back. There must've been 50 pelicans in the water by the shore, I LOVE Pelicans. When I got down to the wharf I was cruising along and I heard a big commotion in the water and I noticed that there were millions and millions of sardines swimming at the top of the ocean and I remember wondering why I wasn't a bunch of sea lions and other creatures eating up all the sardines. As I was cruising along all of a sudden about 500 sardines jumped out of the water and then jump back in, that's when I really started looking and saw them. I ran into Vince and talk to him for a while, he is always such a pleasure to talk to… Always in a great mood. I cruised a little bit further and ran into Sebastian and his wife Liz I got to talk to them for a little while also, it turned out to be a great day. I remember just cruising around the big smile on my face just looking at how beautiful everything is. I cruised back home and hung out with the boys for a while and that Rosa came in and put me to bed. I was still a little bloated and uncomfortable but so glad I got to get out go for a cruise, I'm sure the boys are also. I watched TV for a bit and then drifted off.













Thursday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and got me up after the morning feeding ritual. The Woofpack came to get Robby so Dude and I took off for a cruise through Depot Park, down to the wharf and then downtown for my appointment with my psychologist. I feel like she's really helped me a lot with my shyness and social anxiety, either that or the really cool people around here. After my appointment, we cruised back down through Depot Park, to the end of the wharf and back, to the end of the boardwalk and back and just because we had time back down to the end of the wharf and then home to hang out in the yard with Robby for a while… They cut Robby's hiking two half days because of the heat and he's losing a lot of weight. We're giving Robby more food and the vet is watching him really closely, they also said his white blood cell count is low but he's had problems with that in the past. Mostly he likes to lay on the couch in the living room and looked out the window or hang around in the yard. He still looks great and gets around pretty well for an 11-year-old. Rosa came in and put me to bed and told me that she could go to the circus at the capital Mall tomorrow because she's going out of town for the weekend. I watched TV and listen to music before I fell asleep.

























Friday was another great day. Karen came in and after feeding the crew we did some personal care and a nice long hot relaxing bath. I took Robby for a cruise through Depot Park, to the entrance of the wharf, around the outside of the boardwalk and then back home. He's a little slow when we start out but after he gets warmed up he moves like his old self and she's gaining weight, he was looking really thin in through the hips. I dropped Robby off to hang out in the living room and took Dude for a cruise through Depot Park, to the end of the wharf and back a couple of times… A feeding frenzy is still happening on the wharf, if you look down over the side of the rail there's just millions and millions of sardines as far as you can see and write off the shore hundreds of pelicans… I love Pelicans! I brought Dude back and took off by myself back over to the boardwalk to watch the summer concert on the beach, tonight was the band Y & T. I was over at the wharf earlier and I could hear them practicing and they sounded really good so I rushed over but by the time I got over to the boardwalk they were finished. I didn't stay for the whole concert because it was getting cold so I cruised on home and Theresa put me to bed. I was pretty tired and still pretty uncomfortable from being bloated all week, I don't know what's going on but this sucks. I listen to an audiobook I fell asleep.




















Saturday was a pretty good day. I was still miserable and bloated but I had three different braces on so although I still felt miserable at least I didn't look it, I haven't really even did anything different so I think it's just being uncomfortable in my old chair while I am waiting for my new chair to get fixed… It has been a month and I'm really tired of being miserable. If it wasn't for Jack and Daniel who are the sweetest and most empathetic guys I have ever met I would desperately be looking for another company to fix my chair. Cindy came in and fed everybody a got me dressed and up in my chair. The Woofpack came to get Robby for his play date and dude and I took off for a nice long cruise through Depot Park, down Westcliff Drive to the indicator, back down to the end of the wharf and back and over to the boardwalk at back. Adela came in to sweep and clean the garage and it looks so nice when I came back. Theresa came in early to take me shopping to Cosco and then over to the nursery for some soil. We came back and she fed the kids and they put me to bed and fed me, I watched TV for a while and eventually fell asleep.




















Sunday was a nice relaxing day. Cindy came in and fed everybody and painted my toenails and my fingernails, we haven't done that for a really long time and it feels great. Theresa came in early so we could do some personal care and a nice long hot bath, I felt so much better after that. I must've been exhausted for being so miserable all week because I was out right after Theresa left.

1 comment:

betty said...


That must have been something to see all those sardines and then to see so many of them jump out of the water!

betty