Friday, October 22, 2021

There is supposed to be a new little addition to the Van Sant family this month…

 Monday was another relaxing day. Karen came in and fed the hungry hound dog, fed me, and got me up in my chair to cruise around with Dude for a while while she started decorating for Halloween in the living room. Usually, Omar puts up the heavy-duty decorations, scarecrows climbing up the house, the animated characters, the lights, and hologram features in the picture-taking frame and backdrop. Cindy takes care of the cobwebs and all the little hanging ghosts and goblins, and Karen decorates inside, it's like a well-oiled machine, and it looks fantastic. I usually have at least two Halloween parties, one for friends and family, one just because I want to have another one, and one for the CCI puppies and their graduates. Meanwhile, my aunt usually comes over and tells me that I bought way too much stuff but way too much candy, and what am I do with all of it? She says it doesn't look like decorations anymore, it seems like I have a Halloween store, but she brings everybody over to check it out. Meanwhile, she's eating it like crazy and taking handfuls of it home. My mom just pretty much repeats everything my aunt says and tells me that it's my fault she eats all the candy because she can't stay out of it, I have it all around me, and I don't eat it… Sometimes I just see them coming towards my room, and I wonder, "what is it going to be today?" I keep telling myself I'm not going to let it get to me, but it does, so I think starting this year, I'm just not going to have any more parties. Maybe just for CCI because they really do appreciate it. Paula came in, and Karen showed her the routine; she worked with Rosa at Sunshine Villa and sounded like she was looking for a new job, so Karen showed her the routine. After Karen went home, I watched a couple of movies on pay-per-view. I'm just trying to distract myself; I get these ideas, and when I'm all excited about something, and then everybody just bursts my bubble about it; usually, I just tell myself to ignore them and just do whatever I want, but it's getting harder and harder to do that. I hate that every time I see somebody come towards my bedroom, I roll my eyes and just say, "what now?" Adriana came by and asked if she could park in my driveway because they are doing repair work on the street in front of our house; they left a huge mess, and now Adriana has nowhere to park. I told her, of course, she could, and she was going to go back and take pictures, and she and I were going to email Parks and Rex in the morning and complain. After the movies were over, I meditated and listened to music until I fell asleep.







 Tuesday was a pretty good day. Cindy came in and fed the hungry pooch, fed me, and then wiped everything down and went home. I was hoping to get up for a little while, but she has a project at work that they want her to spend some more time on the project so she won't be able to come back and put me to bed. She fixed me up a plate for dinner, took Dude out to go potty, and then she took off. This means I have the whole morning, the entire afternoon, and the whole evening of no interruptions! I'm always so excited for those days, but those seem to be the days that go by way too fast. Joy came by to take Dude out for a cruise; I'm so glad that at least Dude can get out and about. My mom came down at 4 PM and fed Mr. hungry and then fed me; she came down a couple hours later and locked Dude up in his kennel. I entered some more pictures; I've tried to only take two of each because it's a lot of pictures to edit, and I hate throwing pictures away; that's probably because I'm such a big hoarder. I started getting really sleepy, so I meditated until I fell asleep.







 Wednesday was another lovely day; these days, any day I get out of bed is a fantastic day! Susan came in to give me a nice long relaxing massage; my arms, shoulders, and neck are just getting worse from staying in bed too long. Karen came in and fed the hungry knucklehead, fed me, and then we did some personal care, A nice long hot bath, and she got me dressed and opened my chair. We took off our cruise and noticed that it once again let us down into the lagoon. It still is a beautiful place to cruise around and an excellent place to take pictures. We cruised up through Bay Street., Park, down the hill to Cowell's Beach. Every time I go by the Dream inn, I notice at the entrance they have these big lights that look like indoor bedroom table lights, but they are huge. We cruised down the wheelchair access as close to the ocean as we could get; it's so beautiful! I decided that we better cruise back home; the organizer is coming today, and I need to cruise home so I can let her know what half of the street is closed up today due to maintenance. On the way back home, the detour took us down Bradburn street where I saw two 12 foot skeletons in two different yards; I thought to myself, that must be the new decoration for this year, and I really want to get at least one, I later looked them up, and they have them at Home Depot. Still, they're about $300 apiece; I probably won't be getting one this year. Maybe after Halloween is over, they will have a sale on them, and then I will get one. They really are cool!! We cruised on home and hung out and waited for Andrea, we knocked out almost half of the garage, but you can tell by the end of the day, both of us get really short and cranky. I feel good about everything I got rid of, but I feel terrible because all of this dust and stuff went right up my nose… Each time Karen suggests that I wear a mask, so I don't have to breathe all that in, I forget each week. I was hoping to get everything organized before decorating for Halloween, but it doesn't look like it will happen. So we are just going to do what we can, and hopefully, everything will fall into place when it's time for the Halloween party. After we were done in the garage, Karen came in and put me back to bed. She fed the hungry mongrel, got me something to eat, and then went home for the evening. I hope I find another caregiver quickly before Karen is out; she's been so good about coming back over here putting me back to bed… She must be exhausted! I checked all the sites that I put ads for caregivers, and nothing; I've never had this much problem. Even though I didn't really do that much, I was exhausted; I watched TV until I asleep.


































 Thursday was a really fantastic day. Karen came in and fed the hungry hound, fed me, and then got me dressed and up in my chair. The weather outside is beautiful, and I get all day to cruise around in it with my sidekick, Dude. While Karen brushed my hair, she took a picture to see what it looked like; I decided to let it grow out to its regular color. It's been so long, so even I don't know what color might be anymore, and all I could see was a white skunk-like streak going down the side of my temple, so I quit looking at the picture. My cousin Debbie did it, and it looks perfect on her.  I got a text from somebody in the family letting me know that David and Mackenzie had their little baby girl; so exciting!  That's a great way to start your day! Everybody is doing great, and they can't wait to get home. They were doing construction again in front of my street, so I cut down the next block, and we cruised through the lagoon; it looks like they're almost done removing all of the Thule grass, and it looks charming… The dark part of it is still closed, so I could not go out there and take pictures which is sad because that's one of my favorite places. We cruised through Bay Street Park and then turned right to Westcliff Drive, where the pounding waves never let you down. It's so beautiful. I'm taking a picture of EVERYTHING! I like to go back and edit them in different ways, but all the photos are gorgeous! There are groups of people out here again painting, and of course, I always sneak a look when I go by, and they all look fantastic! I wonder if they sell them anywhere? Of course, I'm too shy to go up and ask them, but I'm dying to know. Hopefully, one day when I go by, I'll have the opportunity to strike up a conversation and ask them; usually, everybody's dying to talk to my cute dog, but this time he's just not doing it. I have all these places memorized, and everything looks familiar, but every time I take a picture, it's more beautiful than ever! We cruised all the way down to the end, so I thought it would be better to go back home; even though I found the batteries on my chair replaced several times, they still die after about 4 miles, so I don't want to take a chance. I remember cruising along in my van, thinking this is a really long road, but when I'm rolling down it in my chair, it doesn't seem like it's that long at all. I cruised back home, and Karen came in to feed the hungry dog and put me to bed; she is always there for me, And she puts together the best naan bread pizza… 10 years is a long time! I edited some of my pictures, listened to some music, and then watched TiVo until I fell asleep thinking, "Thursday has always been my favorite day, and now I have a niece to be thankful for for that day.













































































 Welcome to the family, baby girl! Just so beautiful!














 Friday was another relaxing day. Karen came in and fed the hungry knucklehead, fed me, and then we did some personal care and a nice long relaxing bath. I still don't have a caregiver, and I like to at least let Karen take off the weekends; she's been so lovely and helpful. I know she will do it, but I just don't want to ask her plus, I'm not really thrilled about getting up on the weekends when so many people are coming from over the hill. I enjoy this place so much during the week, and every once in a while, I feel like going out when it's crowded but not very often anymore. Cindy sent me pictures of her brother and her nephew playing football, which brought back such great memories! The big thing that everybody did when I went to high school was going to the football games! I got to go to Los Gatos high school football game a month or so ago, and it was so awesome! Most things looked familiar, but many things have changed; the memories were familiar and made me feel great! Cindy's families football games are obviously at night, and I would really love to go; I don't know if I would be able to survive the cold, but I would like to at least try once or twice, maybe I'll get myself a tent or something to keep the wind and rain out that might help? Before Karen went home, she fixed me a plate so my mom could give it to me later on, and at 4 PM, my mom came down to feed Dude and to feed me also. As much as I could, I just watched TV and tried to stay off the computer; it's such a regular thing with that right out in front of me; I just think of something and jump on or start playing games without even thinking, it's a vicious circle. I must've fallen asleep because that's all I remember.






 Saturday was ANOTHER relaxing day. Am I ever going to be able to get up and get out of here again? Cindy fed the hungry little boy, fed me, while she was feeding me, I bit into a piece of bacon and broke my front canine tooth; it's weird because Dude has to go in and four days to get his K-9 to yank out because he chewed on a bone too hard. A couple of weeks ago, I got a pimple in my ear, and it hurt really bad; the next week, we had to take Dude to the veterinary for an ear infection… Does that mean we are in tune with each other?? She washed a couple of loads of clothes, cleaned up the kitchen, wiped everything down, and then went on her way. I took some more pictures off the Internet of my cousin and her family; they are always doing something that looks like they are always so much fun… My cousin is such a beautiful person inside and out. Somebody sent me many pictures of the new baby, everybody looks so in love and so happy! I just lay around all day and watch TV and play games on the computer. My mom came down at 4 PM, fed the hungry knucklehead, and fed me the plate that Cindy fixed before she left; thank God for Heather… I feel like I get to eat from a gourmet restaurant every day. I watched more TV, played more games, and tried to find something to listen to on audible… At some point, I fell asleep.




















 Sunday Was yet another relaxing day. Cindy came in and fed the hungry pooch, fed me, and took the knucklehead out for a bit of cruise. My niece sent me another picture of my nephew holding the baby; the look on his face is just so incredible… You can just see the love! Don't get me wrong, I can't wait to see the baby, but I think more than that. I just love the way everybody looks and talks to a newborn baby. I guess you can't help it because they are just so adorable! Cindy came back and cleaned out the refrigerator, and then she went home. I listened to music for a while and edited some pictures until Karen came in; she fed the wild one, provided me, and then we got busy doing some personal care and a nice long hot relaxing bath. She put me back to bed and got me a snack, and went back home. I watched TV and edited some more pictures; maybe I just need to quit taking so many pictures of one thing?? I always like to take more than one in case someone doesn't come out good, but when it goes to throw them away because I have too many, it's hard. I watched TV until I fell asleep.



No comments: