Monday, January 24, 2022

I finally get my new bed and get my FES exercise cycle working…

  Monday was a great day. Karen came in and fed the hungry hound, then fed me. When we got together on Christmas, my FES exercise cycle was; I moved, and we turned it on the next day. It was just a blank screen, so I called to make an appointment for restorative therapies to have someone from the tech department call back and troubleshoot; I wanted to make sure Karen was here if we needed us to push buttons… I'm pretty sure they will. When Karen came in and turned it on, it worked perfectly; isn't that how it always goes?? I d have a question; when I peddling, there's a picture of a lady riding a bike but, going she is is going backward, and we can't figure out how to fix that and make her go forward. After you ride it for 15 minutes, the lady starts paddling forward; we didn't know that because a couple of times I started riding for five minutes and after a couple of days got a pressure sore, the lady began peddling forward; we didn't know that because a couple of times I started riding for five minutes and got a pressure sore after a couple of days. After taking me to tech support, Karen got me dressed then up in my chair. Dude and I took off for a nice long cruise around Depo park; there is still a homeless encampment so, I'm trying to go around it so that Dude doesn't get attacked by a dog. We cruised down to the end of the boardwalk and back, practiced some commands, then cruised down to the end of the wharf and back. When we got home, I noticed a message from Elena letting me know that a couple of the tree trunks we have in the front yard, Omar hollowed them out to make planters, were rotten and falling apart… Luckily Omar works at the wharf and can grab me a couple more if we choose to do. I tilted back for a while and watched TV until Rachel came in; after she fed the hungry hound, she put me to bed then fed me. I happened to notice when she was putting me to bed that when she bent me over to put the sling on, I saw underneath my chair was filthy, so I asked her to wipe it down; she did such a great job! It looked like a new chair! Rachel cleaned up and then went home and, I spent the rest of the evening editing pictures and watching TV. Eventually, I fell asleep.























 Tuesday was a pretty good day. Cindy came in and fed the hungry little guy, fed me, then got me dressed and up in my chair. We took off to run some errands; the first stop was Safeway to pick up mine and my mom's prescriptions; the next stop was Costco to get some gloves and a backup drive for my new computer… We found one with 5 TB. We talked about Chinese food, and Cindy said that the best Chinese food she ever had was in Scotts Valley, so we decided to drive out there and get some chow mein, lemon chicken, and egg rolls… We brought it back here to eat it so we wouldn't be late when Joy comes to take Dude for a  cruise. The Chinese food was delicious! We decided to get one plate and split it so I wouldn't overeat and get my blood sugar too high. Cindy went home, and I visited with Joy for a while. Then after she left, I watched TV until Rachel came in. Rachel came in and fed the hungry knucklehead, put me to bed, then fed me. I was done eating because my blood sugar was really high; later in the evening, I had some Chia pudding with fresh fruit and nuts. Rachel cleaned up the kitchen, dust mopped the floor, put away some clothing that she washed, and went home for the evening. I was so glad to get back into my bed, where I always feel comfy and warm. After Rachel left, my mom came down to show me some pictures of my cousin's hand, a dog went after his fur babies, when he was trying to pull them part he got bit several times, to make matters worse, the dog didn't have any shots so now my cousin has to go and get the rabies shots. Thank goodness it's not as bad as it used to be, I hear it used to be seven excruciating shots in the stomach, but now it's four shots in the arm… Joy said you can wait 10 days, and if the animal lives, it doesn't have rabies, but I don't think you should wait 10 days just in case? My cousin has been through so much in the last couple of years; I don't know how he stays strong; he is fantastic! I watched a movie and then fell asleep.




 Wednesday was a perfect day. Karen came in and fed the hungry little guy, fed me, then we did some personal care and, of course, a nice long hot relaxing bath. She got me dressed and up in my chair, I had a snack, and then we were out of here. We cruised through Depot Park… Actually, around Depot Park because the encampment was still there. I've been reading on the next-door neighborhood website. Many people are annoyed with them moving the encampment to Depot Park; from what I understand, they moved them because they were flooded, so somebody had to make a quick decision. Dude and I cruised over to Cowell Beach, and the waves were amazing! I couldn't stop taking pictures and videos; I wish I could get a picture of Dudes little face staring up at me from my lap when he thinks I'm standing in one place for too long… He also does it when he thinks I'm talking to someone for too long. He is so stinking cute! We didn't make it over to the boardwalk because my personal care took so long I only had a couple of hours to cruise around before Rachel came in. We rolled back, and I kicked back for about 20 minutes before Rachel came in; she fed the knucklehead, put me to bed, then fed me. She cleaned up and then went home. I just edited pictures the rest of the evening, trying to catch up on my blog. I listened to music. I got really sleepy, so I just watched TiVo until I fell asleep.





















Thursday was a great day. Karen came in and fed the hungry hound dog, fed me, then got me dressed and up in my chair. Dude and I took off for a bit of a cruise before they got here at noon to deliver my new hospital bed. I have been waiting for a long time, my old bed I've had for 10 years, and I guess after 10 years, Hill ROM doesn't service your bed anymore… I hope this will last another 10 years. Cindy's godparents will come and get my old bed, her godfather has Alzheimer's, and we share the same caregiver. My caregiver asked if she could have the bed for him, so we just put it outside; for now, I hope it doesn't rain. After the bed came, I decided to stay home, watch TV, listen to music and play games on the computer. Rachel came in, fed Dude, put me to bed, then got me something to eat. She buzzed around doing something; I guess once I get up to my computer and my TV, I would prefer to watch TV or mess around on the computer. After Rachel went home, I watched a movie then listened to music before falling asleep.












 Friday was a long day. Karen came in and fed the hungry hound dog, fed me, then did some personal care in a nice long relaxing bath. She put me back to bed, and I decided to get up even though I only had a couple of hours to cruise around before Rachel came in. Karen got me dressed and took a picture of my toe; she said it looked terrible and I should text it to the visiting nurse, so I did. When she was here on Wednesday, it was warm, red, and swollen, and she said, especially if the red starts crawling up my foot, definitely text her or go to urgent care. I forgot all about my toe and went out for a nice long cruise with Dude; we cruised through Depot Park, down to the end of the boardwalk, and back where they were doing all of the Friday preparations for the boardwalk opening all weekend. Of course, I took way too many pictures because Santa Cruz is just too beautiful not to. We cruised down to the end of the boardwalk and back, where again, I took far too many photos. It was time to go home, so we headed this way; right before Rachel came in, I got home. She fed the hungry hound, and just as she was getting me ready for bed, the visiting nurse texted and said my toe looked awful and I needed to go to urgent care or call 911 and have an ambulance take me to the emergency; I definitely don't want to go to emergency. It's just over two blocks away, but it's up to the big hill, and I don't mind going up in the mountain, but it's freezing outside now. The sidewalk near the top of the mountain is always wet, and I have a feeling it will be slippery, and there's only occurred between the sidewalk and the busy Street. I texted my aunt, and she was upon the hill; I texted Fred, but I never heard from him, so my mom agreed to drive me even though she does not like to drive and can't see at night. Even though we had the GPS going, we still ended up down a really narrow cul-de-sac full of cars, so there wasn't even a place to turn around; we decided to let Rachel drive even though she doesn't have a California driver's license. Of course, after all that, we got up to urgent care, and it was closed; it had closed like 45 minutes before. Another option the visiting nurse gave me was to wait until the morning and go to urgent care, I really didn't want to wait until the morning, but now I don't really have a choice… It was a really long night, and I kept turning on the light and checking my toe. I took a Lorazepam and a THC gummy and eventually fell asleep.
































 Saturday was a good day. Cindy came in and fed my little knucklehead, then got me dressed and up in my chair; since I didn't go to urgent care last night, I was going to leave Cindy and Omar here to straighten out the garage a little and crews up to urgent care, but Cindy said she would take me… I'm actually relieved I don't have to go up there myself. I have never been to urgent care, where it is taken me less than an hour, but today must've been a slow day because I was in and out of there. I always felt lucky because I didn't end up in urgent care like some acquaintances with different abilities. This year has been a wake-up call; I really need to start eating better, exercising, and finding a way to not have so much anxiety and stress. Usually, when I go in there, there's one nurse that always recognizes me; I say recognize me, but I actually mean recognize Dude… It sure helps to have an adorable dog around! She always comes in to say hello; last time I was here, the doctor that I saw was really super friendly, and as I was waiting in the waiting room today, I heard somebody from behind me say, "I just had to come in and say hello and see how you are?" I was thrilled that she remembered me when I turned around and looked, and she was talking to Dude. After my last visit, she actually sent me a note on my health website, I've never had an emergency room doctor send me a message, and it made me feel really good! They gave me a prescription for antibiotics and antibiotic cream; we went to Safeway to pick up the medications and, of course, something for breakfast… I saw the blueberry bagels, and they smelled so good I had to get a couple of those. We got some different pastries and then headed back home. It's always great to come back home; I'm afraid they will send me to the hospital when I go to urgent care because it is usually MRSA… The doctor said she thinks that's what it is this time also. We had come back home to find all of the Christmas decorations packed up and back in storage for another year, and it always looks so bare inside and out when the decorations are come down and go back to storage. I just kick back the rest of the day and watch TV with my toe in the air. Rachel came in and fed the hungry little guy, put me to bed, then fed me. I'm sure my blood sugar was a little high because of the blueberry bagel, but the bagel was so delicious! I think that's my new bad obsession, too bad I only got two of them. I decided to just have some chia pudding with fruit and nuts, and it was delicious! My Oregon family had a baby shower for Corrine, and my brother sent me some pictures; every time I see photos of their parties, I wish I could be there. My dream is to start saving money for a down payment on a house in Salem, Oregon; the down payment is the most challenging part… Actually, saving money is the hardest part, but that's my goal for this year. Rachel went home, and I listened to music while I edited some pictures until I got sleepy, then I watched TV until I fell asleep.


















 Sunday was a nice relaxing day. Cindy came in and fed the hungry hound got me something to eat. She put away some supplies, straightened out the garage then went home. At noon Karen came in and fed the hungry hound got me something to eat, then we did some personal care and a hot relaxing bath. After that, it's always going back to bed, having dinner after she feeds Dude, she cleans up and then goes home. The first hour or so after getting back in bed, I always love to play Candy crash, I think in my mind it helps me to relax, but basically, I'm kind of waiting for my caregiver to go out of the room so I can catch up on my blog. I wish I could get caught up because it's getting harder and harder to remember what I do during the day; at the end of the day, I didn't know getting old would be such a challenge. I watched a movie and then fell asleep.

No comments: