Monday, August 27, 2018

Looks like another week stuck in bed without my chair…

Monday was another boring day. We did the program at the bath last night so I could get up early to be there with tech support call to fix my FES exercycle but that didn't happen, my stomach started cramping up really bad and I was miserable… Probably from having to stay in bed so long or my other chair that doesn't fit right. Karen came in and fed the crew and then fit me and put me on my side for a while to give my butt a break.  The Woofpack came to get Robby for his hike with the pack. I pretty much watch TV and clicked around on the computer most of the day, I'm getting really tired of this. Rosa came in and fed everybody and then fed me. My uncle, my aunt, Claudia, my mom, Fred and I played cribbage. I was still feeling pretty bad and so glad I didn't get up and I could lay down while we play. I watch TV for a while and drifted off to sleep.

Tuesday was another long boring day. I feel really lucky that I'm not getting any pressure sores but I'm getting really frustrated having to stay in bed so much, I take for granted how awesome it is that I can get up and out of your every day and I really miss it when I can't. Cindy came in and spent the fur babies and then fed me. I pretty much watch TV, listen to music and meditate a lot these days. Rosa came in and fed everybody, at least my house is getting a little organized. I listen to an audiobook until I fell asleep.

Wednesday was just another day in bed. Susan came in to give me a nice long massage, my arms are so tense and my neck is sore all the time Karen came in and we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath and then back to bed. Same thing today, watch TV and watch the time ticking away. I have tickets to a concert at the Mountain Winery in Saratoga tomorrow evening so I emailed the receptionist at Numotion and asked if I needed to get rid of the tickets, I got them in April and they were not cheap. She said the part doesn't come in and even if it didn't they couldn't schedule anybody to come out until the 28th so I asked Trish if she wanted to take her husband. I know they would enjoy it. Rosa came in and fed everybody and try to find something to do to pass the time. My neighbor brought over some heirloom tomatoes and green beans from her garden, it is so awesome to have fresh vegetables. I watch TV once again and tried to fall asleep.



Thursday was pretty much the same routine. Karen came in and fed everybody and turned me on my side for a while, a change of view anyway LOL. The weather has been a little chilly, perfect weather to get up, and I hope it stays that way at least a couple days when I could get up. Rosa came in and fed the crew and then fed me and I just watch TV for the rest of the evening.


Friday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath and she got me up in my old chair, Jessica said that she would come by to do my hair so I needed to be in the chair so I can tilt back to wash my hair. It was actually nice to see somebody and have a conversation, I have been just talking to my dogs lately. I took Robby for a short cruise over to Depot Park and back and then I took Dude, I held my breath all the way hoping that my chair wouldn't break down and I made it. I had my hair done and then Theresa came in and we went shopping for a barbecue we were having on Saturday, we went to Safeway and then to shoppers corner because that's where they have the best meat. Of course, I bought way too much but I'm always afraid we will run out of food. Theresa put me to bed and I watched TV until I fell asleep.

Saturday started out very frustrating but then it got better. Cindy came in to get me up in my chair and it wouldn't even turn on, we tried two different chargers but it was just dead. Every other time I tried to plan a barbecue for the people that help me out around here something always happens. Luckily Cindy was here, she always calls me down when I panic. There was only a couple of people at first and then Moore started showing up so it turned out really nice. Omar barbecued some marinated skirt steak and made guacamole and his wife made some potato salad, Cindy made some Spanish rice… We had a ton of food and it was all awesome! We will definitely have to do this again soon, hopefully, next time I will be able to get up so we can play some table tennis or other games in the driveway. I could hear everybody laughing and joking outside and it really felt great, the barbecue was a success! I wish I could've taken some pictures but Cindy did take pictures of the food for me.





Sunday was another miserable day. Cindy came in and fed everybody I took the boys for a little cruise. I was really bloated and it was uncomfortable to even move, of course, I wanted to eat everything yesterday but I always have to pay. I'll be fine in a couple days. Theresa came in early to do some personal care and hopefully get rid of some of this gas/bloating, I felt a lot better after my bath. I watch TV and try not to think about my stomach until he fell asleep.


1 comment:

betty said...

I can only hope, Tammie, that your chair will be fixed soon. I feel for you being stuck so much not being able to go out and cruise around! The barbecue food though looked delicious!

betty