Monday, August 13, 2018

One more week, in bed or in my uncomfortable chair?

Monday was an okay day. Karen came in and we didn't have to do any personal care or bath because we did it all last night, I knew it was going to be warm so I wanted to get an early start.  Karen got me dressed it up in my chair and the Woofpack came to get Robby so Dude and I took off for a nice long cruise, it's really hard on my body getting up in this chair every day so I have to take advantage when I do get up. We cruised through Depot Park and up and down the wharf a couple of times and headed back home to meet up with Robby, he's on half days now because it's so warm and he hasn't been doing very good. We practiced some commands and then hung out with Robby in the driveway for a while, he just loves lay in the warm sun. I went inside and Karen had put the ivy up on the shelves in my bedroom and bathroom, it looks awesome! Rosa came in and put me to bed after she fed the crew and then got me something to eat just as my mom and Claudia showed up, my aunt and uncle were too tired to play cribbage so just the three of us played. I started falling asleep about the third game so we decided to call it a night, I watched TV for a bit and fell asleep.









 Tuesday was a pretty good day, Today is Stanley's birthday. Cindy came in and fed the fur babies and that fed me, she got me dressed and up in the chair for the day. She stayed here and waited for the AT&T security guy to get here, my alarm system is screwing up. Robby gained 4 pounds and was more like his old self, I was so thrilled! They told me to transition him back to kibble, I was prepared to keep him on the rice and chicken formula for the rest of his life since it's so easy on his stomach but I guess the doctors talked about it and think it's better that he eats kibble. We cruised down to the beginning of the wharf and back. I got Dude and took him for a cruise through Depot Park, to the end of the wharf and back… The guys at the wharf just adore Dude and they all yell "Dude!!" and drop what they're doing to come over and say hello, he just loves the attention. We cruised down to the end of the boardwalk and then down to the end of the wharf and back and home, the weather was so beautiful!  Adela and her sister came in and cleaned and swept out my garage… It looked really awesome! Omar came in and cleaned up the yard and it also looked awesome! Rosa came in and fed everybody and then put me to bed, I'm still really bloated and uncomfortable so when I feel like that all I want to do is sleep so I watched TV and fell asleep as fast as I could… It's a lot easier to fall asleep with my CPAP machine on.
























 Wednesday was a really nice day. Karen came in and we did some personal care and a nice long spearmint bath, it felt so good! I took Robby for a cruise through Depot Park, down to the front of the wharf, down in front of the boardwalk and then home. He immediately went to the couch and was looking out the window, his favorite thing to do. Dude and I took off for a long cruise through Depot Park where I ran into a lady that I met named Liz and her adorable little dog Pebbles. She was walking through with three or four of her friends so we stopped and visited for a while, such really nice people… I have met her husband Sebastian a couple of times also. We cruised down to the end of the wharf and then back and hung out on the back porch, was such a beautiful day. Rosa came in and fed the crew and then put me to bed at than fed me. I watched a couple of movies, the new Overboard and Life of the Party. I want to try to start to watch a movie every night, I'm trying to keep my focus on one thing at a time… Usually, I'm watching TV, playing on the computer and listening to music. Before I knew it I was out.



























Thursday was a great day. Karen came in and fed everybody, I decided to stay in bed to save my chair and my body for tomorrow, my body is getting old and my chair is on its last wheel. The Woofpack came to get Robby and Karen play with Dude in the yard so I felt a little better about not getting up. I watched the movie I feel pretty with Amy Schumer, was pretty hilarious. I also watched a bunch of catfish: the TV show, I always wonder how people can fall for that online stuff but I know it happens and I guess you never think it's going to happen to you? Today is my niece Corinne's birthday, another event I'm going to miss in Oregon. I'm glad my mom got to go and they are sending me lots of pictures, I can't wait until I can go and visit everyone… I really miss that family and the extended family. Rosa came in and fed everybody and did a couple things around here before she went home. My mom went to Oregon last Tuesday so my aunt has been staying here with me, her and my uncle have been so busy and they just look exhausted at the end of the day.

Friday I thought was going to be a great day.  Today was my nephew David's graduation ceremony, he became a Salem Oregon police officer. He is so handsome and kind and is going to make an awesome police officer! I was so sorry I couldn't be there but my brother and my mom were sending me pictures, I have such an awesome family! Daniel finally came by from Numotion to fix my new chair but unfortunately, he needs one more part to make it work so he took it into the shop and now I have to wait for that. He also deemed my old chair undrivable and unfixable because the whole base of the chair is broken, he suggested that I didn't get in it but if I just need to get out of bed just cruise around the house and make sure I have somebody who can come and put me to bed if it stops working. I had planned to go to the food lounge downtown and the concert on the beach, tonight was  Blue Oyster Cult. I did finally ride my FES exercise cycle and that felt great, I'm going to try to do five minutes every morning and every night. I also worked with due to a lot in the yard, he is so smart! Teresa came in and fed everybody and then put me to bed and then fed me. I was really bummed about my chair so I just wanted to be alone, I feel bad when I'm really cranky and there are people around trying to help me. I watched TV until I eventually fell asleep.



























Saturday was kind of a miserable day. I decided not to get up because I was so bloated and just felt miserable, I think it's from my old chair and not sitting up straight. I wanted to just get up long enough to ride my FES exercycle but Cindy was going to a party and wasn't going to have time to put me in bed, I can only stay up for a couple of hours in my new chair and my old chair is just too uncomfortable and I can only drive it around the house because it could break down at any minute… If it didn't break down there's nobody to put me back to bed so I guess here I stay. I emailed the Woofpack yesterday and asked them if they could take Dude today as well as Robby because I feel really bad when the boys don't get exercise. Dude has so much energy and I think it will be good for him to go once a week to the play dates. I was really worried because Dude gets so wound up and loves to find step outside to eat, including poop… I warned them about it and they said that they have dealt with puppies like that before so I felt better. About halfway through the day they texted me and said dude was doing great and everybody loved him, I'm not really surprised about that because he is quite the clown. They said he had a couple of energy spurts and ran around the yard like crazy but he was doing good. I think I'm going to let them take him every Saturday, I think it will be really good for him. Theresa came in and fed everybody and repotted some of the plants outside, barbecue season is almost over but I hope to have a couple parties before winter. When I feel miserable I want to do is sleep and I think I slept most of the day and all through the night.





 Sunday is going to be another miserable day. I just feel so bloated and the top of my stomach was hurting really bad so again I decided to not get up. Cindy came in and fed the fur babies and I couldn't really eat so I just had some tea. I texted Theresa to see if she can come in early and do some personal care and maybe I will feel better, she agreed and I think I fell asleep as soon as she turned me on my side and when I woke up she had the sling under me and ready to take a bath. I felt a little bit better after and ate some fish and yellow squash. I slept pretty good and felt a lot better, I watched a movie called bad Samaritan and then fell asleep.

1 comment:

betty said...

Glad Dude got to go and have some fun with the Wolf Pack! I'm sure he enjoyed it.How neat your nephew is a police man! Wishing him a good career!

betty