Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Visiting nurse visiting again...

 Monday was a nice relaxing day. Karen came in and fed the hungry little guy, then took him out to go potty. We started personal care and then a nice long hot bath, personal care really wore me out, plus it's raining outside, so I think I'm just going to go back to bed and stay there where it's nice and warm, and I can watch movies all day. I watched a movie with Tom Hanks called significantly; I remember watching it before, but I didn't remember how funny it was. I listened to some music while I edited some pictures, and then when I started feeling a little drowsy, I took a nap. Rachel came in and fed the hungry hound, took him for a nice long walk, cleaned up, and then went home. The rest of the evening, I watched cheaters and a 90-day fiancé before I fell asleep.











 Tuesday was a pretty good day. Cindy came in and fed the hungry knucklehead, fed me, then we waited for the visiting nurse to come so she could look at the sore on my bottom. There's one particular place on my butt where I get a pressure sore, and as soon as it's almost gone, it comes right back, I'm trying to get it healed enough so I can get on my exercise cycle, but it just keeps coming back so I'm hoping the visiting nurse can help me get rid of it. Now I'm getting one on the knuckle on my toe and on the side of my foot. After the nurse left, Cindy got me dressed and up in my chair. Cindy stayed and cleaned everything up, and Dude and I took off for a nice long cruise. We cruised through Depot Park, down to the end of the boardwalk where we practiced some commands, then back, down to the end of the wharf, and then home. I never get tired of this beautiful city! We cruised back home, and I tilted back in my chair to rest for a while before Rachel came in; she fed the hungry little guy, put me to bed, then fed me. She cleaned up, mopped, wiped everything down then went home. I played candy crush, watched the movie, listened to music, and edited pictures until I fell asleep.



Wednesday was a good day. Susan came in to give me an hour massage; I sure needed that! Whenever we have cold weather now, I get a pinched nerve on the back of my shoulder, and it is just so annoying. If I could just get rid of these pressure sores and get on my exercise cycle, I could also exercise my arms, which would help tremendously. During the day, as I'm cruising around approximately every hour, I have to lean back for 15 minutes to change my weight distribution on my butt, and I do some arm exercises. I also have Alexa remind me at 3 PM and 9 PM to do my exercises for my neck and shoulders. I'm trying to get into better habits, I'm also trying to meditate more, and I somehow want to try to work in an audiobook for about an hour before I go to sleep. Karen came in, and we did some personal care and a nice long hot relaxing bath; it was getting pretty late in the day, so I decided to just stay in bed and try to catch up on my blog. I think I am only about a week away from getting caught up now. The day went by pretty fast, and before I knew it, Rachel came in, fed the hungry hound dog, and then took him out for a nice little walk. When they got back, she got me something to eat and cleaned up before she went home. The rest of the evening, I actually went on Facebook and answered some messages and, of course, played some games before I fell asleep.


 Thursday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and fed the hungry knucklehead, fed me, then got me dressed up in my chair. Dude and I took off for a nice long cruise around Santa Cruz; I get so nervous anymore going through Depot Park because I'm afraid an unleashed dog will come and attack Dude… I understand that they are needed for protection, and they probably help with depression and anxiety, but can you please keep them on a leash?? I guess I'm just a routine kind of person, and I'm used to going through Depot Park, but now they have the Covid testing truck because of the homeless encampment. We cruised down to Cowell Beach, down to the end of the boardwalk and back, down to the end of the wharf and back, and then down to the end of the boardwalk and back again before we had to come home. The weather starting to get really nice, and this is the season that I really don't like to go home; sometimes, I just want to be a grown-up and stay up late… I hardly ever get pictures of what the boardwalk and the wharf look like at night with all the lights. I should just have my caregiver come in later once in a while to cruise around at night. I tilted back in my chair and watched TV for a time until Rachel came in; she fed the hungry pooch, put me to bed, and then fed me. I listened to some music and edited pictures while she did a couple loads of laundry, cleaned up, and then went home. I watched a movie and then watched some TiVo until I fell asleep.



















 Friday was another great day; nowadays, any day I can get up and spend some time outdoors with my faithful companion is a great day! Karen came in and fed the hungry guy and then fed me; we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath. Since I started drinking a lot more water and trying to eat better personal, care is not taking near as long as it used to; these days, I seem to be up and out of here by noon. I hope the visiting nurse came in and changed my SP tube, and I can get them to go in and change it every month so I don't have to go back to the doctor's office. II haven't quite figured out if they're going to come back every month or if they're just going to come back every month. I have visiting nurses coming to my home. She got me dressed and up in my chair, and Dude and I took off for a cruise over to the wharf, down to the end of the boardwalk and back, down to the end of the waterfront, and back and then home. It looks like everybody's getting ready for the boardwalk to be open not only during the weekends but during the week; I can remember when they start opening up the boardwalk every day for the summer, but I can't wait, and I hope it's not going to be a scorching one because the days that it gets over 80° are the days that I have to come back home really early. When it's beautiful out, I don't come home until I have to, usually right before my caregiver comes in. I decided to try and get rid of some of my emails; I have so many that I just haven't been able to even look at them for a while. I don't want to just erase them because I'm hoping to cut down how many I get, so I like to go through each one, and if it's not one that I want to get again, I unsubscribe and then delete it, right now I have over 9000 and is just overwhelming. I ended up just deleting most of them without even looking and when to try to get in there every day and whittle the new ones down; hopefully, if I work on them every day when I get into bed, I can keep it down right manageable. Rachel came in and fed the hungry little guy, put me to bed, and then fed me. Once I get up to my computer, I don't really pay that much attention to anything else, still trying to catch up on my blog, keep my emails under control, and every once in a while, I go on Facebook to see what's new on there. I meditated and then watched TV until I fell asleep.





























 Saturday was another pretty good day. Cindy came in and fed the hungry mongrel, fed me, then got me dressed and up in my chair. It was such a beautiful day, and I couldn't wait to get out there with my sidekick to cruise around and take pictures. Of course, before we did, we had a little photo shoot on the bed; I love this little guy! We took off towards the ocean, my happy place! We cruised down to Cowell Beach. I took a bunch of pictures then went over to the boardwalk to take even more photos; sometimes, while I'm taking pictures or talking to somebody, I look down at my lap, and there is Dude with his chin on the side of my leg just looking up at me like "can we go now?" Sometimes I get so involved in taking pictures I forget that we are out here to cruise around and expend some energy; Dudes doing really good with his weight, so I'm trying to go anywhere from three to 3 to 8 miles a day. When I first got Robby, I felt like I had to go 5 to 10 miles a day to keep him in shape; I can't wait until the summer so we can cruise all around and explore.When the weather's nice, we usually have a puppy play date at least once a week; I just love watching the puppies play as we all sit around and chat. I love seeing some of the bicycles, scooters, wheelchairs that people built or modified… Some really creative people live around here! Some guy built his son a little car; it was so cool! He had it tied up at the bike rack in front of Neptune's kingdom. It's getting late, so we better cruise on back home. We got home, and I rested and watched TV until Rachel came in; she fed the hungry hound dog, put me to bed, then fed me… The rest of the evening until she went home was just a blur; once I get up to my computer, all my mind is focusing on for the rest of the evening. Usually, when I'm asleep, I wake up when my caregivers leave; I think that's my favorite part of the evening because I know that I will be by myself until at least 10 PM when my mom comes to take the little guy out one last time for the night… After my mom takes Dude out, I can do whatever I want until my caregivers come in the following day. Sometimes I do on-and-off, but it is usually around 2 AM when I fall asleep. I watched a movie and then fell asleep.










Sunday was another day like every Sunday. Karen came in and fed Dude, got me something to eat, and then we did some personal care and a nice long hot relaxing bath. I love just going back to bed and relaxing the rest of the day; I feel so fresh, clean, and relaxed… Where usually done by about 4 PM, after Karen leaves I have the whole rest of the evening to myself, no evening caregiver. I am really grateful for my caregivers but I really do love my alone time. I played some candy crush, I keep saying I'm going to stop playing because I would get so much other stuff done. I decided to just delete all of my emails and start over trying to keep it down to get rid of unwanted emails. Clean slate! I listen to some music until I fell asleep.

No comments: