Tuesday, October 19, 2021

Another week of staying in bed and looking for a caregiver…

 Monday was a nice relaxing day. I ended up sleeping in my chair because I didn't have an evening caregiver, but it wasn't that bad; I was really exhausted, so after about 1/2 an hour of watching TV, I fell asleep. When Karen came in in the morning, she fed the hungry Dude and then put me to bed. She got me something to eat, and we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath. I was so happy to get back to bed to rest for the rest of the evening. Karen went home but agreed to come back at 4 PM to feed the hungry hound and me. I listened to music and edited pictures pretty much all day; it was a really great concert! I really love the shows at the Mountain winery, and I wish I could do more not only there but all over the area. I don't really have a lot of friends, but I also don't really have a lot of caregivers that can come in late and put me to bed. I got an annual pass for the beach/holiday train some hoping I'll be able to do that more, and I could just cruise back and forth between here in Felton and cruise around by myself, I mean with Dude. It is a prominent beautiful place to roll around, so I'm fortunate to live here and to be able to get out and about as much as I can. My arm was getting tired, and I could feel the pinched nerve in the back of my shoulder, so I knew it was time to stop with the computer and just watch TV until I fell asleep, so that's what I did.

Tuesday was a perfect day. Cindy came in and fed the hungry hound dog and then got me dressed and up in my chair, I didn't get to eat yet because I needed to go to the hot lab at the hospital, and they were taking some blood and didn't want me to eat anything. I'm okay with that because it means we get to go out and eat! After the lamp, we cruised over to the Santa Cruz animal shelter for our biweekly CCI puppy play date. Once again, it was just Jan and I and, of course, Cindy and Jen's husband, Scott… At least we get to get out, and the pups get some playtime. After the puppy play date, we cruised over to Costco to see if they had any gloves, and we went by Safeway to pick up a couple of prescriptions and some groceries. We cruised on home, and Cindy put me to bed and then went home for the day. I played candy crush for a while, listening to some music, and then I watched TV until my mom came down to feed Dude and me. The rest of the evening,g I just watched TV; I've been trying not to do too much on the computer because I can feel that pinched nerve back in my shoulder. I eventually fell asleep.






























 Wednesday was another relaxing day in bed. Susan came in to give me a nice long relaxing massage; it is such a great feeling! Karen came in and fed the hungry hound dog, provided me, and then we did some personal care and, of course, a nice long hot bath. I bought Dude this puzzle that is supposed to keep them busy for a while. He maneuvered the mystery and got all of the blueberries out within 10 seconds… What am I going to do with this clever little boy?? I had to take his nylon bones away because it broke his tooth all the way up into his gums, and now he has to get this tooth removed. April came by from Numotion to replace one headlight that I lost somewhere and replace the rim on one of the little lights; I didn't know about that one either. By the time we were done, and she got me back to bed, it was already time to feed Dude again and feed me; she has been such a trooper through this whole thing and so helpful!  I was supposed to see Foreigner at the Saratoga Mountain winery, my last concert of the season, and I got an email saying that it was postponed because all of the members in the group got covid… I hope they have a speedy recovery! My mom sent me a picture of a broken window upstairs; how does that happen?? She said she didn't hear anything, and she had no clue; maybe a bird flew into it? I was exhausted, so I pretty much just watched TV for a while until I fell asleep.










 Thursday was a perfect day. Karen came in and fed the hungry pup, fed me, and got me dressed and up in my chair. Dude and I took off for a cruise through the lagoon, through Bay St., Park, down to the wharf, and then back home. I rested for a while before Andrea came over to help with more purging and organizing; I'm really excited to get out there and tackle the garage. I went out there before she got there and took some before pictures. At one point, there was so much stuff in there that we had to build a false shelf in front of another frame with wheels so we could put things behind there also. We got the wall with the false self and the false shelf done, but she couldn't reach the top two, so we're going to have to wait until Omar gets back and he could take everything down off the entire shelves. It started getting really hot, and I knew I would be in trouble; I really wanted to be out there to get this done, but there was no shade, and I think it got up to 82°… That plus all the dust, I am really going to be a mess tonight. I am doing really good at getting rid of stuff; in fact, it feels imposing at the end of the day! I NEVER thought that would happen. Karen came back and fed the hungry coach, put me to bed, and led me; she did a couple of loads of laundry and then returned home. I took some Benadryl, so I was pretty much out as soon as I got the bed.














































 Friday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and fed the hungry pooch, fed me, and then we did some personal care and a nice long hot relaxing bath. She got me dressed and up in my chair so Dude and I could have a nice long cruise around Santa Cruz. I really dislike all this roadwork they're doing in front of my street; you never know which way will be blocked off, and I live on a cul-de-sac right in the middle of all of it, so it's really frustrating. At first, it was just the street, but now they're blocking off the sidewalks, and it is just really impossible to get around. The good side of that is that the apartments next to me go all the way through to the next street over, I've heard them yell at several people, and although they're not happy about it, there's nothing else we can do. It makes us go through the lagoon, and it really is a beautiful place to start your day, especially after all of that street contraction mess. We cruised through the lagoon, down Westcliff a little bit more than halfway. When we got to the indicator, somebody put a giant old smiley face pumpkin on his head, somebody or a group of people always decorate him for each holiday or occasion. As we cruised down Westcliff Drive, I noticed what a beautiful day it was, and I'm so glad to be out and about; I realize how much I take for granted to get up and out every day. Every once in a while, I run across a person or a group of people standing on the cliffs and painting the scenery, and I always wish I knew what they do with these paintings after. Do they sell them? If so I would really like to know where to go to buy them. I just love living here, and I love collecting anything, Santa Cruz. We cruised down to the lighthouse and then cruised home; thank goodness I got a lot of pictures so that when I am stuck in bed, I can look back, and it still makes me happy. I rested for a while before Karen came in, we are showing a new girl the routine, and I really hope she likes it. It's been so long since I have been able to get up every day, and I really want to get back on my exercise cycle, most people that have come here are used to just sitting around and taking vitals, and of course, they really like that… My care is apparently too much work. I got this lady's name from my aesthetician; she took care of her mom while going through knee surgery and really speaks highly of her. She came in; her name was Janey, and she watched as Karen put me to bed and seemed to know everything that was going on, so I hope this works out. After she left, we both agreed that she would be a perfect fit for me if it was an ideal fit for her… I hope so. She just had surgery, so she has to wait for the doctor to release her, but she seems like she's pretty interested. I felt a little bit at ease, hoping that maybe I had found somebody. She laughed, and Karen got me something to eat, cleaned up then went home for the evening. I edited some pictures and tried to catch up on my blog until my arm hurt so much that I had to stop watching TV until I fell asleep.


























































 Saturday was a fascinating day. Time to decorate for Halloween! Cindy came in and fed the hungry hound and then fed me. She told me that she didn't mind getting me up and putting me back to bed on the same day on Tuesdays but that she couldn't do it on the weekends; I hope I find a caregiver soon because I'm going nuts staying in bed. I listened to music, edited pictures, watched TV, and slept on and off all day while Cindy decorated outside. Omar usually helps her, but he tested positive, so he has to stay away for 10 days, Cindy usually does the inside, but she hasn't had time yet. I can watch what's going on outside, but I really can't wait to go out and see it in person; when they're done decorating, they always take a bunch of pictures, and I love that! I didn't have any cobwebs left over from last year, and I can't believe that; I remember last time we did use a lot of cobwebs, so I'll just order more. My caregivers and Omar are so creative and crafty my yard always looks fantastic! I decided to lay on my side, which isn't the most comfortable, but it is perfect for my butt, and as soon as I'm able to get up again, I really want to get on that exercise cycle. Cindy made me a plate for dinner, watched a couple loads of laundry, cleaned up and wiped everything down, and then went home. I spent the rest of the evening looking through and editing the pictures that Cindy took after she decorated. My mom came down at 4 PM and fed the hungry pooch and then fed me; the rest of the evening, I just watched TV until I fell asleep.














































Sunday was a pretty good day. Cindy came in and fed the hungry little guy, fed me, and then did a little bit more decorating… She had to go home; I think they're watching the game and barbecuing, and I only know that because my aunt and uncle are doing the same thing. I had a nice relaxing day; I had some tincture before Karen left, so I dozed in and out all day…I heard someone knocking at the back door and of course I didn't open it because I didn't know who it was and I couldn't see who it was because I didn't have my glasses on. A couple minutes later I got a text from Keith and he came by to see if he could take Dude out for a little cruise, they just adore each other… Every time they see each other they act like long-lost friends rolling around on the floor and running around the yard. It is so adorable! It was relaxing! I was looking at some internet pictures, and I saw that my cousins from San Diego were at a Rise Festival. It looked like a really excellent, relaxing place to be. They were riding on these giant balloons and then sending them up into space; it looked like it would be really freeing. Not to mention I would get to hang out with them; they are just about the best people I know! I can't even imagine how much fun it would be to live close to them and to be able to go and see them whenever I want. They would be so sick of me! Actually, it would be really nice to not only have a place here but have a place by my cousins in San Diego and have a place in Oregon; that way, we can all cruise around and get together. I know they do have those air BNBs and now they have a beach one, but nine of them are really meant to be accessible. Steve, my cousin's husband, posted on Facebook that I should go next year… Can I get a witness? Was that an invitation?? If so, I'm there! Sometimes I wish it wasn't so hard to go on trips and visit people. I listened to music for a while and edited pictures until my arms couldn't take it anymore; I closed my eyes and went to sleep.












No comments: