Saturday, June 23, 2018

My birthday week…

Monday was a really good day, nice and relaxing. I decided to save it because I knew it was going to be a long week. Karen came in and after feeding all the kids we did some personal care and of course a nice long hot relaxing bath. I rested pretty much all day until Rosa came in to feed the crew, shuffle me around a little bit and then fed me. I was pretty much out before she left.

Tuesday was another great day. Cindy came in and got me up and I took Robby for a cruise through Depot Park, over to the wharf, down to the end of the boardwalk and back… That is exactly 3 miles. My aunt brought Gunner over for a visit, him and Dude have so much fun playing and running around the yard. Later on this week we are going to try to take both puppies out for a cruise. Rosa came in and put me to bed and fed everybody, there are no pictures from Google Glass to edit so I pretty much just watched TV until I fell asleep.


Wednesday was a really relaxing day. Susan came in to give me a two-hour massage, it was so relaxing! Karen came in and we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath. By the time we finished all that I decided to just stay in bed because Mariposa was coming over at 2 PM to do some acupuncture. It's starting to get really hot outside so normally if I'm not up by 11 AM it's really not worth getting up. Rosa came in and fed everybody and put me to bed. I watched TV for a while and then fell asleep.

Thursday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and got me dressed and up in my chair after feeding the fur babies. The Woofpack came to get Robby for his Cruz with the pack and Dude and I took off downtown for my appointment with my psychologist Carol. After my appointment, we cruised back so the boys could play in the yard for a while and then it just got too hot so we came inside and waited for Rosa.  I have an appointment with Dude to get a couple more of his shots and I wanted to clear Robby's new menu with the doctor. Rosa came in and fed everybody and then put me to bed, I was really exhausted!

Friday was a really great day! Karen came in and we did some personal care and a nice relaxing bath. She got me dressed up in my chair and I took Robby out for about a 3-mile cruise and then came back and took Dude out for a little bit. Heather, Mariposa, Alex, and Sandra were going to come over and cook dinner and go to the Berlin concert, the first series of bands on the beach. It was really nice to see everyone, I can't believe how much I miss them all. The only one that I haven't met before is Sondra and she is the sweetest thing ever! So funny and so thoughtful, she brought me a big bag with a purse that she made, lots of bath salts… It looked like just a big nice relaxing night. Alex stuffed turkey breast with guacamole and wrapped it with bacon, it was amazing! Heather whipped up a salad and some dressing and Sandra brought over some killer salsa. we went down to see the concert and had really great seats right up front, it's nice to have the new chair that I can lift into the air a little bit and see over everybody. We came back and had some chocolate chia putting in some fruit and chatted for a while. Everyone left and Theresa put me to bed, such a great day!






Saturday was another great day. Cindy came in and got me up and I took off with Robby for a cruise through Depot Park, the beginning of the wharf and then over in front of the boardwalk and back. I dropped off Robby and got dude and we went for a nice long cruise the rest of the day, it's starting to get a little hot around here so I need to break out Dudes tennis shoes and get him used to wearing them. Theresa came in and fed everyone and put me to bed and fed me, she made me some beef stew and it was really awesome! She is a fantastic cook! I listen to one of my audiobooks and fell asleep.

Sunday was another really great day. Father's Day! We have a lot of birthdays around Father's Day so it's always been a really nice big happy party. My cousin is still in a care facility in Los Gatos so we went there to spend the day with him, he looked really good and he was so happy. All of his children were there as well as his mom and dad and Stanley and I. My aunt and uncle cooked up this killer dinner of ribs, potato and pasta salad and all kinds of vegetables and fruit. The weather was perfect and we had a really nice day. We came home and Theresa was here doing laundry and stuff so she put me to bed and I was out almost immediately.

1 comment:

betty said...

It did sound like you had a nice week Tammie. You'll have to let us know how Dude does with his tennis shoes. Its so hot here in summer I often wonder how the dogs do that I see out and about walking with their owners midday when it is close to or even higher than 100 degrees temperature.

betty