Saturday, June 13, 2020

I'm able to go outside but still wearing a mask…

Monday was a really long day. Karen came in and fed the hungry crew and then fed me. She got me dressed and up in my chair and I forgot that the Woofpack was going to come and get the boys, I was going to cruise around all day with them. They really really enjoy going so I will let them go and I'll just cruise around and check everything out. I decided to just go cruise down around the wharf and the boardwalk to see how crowded it is, nobody is supposed to be on the beach between 11 AM and 5 PM but it's a holiday and you know there's a bunch of people out there. Not only were they out there, not wearing a mask, not social distancing but everybody brought their dog. Once I got down to the wharf I realize that I didn't bring my camera so I went back home and had Karen attach my go pro to the chair so I could take some pictures. A course by the time I got down there my camera slipped back a little bit from all the bouncing, I tried to get Chris… The guy who works in the kayak rental booth to fix it but it just flopped right back down. I got some pictures. I cruised down to the boardwalk but it looks like they're making everybody wash their hands, put on a mask, and take their temperature so I thought it's too long of a line just to go in and cruise around. My mom texted me and said that Ronald was here from Hill ROM to fix my bed, he wasn't supposed to be here and tell 2 PM, I rushed back and I got back home in about 10 minutes… Not bad. He was replacing the cable underneath my bed. We had to leave because I had an appointment with Dr. Murphy my new chiropractor, this is my second visit, and Cindy and Adriana were going to come with me because we need to get me up in my portable left to put me on his massage table. Right before we left Adela screamed and said there was a raccoon on my mom's porch, he was sleeping up there in broad daylight which is a clue that he is sick or dying… Usually, they don't come out until dark. We tried to shush him away but he just kept crawling on the roof and crawling back down. We had to leave because we were going to be late. We put me on the table and he did a couple of adjustments and then report me back in the chair and he finished, I hope I sleep really good like I did last week. We came back home and my cousin Rich was still here trying to get the raccoon to go away. Adriana called Keith and he found a wild animal cage and set it up to catch him. They left and I waited for Rosa, she came in and fed the starving puppies. She put me to bed and then got me something to eat, I wasn't as sleepy as last time but I was nice and relaxed and I managed to stay awake until Rosa left and then I was out.







Tuesday was a really nice day. Cindy came in and fed the hungry crew and got me dressed and up in my chair, she didn't get me anything to eat because I had to go give some fasting blood work. After the fasting blood work we went by the picnic basket and got a breakfast burrito, we cruised out to the end of the wharf and sat in the van and ate our breakfast… It was so beautiful! We decided to go for a cruise down Westcliff and we got to the end and wandered around and found a place called the Seymour center and beyond that was the Yunger lagoon, I had heard about it before but I have never been there and it was so beautiful! We walked around the trail and somebody had left a bunch of painted rocks on each bench so course we took them… That's what they were for right?? We cruised back down Westcliff Drive and then came home. Cindy took off and the boys and I waited for Rosa to come in, she fed the boys and then put me to bed and fed me. I watched a couple shows on TiVo, listen to some music, and edited pictures until I fell asleep.













































Wednesday was another great day. Karen came in to feed the hungry crew and when she came back after taking the boys out to go potty she said "do you know there is a raccoon caught in a cage in the backyard?" I guess the sick one got away but we caught a healthy one and he was not very happy, he was hissing and spitting so Keith came back over to take him away somewhere. We did some personal care and then a nice long hot relaxing bath, we tried again after the bath but there was just nothing so we decided to give up and call it a day. It was still really early so she got me something to eat, got me dressed in up in my chair.  Karen said that she would take pictures of my yard before she left. I took Robby for a cruise over to Depot Park and back and then Adriana came in to drive me around for some errands. We went to Home Depot so I could get more plants for the yard, we also went to the Dollar Tree to get some decorations for the Fourth of July, and then we went to Costco. we got to Costco and I got a text from Joy asking where we were? I've been staying in bed so much that I totally forgot that Joy comes by on Wednesdays to take dude for a run, I apologized and told her I completely lost track of the day. I'm so excited to be able to get up again every day and take the dogs out and cruise around this beautiful city once again. Each place that we stopped there was a lot of cars in the parking lot but the stores were very crowded so that was good. I have a UTI and the doctor gave me some antibiotics but then messaged me the next day and told me to stop taking them and she was going to reissue the proper kind of antibiotics so we had to go pick those up at Safeway. We came back and Adriana left and I leaned back and relaxed for a while until Rosa came. She fed the hungry critters and then put me to bed and fed me. I edited pictures and watched TiVoed programs until I fell asleep.















































Thursday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and fed the fur babies, fed me, and got me dressing up in my chair. I took Robby for a cruise around Depot Park and then came back and Dude and I took off for my appointment with Jessica… FINALLY! My hair was getting so long and thick and it was such a relief to come out of there feeling almost normal again, I need to get my face waxed and then I will feel human again. Dude and I cruised through Depot Park on our way back and I came home to rest for a bit. Rosa came in and fed the boys, put me to bed, and then fed me. It's getting a lot more relaxed outside and I can't wait to start getting back out and cruising around again, I looked up a bunch of trails in Santa Cruz and I want to try them all out. I watched TV for a while until I fell asleep.

Friday was a really long day. Karen came in and fed the hungry crew and we did some personal care but again there was nothing so I'm starting to get a little nervous, we tried for a while and then decided just to take a bath and then try again. We tried again and we had a lot of success, we didn't finish until 3:45 PM. Adriana came in and cruised over to Safeway for me to pick up a few things. I got a beet sandwich from the picnic basket across the street from the wharf and I LOVED it so I got all the ingredients to make one for lunch tomorrow. She got me something to eat, wash my face, and brush my teeth, took the boys out one more time, and then headed home. I was out before she left.

Saturday was a pretty good day. I was going to get up but sometimes this bed is just so comfortable and I decided to stay in bed, of course, I always sorry after everybody leaves and I can't go cruising around. Cindy came in and fed the hungry boys and then fed me. She vacuumed in here a little bit and then went outside to repot and rearrange some plants, I love my yard so much!  Cindy grabbed three vases and cut some of my roses to bring them in so I can enjoy them, they look so beautiful and smelled amazing! She put one in my room and two in the bathroom so I can look at them tomorrow when I take a bath. I got some new sheets for the bedroom so she put them in the washer before she left.  My aunt had me order a butter fry hatchery because she's finding a lot of caterpillars in the garden. Adriana texted me and said that she was in Salinas and was going to be a little late. She came in and fed the hungry boys and then made me a beat sandwich, it was so good!  Adriana took some more pictures of what Cindy repotted today and it looks like Penny already poked in it. She washed my face and brush my teeth and headed on home. I finished editing the pictures that I took the other day, caught up on my blog, watch TV, listen to music, and eventually drifted off to sleep.














 Sunday was another relaxing day. Cindy came in and fed the hungry crew and then fed me. I decided to stay in bed and relax, that's what you're supposed to do on Sunday right? I stole a bunch of pictures from the Internet, I pretty much cruised around all-day taking pictures I thought were cool. I watched TV and listen to music while Cindy went around and took pictures of my yard, it's just looking so awesome! The way I have always wanted it to look, I think right now I have the perfect crew! I feel so lucky! My friend/neighbor Trish texted me to let me know that her dog Mr. Bean passed away, it was unexpected and he will be so missed. He hung out and played with Robby when he was younger and then dude when I got him. My family in Oregon at a party for my niece Corinne who graduated from nursing school, the decorations were so awesome in the way they did the food was amazing! They are also creative, I love it! Karen came in and fed the starving boys and then we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath, I really love doing the personal care and bath on Sunday evenings so I can get up on Monday and I have a whole day to cruise around. She went home and I was exhausted, I watch TV for a while and then fell asleep.











1 comment:

betty said...

You got great pictures this week, Tammie!! How funny with the raccoons!! What an an adventure that was!! Great celebrating you all did too!

betty