Thursday, January 6, 2022

Karen on vacation, it's going to be a long week…

 Monday was a nice relaxing day. Karen came in and fed the hungry hound, put me to bed, got me something to eat than we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath. She put me back to bed, and I slept most of the afternoon. I can't believe I forgot to take any pictures last night; I was so excited about seeing them and going to dinner that I totally forgot. I found many more gorgeous photos of the Santa Cruz area, so I just posted them; I can't get enough of this beautiful town. I'm really hoping I can save up enough money this year to put a down payment on a new place in Oregon so my mom and I can be close to my older brother's family when we want to, it seems like every time I get enough money saved something happens, and I need to spend it. A couple of times, I have wondered what it would be like if I just sold this place and bought a charming home in Oregon, but I just love it here so much, and I like that I have a home that my friends and relatives can come and visit and we can always find something extraordinary to do! I'm going to really try and buckle down and save money. Rachel came in and fed the hungry hound, fed me, and then took Dude out for a nice long cruise. She came back and cleaned up and then left. I fell back to sleep and didn't wake up until the morning; it felt great!


























































Tuesday was a pretty good day. Cindy came in and fed Dude, got me something to eat, then got me dressed and up in my chair. We cruised up to Emily's bakery at the top of the hill to get some of my favorite vegan chocolate loaf, a pecan, and pumpkin pie for Christmas. I have never had pecan pie, so I'm excited to try it. We cruised over to Safeway to pick up some prescriptions and then over to Target to see if I could find a sweater to Ware for Christmas; we were going to go up on the hill, but it's just too cold, windy, and rainy, so we decided to just have it here in my room. It's stunning up on the hill but not really a good place when it's windy and rainy. We cruised back home, and I took Dude out for a cruise while Cindy decorated a little bit more. Many of my collectible glasses seem to have been broken; everybody loves to use them, but then they always get broken, so I decided to just get a bunch of tumblers and hide my souvenir glasses. Everybody was gone when Dude and I got back from our cruise, so we just kicked back and watched TV until Rachel came in. She fed the hungry little guy, put me to bed then fed me. Every year, my older brother and his family do couples gingerbread houses; they get more and more creative every year. They are all fascinating, but part of the thing is we have to judge them and say which we like from 1 to 4, I don't really like it, but I'm always honest… I don't want anybody to get their feelings hurt. I ended some pictures, tried to catch up on my blog, and watched TV until I fell asleep.

















 Wednesday was a pretty good day. Karen came in, and fed Dude fed me, and got me dressed and up in my chair. Dude and I took off for a cruise, I remember going through a crowd, and there was a couple of people that got a little close to my chair, and by the time I got down to Cowell's beach, and I went to take the first picture I figured out that somebody must've knocked into my camera because it was facing the wrong way. It will be really nice just a cruise around and look at everything and not try to line everything up for a picture. Dude will be happy also because I can tell he gets annoyed when I stop all the time to take pictures. We cruised down to the end of the boardwalk and back, down to the end of the wharf and back, and then home. I wanted to stay out and cruise around longer, but it was getting freezing, and it looked like it might even start raining; usually, when it's cold, I always stay out later than I should, and then my neck/shoulders and arms are sore all night long. Luckily Rachel always offers to rub my back with the massage gun, initially it hurts awful, but after she's done, my body is just buzzing, and then eventually, I feel better. Rachel came in and fed the hungry hound, gave me an incredible massage, then put me to bed; I have this being pillow that you put in the microwave, so Rachel put it in the microwave, and it was so relaxing I fell asleep while she was massaging my legs and doing range of motion she set me up to the computer and got me something to eat. With a full belly and now a warm body, it didn't take long for me to fall asleep.






 Thursday was a very productive day. Karen came in and fed the hungry hound dog, bad me and then copy dressed up in my chair. This is Karen's last day before she goes on vacation until December 30; it's going to be pretty rough because I never did find somebody to cover her ships, so I'm going to be staying in bed most of the days. Dude and I took a cruise over to the wharf and back before Andrea came here to help me with the front bedroom; this is the room that I've been looking forward to probably the most because I think it's the room where my caregivers have been shoving things for years. I guess after this bedroom, we're going to do a quick sweep of the garage one more time, the storage shed, and then I think we're done. I'm happy with all the other rooms, but I'm just not satisfied with the garage; I can't believe how much stuff we got rid of, and it still looks so crowded. I didn't realize how good this was going to make me feel, I thought it would be unfortunate to get rid of all that stuff, but I felt a huge relief. We got rid of so much stuff from that room; I can't believe that much stuff was in the room, and it still looked pretty organized. My brother and sister-in-law are going to drive down, and a lot of the things I'm going to let them go through and take what they want, there are lots of brand-new unopened appliances, blankets, T-shirts, and sweatshirts… All brand-new never been used. We emptied a lot of stuff out of that room, and it feels incredible! Andrea went home, and Rachel came in; after she fed Dude, she put me to bed then got me something to eat. I listened to music while I edited pictures, and when I started getting sleepy, I watched a movie until I fell asleep.


 Friday was a long day. Cindy came in and fed our hungry hero, got me something to eat, and we did some personal care than a nice long hot bath. I was exhausted after, so I decided to just stay in bed and recover; it seems like the older I get, the more challenging personal care is on my body, but the nice long hot bath almost always makes everything better. I watched a couple of movies, stole some pictures of my family, and napped on and off all day. I'm really comfortable now, but I know there's going to be a time that I'm going to get really bored staying in bed; it helps a lot that it's cold and rainy outside… I like to stay in bed, open the windows, and just watch and listen to the rain. At least it's not snowing here like the rest of my family is getting; I really don't know what I would do if I lived in a place where the weather was more extreme. The day went by pretty fast, and before I knew it, Rachel was walking in the door; she fed the hungry pooch, fed me, then took Dude out for a nice little cruise. When she returned, I was already friendly and relaxed and sleepy, so it didn't take me long to fall asleep.















 Saturday was a perfect day… Christmas day! Cindy came in and fed Dude, fed me, then got me dressed and up in my chair. Cindy went home to spend Christmas with her family, and Dude and I went for a nice long cruise down to the wharf, over to the boardwalk, then home. I didn't think I would run into many people, but it was more crowded than I thought, especially since the boardwalk looks so festive and beautiful; who wouldn't want to be there for Christmas? We cruised back and had a really nice dinner with my uncle, aunt, mom, cousin, son, and girlfriend. My uncle and aunt made a standing rib roast, baked potatoes, and salad and my mom made this really killer spinach, artichoke, bacon, and cheese dish… Everything was amazing! I got a pumpkin pie and a Pecan pie; I had never had Pecan pie before, but now it's my favorite! just as we finished eating, Rachel showed up to put me to bed; they cleared out the room in no time and took the leftovers home… As much as I would love to eat all of that again, I know I will be sorry and bloated for a couple of days, but it was worth it! After Rachel fed the hungry hound dog, she put me to bed and then cleaned up before going home.  My friend Vince sent me a picture that somebody took of him in his Santa outfit; now I can't remember if you sent it to me, but if I just lifted it off his Facebook page… Whichever way, it's an awesome picture! I watched TV, listened to music, and then watched a movie before sleeping.







 Sunday was a long day. Cindy came in and fed the hungry little Dude, got me something to eat, and then started the long process of personal care rather than a nice long hot bath. It was even more miserable than usual because I shouldn't eat a bunch of stuff; I am still not sorry because it was so good… I remember when I used to feel like this all the time. Cindy put me back to bed, cleaned everything up then went home for the evening. We have a group text with all the family, and Stanley sent some pictures of Christmas at their place; I want to spend the holidays with my family so bad that I actually thought about selling this place for a brief moment. It's crossed my mind a couple of times lately. I would love to save enough money to put a down payment, the monthly payments will be a problem, but I have to save for the down payment. It seems like every time I'm getting ahead of myself in my savings, some major purchases come up like my bed, my mattress… I know will get there one day; I also looked at some property in Georgia where my little brother lives. I just love this place and Santa Cruz so much I can't see myself moving away, but I know eventually I'm going to have to. The snow looks so beautiful, but I know I would never be able to go anywhere. I watched a movie and then fell asleep.








No comments: