Tuesday, July 24, 2018

A cooler quieter week…

Monday was a really good day. Karen came in and fed the crew at that we did some personal care at a nice long hot essential oil bath, it was perfect! The Woofpack came to get Robby so after Karen got me dressed and updated by chair Dude and I took off for a cruise through Depot Park, to the end of the wharf at back, to the end of the boardwalk at back then home just in time to welcome Robby back and hang out in the driveway for a while before Rosa came in. She fed the fur crew and it put me to bed and got me something to eat. I listen to music and edited pictures for a while before I drifted off.




















Tuesday was another pretty good day. Cindy came in and got the crew fed, fed me and got me dressed and up in my chair. My friend Lisa asked me to bring the boys to where she lives to do a demonstration for some of the kids, she and Riggy hang out with these kids a lot and teach them all about people with different abilities and service animals. The kids were also adorable and were really well behaved during the whole demonstration, we let them walk the dogs around a little bit and then we all went outside for group pictures… And then of course snacks and drinks. Cindy, the boys and I went to Lisa's place to hang around for a while and catch up, it seems like forever since I had seen her it was so nice to spend some time with her. Cindy and I left with the boys that stopped by Togo's to get the pastrami sandwich on a bagel roll and then stop by to pick up Rosa at her house and then headed back home. Rosa put me to bed and then went home, she had a really bad headache. I watched TV for a while and they drifted off to sleep.












Wednesday was a pretty good day. Susan came in and I got a nice long two-hour massage, it felt so great! Karen came in and we did some personal care and a nice hot steaming bath… I  always feel so great after. I decided to stay in bed because I was getting so late, by the time I get up and run around for a while it's time to go back to bed. it's going to be a very long busy weekend so it's nice to stay in bed one day and just rest. Rosa came in and fed everybody and then put me to bed and fed me. I watch TV for a while and that was it.


Thursday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and fed the crew then fed me, got me dressed in up in my chair and dude and I took off for my appointment with Carol downtown, Robby went out with the Woofpack. I realized on the way down there that it has been a month since I have seen Carol and so much has happened, my session always goes by really fast if I haven't seen her for a while. Dude and I cruised down through Depot Park, down to the end of the wharf and back, down to the end of the boardwalk and back then home in time to greet Robby and hang out in the yard for a while, the weather has been really nice. Rosa came in and fed everybody and put me to bed and I just listen to music for a while, the Los Lonely Boys are playing at the free concert on the beach tomorrow night and I'm still trying to decide if I want to go… They sound pretty good!

Friday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and for the crew and then we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath. She got me dressed and up in my chair and I took Robby for cruise third Depot Park to the wharf and then over to the boardwalk and back, he has good days and bad days and today was a good day. I left Robby on the Chase in the living room looking out the window, his favorite thing to do now, and I took Dude out for a cruise. Pretty much the same cruise except we went up on Westcliff a little bit. I'm still in my old chair so I don't really trust it much and it wobbles back and forth a lot. I was back here at about 1 PM to meet Mariposa for my acupuncture appointment.  I hung around until 4 PM and waited for Theresa to come in and get me something to eat and leave the dogs here so I can go to the concert. she was running late so as usual, I was trying to talk myself out of going, I don't know why I do that. While we were at the grocery store Mariposa texted me and said that you would like to go to the concert so I decided to go and I'm glad I didn't because it was awesome! They put on such a good show I wish I could've stayed for the second showing but I told Teresa I would be back by 8 PM, maybe next time. I haven't been to that 8:30 PM showing yet but I hear that they play a lot longer and the lights look awesome. I came back home and Theresa put me to bed and eventually fell asleep. My Google glass is still not working so I'll try plugging it in the wall and see if that helps.

Saturday was a pretty good day. I got in so late last night and I'm going to do the wharf to wharf on Sunday so I decided to stay in bed again and rest up, I was so tired this morning. Cindy came in and fed everybody, and then fed me. We decided to go through my shelf of medical equipment and see what still works and what doesn't, to my surprise everything worked. I have a suction machine for secretions, the cough assist machine, nebulizer and a defib unit. I always forget to use them but I really need to start, especially the little breathing machine where you try to keep the little balls in the air… It's supposed to strengthen your breathing. Theresa came in and fed the hungry crew and got me something to eat, this is the second night in a row I've had Chinese food because it's fast and I had plans. My uncle, my aunt, Claudia and my mom and I played cribbage. We usually play on Mondays but my aunt and uncle have plans and since I just stayed in bed we figured we might as well. I started out with five dollars and I ended up with one, I got skunked one time.



 Sunday was a great day. Cindy came in early to get me up so I could do the Wharf to Wharf race, identity every year for about four or five years and usually, I have somebody to go with me but since I didn't the first thing I try to do is talk myself out of it… I don't know why I do this and I really hate it so I'm trying so hard to make myself do it anyway. I am so glad I did it because although I was late, I thought it started at 9 AM but it actually started at 8:30 AM so when I got down there-there was a couple people there that told me just go ahead and you can catch up so I did. I met so many really nice people, a couple people came up to me and asked if I have done it before because they remembered me. This was Dudes first Wharf to Wharf race. I got stuck once when I pulled off to the side really quick because emergency vehicles were coming up behind me and somebody immediately came to push me up the little hill. When I got to the end of the race I was standing on the sidewalk right before the sand, you have to go down on the sand today your T-shirt/gift bag, and after a couple of minutes a lady came up and asked if I would like her to go get my gift bag for me… So sweet! She got it for me and then I went over by the gazebo and listen to music, they are a really good band and the dancing guy that I have seen at several other events. I texted Cindy and she made it over as close as she could with my van and then I went to meet her. It's only noon and I already had such an awesome day! I came back and rested for a while and then went for a cruise with Dude down to the wharf and cruised up and down a couple times. Theresa was going to come in and get me and take me shopping but I guess you decided to hang around here and do a few things first, I texted her a couple of times but my phone was dying. Since it was so crowded at the wharf I asked her to come and pick me up at the ballpark but never got an answer. I texted Karen and my mom both and told them my phone was dying but I needed to get a hold of Theresa and have her come and pick me up at depot Park because now my chair is dying and I don't think I could make it home, I'd rather stay there where I know there's shade because it's getting warmer. Finally, Theresa came to pick me up and we went shopping and then she put me to bed and fed the troops and then fed me. I fell asleep right away but woke up when my mom came down to let the boys out for their final call. I stayed awake for the rest of the night ending my pictures and catching up on my blog.





























































































































1 comment:

betty said...

Glad you did the walk, Tammie! It looked like a fun thing to participate in!

betty