Friday, October 15, 2021

I'm so excited to start having puppy play dates again…

 Monday was a perfect day. Karen fed the hungry hound, provided me, and got me dressed and up in my chair. I ate some salad, and then Karen brushed my teeth, washed my face; then Dude and I were out of here for the rest of the day. The weather was beautiful, and the crowds were gone so we could have a nice cruise. I think I will start eating a salad or soup before going on my little cruises with Dude; maybe it would be better if I ate breakfast, lunch, and then a salad for dinner? I just want to be more healthy to start getting on my exercise cycle and getting fitter; unfortunately, I keep getting this bedsore… It's almost gone, and then something happens, and I get another blood blister, and then we have to wait again. Dude and I took off for a cruise through Depot Park, down to Cowell's beach, then we cruised down to the boardwalk. It's nice to get out early and beat the heat, and when I know it's going to get warm, I like to cruise over to the boardwalk first because then if I have time, even if it's a little hot, I got the breeze from the wharf and from Westcliff Drive. We stopped by the arcade because they have a couple of push pads, and it's good practice for Dude; the waterfront has an elevator, but I'm a little nervous about going up, and that would buy me... I probably don't even want to know how old that elevator is, but I see the couple of times I have gone, and it smells horrible. We cruised down to the end of the boardwalk and back; at that point, I just made a quick decision whether it's better to go home or keep on cruising down Westcliff Drive... I decided we better choose to go home because the path on Westcliff Drive is pavement, and when it gets hot, there is really no safe place to go, so we headed home. Karen came by and fed Dude, put me to bed, then provided me. I'm fortunate to have Karen; I can't think of one thing I dislike about her! She always helps me out when she can, she's always on time, she never rushes, and I just feel really comfortable with her. After she put me to bed, she took Dude out to go potty and then went home. The rest of the evening, I tried to find a couple more places to put ads for caregivers trying to look up gate latches for my front gate. I listened to music for a while and edited some pictures until I fell asleep. My wheelchair has this really cool feature; I can make the seat of my wheelchair rise up, so I was tall as everybody else… The first time I tried this out after I got the chair got all the way up but then got stuck, and I couldn't get it back down; ever since that day, that was my worst fear. Luckily I was in my living room because it was super hot outside; I just had to drive my chair in my room and have my caregiver put me back to bed.


































































 Tuesday was a great day. Cindy came in and fed the hungry boy, got me dressed then up in my chair. My first appointment was with Jennifer, my aesthetician, we started talking about concerts, and she told me that she and her husband used to go out all the time, and their favorite was concerts, but they haven't done it for several years. I kept that in the back of my mind. After all, I feel I'm not going to be able to go to the Dan Fogarty concert at the Mountain winery because I won't have a caregiver to come in and put me to bed at midnight. I think I will offer them to them. My next appointment was a CCI puppy play date at the animal shelter; Jan and I were the only ones that showed up, but the dogs had a good time playing, and we had a good time catching up. We talked about a Halloween party, and since nobody shows up at the puppy play dates there, we might try my place again. I texted my mom to see if she wanted us to bring her home a sandwich from Togo's, Cindy and I ate outside because it was such a beautiful day! Cindy put me to bed, cleaned up a little bit then went home. I just edited some pictures, listened to music, played games, and watched TV until I fell asleep the rest of the evening.






 Wednesday was a busy but relaxing day. Susan came in and gave me a nice relaxing massage, we were supposed to go to a concert together, but it got postponed because all the band members got covert 19. I feel a little better going out having to vaccinations and a booster, but I'm still a little nervous; I wear my mask when I'm going to be within 6 feet of anybody else, but when I am situated, I take it off until we leave again. The counter was Foreigner at the Mountain Winery; I hope they feel better soon and not just because I want to see them but because it must be frustrating. Karen came in and got me something to eat; we did some personal care and a nice, hot, relaxing bath. She put me back in bed, cleaned up, and went home just as Andrea, the organizer, drove up. Luckily we are finishing up cleaning and organizing my room today, so I'm okay in bed. I always feel terrific after she leaves, but the dust really bothers me; I have all the doors and windows open and the humidifier/purifier on, and I sitting right next to the purifier, but it still bothers me... I guess we have been cleaning up many places that haven't been touched for a while. I always feel excellent when she leaves, which surprises me because I usually don't like to get rid of my stuff; I want to have everything around if I need it. I'm a work in progress! Andrea left, and Karen came back to feed the starving pup and then provided me; she's been coming back just about every day since Jesse walked off… I don't know what I would do without her! But the rest of the evening, I pretty much just played candy crush, I have so many things on my computer that I need to do, but I just can't seem to tear my mind away from playing games… The next thing to work on. I watched TV for a little while and then I fell asleep.

 Thursday was a perfect day. Karen came in and fed the hungry hound dog, fed me, and then got me dressed up in my chair. Thursdays are one of my long days up and about, and I love it! These days I never really know how I'm going to get out of my Street because they are doing so much roadwork, and I mean, they are really tearing it up and burying something on the busiest street, probably in Santa Cruz. I go down to the end of my street. Of course, they have the sidewalk blocked off in a sign that says detour, so I turned back around and cut through the apartments next to my house, I'm always afraid somebody's going to come outside and start screaming at me, or there's going to be a loose dog, but that is the only way to get out if the opening of the street is blocked. We cruised through Neary Lagoon; the dock over the water closed off because they removed the tall grass… It always looks so clean and beautiful when they're done. We cruised up through the butterfly/Bee habitat, through Bay St., Park, and down Westcliff Drive. I always love Westcliff Drive, and today, it's a little cooler than it has been, and the waves are awesome! There weren't many people out, so I like to take advantage of it before the weekend comes and everybody comes over the hill. They are doing a lot of repairs on the road, and you can see where part of the path is sliding into the ocean or looking like it's going to; I think the summer is going to be really crowded with all the surfers and just everybody wanted to get back out into life and live again. We cruised all the way down past the second dog beach and then decided to turn around; I feel a lot safer down by where there are more barriers… Sometimes as I turn around to take a picture, I look down, and I sit right on edge and one false move, and I'm going over the side with my big 700-pound anchor. We cruised back and got home just in time for Karen to put me to bed since I don't yet have any evening caregivers. Karen has been coming back over to put me to bed, or if I don't get out, she comes to feed the hungry coach and me. She put me to bed, got me something to eat, and then went home. I kinda like these shorter days in my chair because I get to cruise around before it gets too hot and then go back to bed early, so my pressure sore doesn't get any worse. I watched TV for a while, listened to some music, and fell asleep.

























































































 Friday was a nice relaxing day. Susan came in and gave me a nice long massage; it always feels so good. Karen came in, and we did some personal care and a nice long hot relaxing bath; it'd already been a long day, so Karen just put me back to bed, and we just chalked it up as another day but getting up. I looked around for pictures on the Internet, and I found some really cool ones, so I snagged them for my blog since I haven't taken any. I watched TV for a while, looked around online to see if I could figure out how to do a vision board; I hear everybody talking about them, so maybe I'll check it out. I slept for a while, listened to music for a while, and then slipped again. Karen came in and fed the hungry boy, fed me, and then cleaned up everything and left. The rest of the evening, I just lay there and tried to not move my arms; it's tough to lay in front of the computer and not use it constantly… I always remember something that I want to look up or that I want to check out. I started to get that pinched nerve on the back of my shoulder again, and I'm pretty sure it's from using my arms constantly on the computer at night and driving my wheelchair all day. I eventually fell asleep.




























 Saturday was a nice relaxing day. Cindy came in and fed the hungry pooch, fed me, and then put me on my side for a while. I was supposed to go to see Dan Fogarty at the Saratoga Mountain winery, but since I lost my evening caregivers, I'm going to have to give up the tickets; I was talking to Jennifer last time I went to help my face waxed, and she had said that she and her husband haven't been out on a date night for way over two years and desperately needed one. I thought about it all the way home, and when I got home, I texted her and asked her if they would like to go; she sounded thrilled but said she needed to talk to her husband… Shortly after that, she texted me and said they would love to go, so I forwarded the tickets and the parking pass to her. If I can't go, it makes me feel good to think that somebody could really enjoy the tickets! Cindy cleaned out the refrigerator and buzzed around cleaning up and wiping it down before she went home.  It was my friend Teri's birthday, so her husband sent me a picture of the table they decorated, it was so beautiful! I just watched TV, edited pictures the rest of the evening until my mom came down to feed Dude. I wasn't really very hungry, so I told her maybe next time she came down, I would get something to eat, the next time, she brought down tapioca pudding, and I just couldn't say no. I read deleted emails until I fell asleep.











































 Sunday was a fascinating day! Cindy came in and fed the hungry mongrel, fed me, and then got me dressed and up in my chair. Usually, we do personal care and a bath, but you may I'm going to see Boyz ll Men at the Saratoga Mountain winery with Trish; I didn't really know that I knew of them until I started listening to their music, and I knew almost all of the songs! I love them! This is the only concert in the series this year that I got seats right up front, and I'm so excited; a couple of years ago, when I saw Michael Franti there, I was in the front row, and it was amazing! Heather came by and brought some tacos I got to spend a little bit of time catching up, she is so busy and I miss hanging out with her! I got to run around all day with Dude, the weather was beautiful, it's nice because I'm not usually up on Sundays… As I was turning for my street to cruise down to the wharf I saw Trish and Kona so we decided to cruise downtown, she said there were some new murals that were painted downtown. Even though it was crowded, we had a perfect day cruising around! I came back about an hour early to charge my cell phone, last time I went to a concert here, I forgot to charge my phone, and I didn't get to take as many pictures. I sat back and took a little nap until Trish came. We got everything together, and she drove to the Mountain winery, and we had such a good time! We ended up moving because even though I had earplugs, the music was just way too loud; although I enjoyed Michael Franti's concert from the first row, I promised myself I would never get front row tickets again. Trish went up and talked to one of the ushers, and they said if the section that I usually sit in is in full, we could sit there, and thankfully it wasn't full, I will never get any other seats but these because they are is perfect. The venue photographer, John, was there, so I talked to him for a little bit before the concert started. The guys that were first up when we got there seem like they were like a DJ pair, but they played and sang a bunch of excellent songs. One of the guys from Boyz ll Man was missing because he tested positive for covid; it must've been the lead singer because none of the songs sounded like the original versions, although the concert was awesome! They played their own music and some rock and other different kinds of music, not disappointing at all! We drove home, and Trish went home; I still don't have an evening caregiver, so I decided I would just sleep in my chair and go to bed when Karen got here in the morning… We didn't do any personal care yesterday, so it will be nice to sleep all day and have a nice long hot bath. Karen agreed to come back at 4 PM to feed the hungry little guy and me. I added some pictures and listened to music until I fell asleep.























No comments: