Saturday, June 30, 2018

Okay here's the really hot summer weather

Monday was a really great day. My 57th birthday! I can't believe I'm almost 60 years old and I'm so glad that I don't feel it. Karen came in and we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath. Karen got me dressed and up in my chair and Robby took off with his hiking group. I cruise Dude through Depot Park, down Westcliff Drive a little bit, down to the end of the wharf and back and home. I rested for a while and then my brother Stanley took my mom and me out to see a movie, incredible's 2 and then out to eat at the Hindquarters Restaurant, he and his wife Janet took my mom and me there a couple of Christmases ago and it was awesome! I have the best family in the world. I got text's Facebook messages, phone calls from almost everyone in my family and it was just the best feeling ever! We came back and Rosa put me to bed and I just rested at the end of the evening. My favorite thing to do after I go to bed is to read all of my Facebook posts, emails, and texts from everybody that wished me a Happy Birthday. I never really thought of myself as a person that people noticed but when I get all of these greetings on one day it's just incredible!

Tuesday was a pretty good day. Cindy came in and fed the fur babies and then fed me and got me up and in my chair. Robby and I took off for our 3-mile cruise and then I came back to get Dude for our cruise, the day went by really fast but it was really nice and before I knew it we were back home hanging out in the front yard and waiting for Rosa. Rosa fed everybody and then put me to bed and that was pretty much all I remember.

Wednesday was a pretty busy day, as usual, Susan came in and gave me a two-hour massage and then Karen came in and we did some personal care, a hot bath and she got me dressed in a chair. Since it was such a busy day I just decided to stay in bed. Mariposa came in around 2 PM for some acupuncture and then Rosa was here shortly after to feed everyone.

Thursday was another really busy day. Karen came in and got me dressed and up in my chair it was nice to be able to cruise around for a little bit with Dude, the Woofpack came to get Robby. Dude and I took off downtown for my appointment with Carol, my psychologist. I was thinking last night about how far I have come since I have met her, used to be a frustrated, anxious person who tried to take on everybody's problems and are really trying to let everything go. Most of the problem is I have so much idle time sitting or laying around thinking, I am my own worst enemy. After my appointment with Carol, we went for a cruise down to the end of the work back and then to Dudes appointment at the vet to get a couple of maintenance shots. We cruised back home and hung out in the driveway with Robby for a while until Rosa came in to feed everybody and put me to bed. Some nights I can sleep really easily and then other nights I just can't seem to go sleep at all and nothing helps, I watch TV for a while and finally drifted off.

Friday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and got me up and I took Robby for a cruise through Depot Park, to the wharf and over in front of the boardwalk. We do that every morning that Robby doesn't go play with the pack, it's exactly 3 miles. I can see him getting old and it really breaks my heart, I think he's also losing his hearing. He likes to stay in the living room so he can get on the couch and look out the window, is always much cooler in there and he has a much thicker coat than Dude. If there's going to be somebody here, a caregiver or Omar, he likes to just hang out in the yard… I wish I could just leave them in the yard all day but I would be a nervous wreck just knowing he was by himself. After we came back I took Dude and we went for a cruise through Depot Park, down to the end of the work and back, through the boardwalk and back, down to the end of the work again and back home. I'm getting a lot more confident that Dude is not going to poop in public, a couple times he has pulled me over to the side when there is a flower bed so he could go… I'm so proud of my brilliant little boy. I rested for a bit and played in the yard with the boys until it was time to go to the free concert on the beach, the motels were playing and it was just really nice to be out and about by myself… Not having to worry about watching out for off-leash dogs and such. When I got home from the concert Theresa was here to put me to bed, it was a really long day and I was exhausted so I slept well.

Saturday was a pretty good day although it got very hot! Cindy came in and got me up and since the Woofpack came to get Robby Dude and I went for a cruise with Trish and Mr. bean Through Depot Park, down to the wharf, across the front of the boardwalk, across the bridge to East Cliff, down the reservoir, through town and back home. I decided not to go to the Woodie's on the wharf because it was so hot and dude was already dancing around a little bit because of the hot asphalt, time to break out the doggy tennis shoes. We just came back home and waited for Robby and just enjoy the rest of the day. Theresa came in and fed everyone and put me to bed, I was still a little bit wound up so I didn't sleep very good or very much but I watched a lot of TV.


Sunday was going to be a really cold day so I just decided to stay in bed and relax, I was really tired but couldn't go to sleep so I pretty much watch TV all day. Theresa came in and fed the fur crew and then fed me and it was just another long night of watching TV.

1 comment:

betty said...

Happy belated birthday, Tammie!! You certainly don't look like you turned 57 years old!

betty