Tuesday, July 31, 2018

It looks like it's going to be another hot week in Santa Cruz…

Monday was a nice relaxing day. Karen came in and we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath, I decided to stay in bed and catch up on my blog and edit my pictures. The Woofpack came to get Robby and Dude and I stayed home, it was a long day and by the time I would've gotten up it would be too hot to cruise around with Dude… Tomorrow Cindy can take me over to pet smart to get dude some boots so his feet don't get hot. The day went by fast and I just edited my pictures and watch TV all day. Rosa came in and fed the crew and then fed me and there wasn't much else to do. I was asleep before she left but woke up again when my mom came down to take the boys out for their final potty break, she usually comes down about 11:30 PM and I think I was awake until Cindy came in at 7:30 AM.





Tuesday was another nice relaxing day. Cindy came in and fed the crew and then fed me. I was going to get up and then procrastinated and then decided not to, the rest of the week I have to get up because I have appointments so this is going to be my only chance to rest and stay in bed. I always go back and forth but once I decided to stay in bed I felt a lot better. And it's a good thing I did because I got a lot hotter a lot quicker than I thought. I felt a little bad for dude having to lay around again but he seemed to be really tired and pretty much stayed in his kennel all day. Rosa came in and fed the crew and then fit me. I feel guilty sometimes when I stay in bed but after I make the decision to stay in bed I feel so at ease and comfortable, some of my caregivers and family feel sorry for me or think that there's something wrong when I say a bad but sometimes it's just so nice… I don't know how to explain it to them because they can go home and take a nap whenever they want, I know they understand. I watched TV and listen to music until I fell asleep.

Wednesday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and fed the crew and then we did some personal Care and a nice long hot bath. Karen got me dressed and up in my chair and I took Robby for a cruise through Depot Park, down to the entrance of the wharf, down in front of the boardwalk and back and then home. I took Dude and we went for a nice long cruise down to the end of the wharf and back. We cruised home and I saw my mom and Adela across the street checking out my aunt's guard, she has the most amazing guard I have ever seen and they just love to share their garden with everybody else. Adela was so amazed and having such a good time getting fresh vegetables out of the garden, it was so cool to watch! Adela is so sweet and so appreciative of everything in life, it's like watching somebody appreciate the garden for the first time. She and her husband have almost become like family, I am so honored to have them in my life. Rosa came in and after she fed the fur crew she put me to bed and then fed me. I listen to music for a while, watched lip-synch battle… I love that show! And then fell asleep.

























Thursday was a really good day. Karen came in and got me up in the Woofpack came to get Robby, while it's so hot he's only going on half day hikes. Of course, now it's cooling down but that's the way things always go. Dude and I took off through depot part, down to the wharf and then downtown for my hair appointment with Jessica, she is slowly lightning my hair so I really like that. I finally found someone who does my hair perfectly. We cruised back through Depot Park and down to the end of the wharf and back and then came back home to hang out with Robby for a while before Rosa came in. Rosa fed the boys and girl and then put me to bed and then fed me. I watched TV for a while and then fell asleep.




















Friday was a busy but awesome day. Karen came in and we did some personal and of course a nice long hot bath. She got me dressed and up in my chair and I took Robby out for a short cruise and then came back and got to and we set out for my facial appointment with Jennifer, the girls in there always go crazy over Dude so after my appointment is finished I usually release them so they can say hello. We cruised down to the end of the wharf and back and down to the end of the boardwalk and back and then home. I left Dude here and took Robby down to his vet appointment, it's time for his heartworm test. He seems to be doing really well and is even putting on a little weight, he was getting really skinny in through his hips. I brought Robby back and Theresa came in to feed me and the crew so I could go to the concert on the beach, the Fixx was playing tonight. Again I almost talked myself out of going, I don't know why I always do that, but again I made myself go and I am so glad… It was an awesome show! Trish and her friend showed up just in time because it was about to start. While waiting for the concert I started talking to this guy, he was really sweet and telling me all about his life. I'm trying to work on my conversation skills, mostly my listening skills because whenever our question pops into my head I want to get it out before I forget and sometimes it's in the middle of someone's sentence. I think I did pretty good because he didn't run away LOL. After the concert while we were walking home Trish asked me if I needed anything tie-dyed, they are going to this place where you can do your own tie-dye… I bought a couple of onesies for a friend who's having a baby and I bought white and then found out they were having a boy so she's going to tie-dye them for me, I don't think white is a very good color for a baby? Theresa put me to bed and I was pretty tired and fell right to sleep.







Saturday was a really relaxing day. I'm starting to develop a pressure so probably from the heat and being up in my chair so long so I decided to stay in bed. A representative from Canine Companions for Independence that just moved into this area wanted to come and meet me and I was going to get up just to meet her but I decided I better not. Cindy came in and fed the crew and I and the rest of the day I just relaxed and watched TV. Margaret and the puppy she's raising Venice or Benice, I couldn't really understand which one it was, I was telling her about the problems that I have been helping and that people have been asking me about around here lately, with fraudulent service animals. Each time I get frustrated and feel defeated and give up but this time I'm not going to do it. When I was talking to Trish on the way home from the concert last night she said that she would start a petition with me and pass out literature at the farmers market… I'm so excited about this! She said she had a lot of literature about fraudulent service dogs and since she lives in this area she knows her to get the accurate laws for service dogs in Santa Cruz. Theresa came in and after she fed the crew made some more food for Robby, did some laundry and maybe something to eat. I was pretty much asleep before she left.

Sunday was another nice relaxing day. Cindy came in and fed everybody and took inventory of my refrigerator and freezer. Heather and Mariposa are coming over for a barbecue tomorrow and they're coming by today to see what I have and decide what we want to eat. This is going to be the first time in a long time, maybe even this summer, that will be able to use the barbecue. I decided to stay in bed one more day hoping my pressure sore will be healed enough to get up tomorrow. Theresa came in and fed everybody and I just watch TV and listen to music for a while until I drifted off.




























2 comments:

betty said...

I think if you had something tied dyed for the baby it would come out really good! Babies seem to go through so much clothes when they are young it really doesn't matter what color it is as long as it is clean :)

betty

chippertue said...

That's true, I was just so glad I didn't have to give them a white jumpsuit; White NEVER stays white...