Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Getting back to normal little by little…

Monday was an okay day. Karen came in and fed the hungry boys and then fed me, I was going to get up, but my butt looks like it could use another day of rest so I stayed on my side for a while and she set me up before she went home. The Woofpack came to get Robby, it was supposed to be a holiday weekend and they texted me and said that they forgot so if I want to have them pick up the dogs, that would be fine. The look on Dudes face when they came to get Robby and didn't take him almost broke my heart, he had no way of knowing he was going to have a playdate later on. Jan and her husband Scott brought their new successor service dog Teak over, and he and dude played really hard in the driveway for a while, it was nice to visit with Scott and Jan. One of the biggest reasons I didn't get up was because I couldn't remember if Rosa had taken today off or not, they usually have a big barbecue on Memorial weekend. Cindy texted me about 4:30 PM and said she was bringing over her mom and they also brought me over a plate of food, that whole family is just such good cooks! Rosa fed the dogs and then fed me and headed off back home to party with her family. I watch the seven little Johnson's for a while and then listen to music until I fell asleep.

Tuesday was a pretty good day. Cindy came in and fed the boys and then fed me. The Woofpack came to get the boys for their puppy play date. She buzzed around and cleaned and organized some things while I talked on the phone to my primary care Dr., we had a video call about all the appointments that I missed. First, she wanted me to get an appointment and get my colonoscopy done, I was supposed to do that right before the stay at home pandemic happened. She fixed me up with a doctor who can do the colonoscopy and get rid of my hemorrhoid. It was nice to talk to Dr. Owens and in the end, we talked about the dogs, we used to get them together every weekend for a play date. She has huskies now, so if everything cools down were going to have another puppy play date. I rested for a bit, it's so stressful for me to be on the phone because I don't like it, the IT guy, Daniel, called me has so he could check out my computer because I'm having problems with it not opening zip files and he found a bunch of malware, so my computer is almost like new. He introduced me to a program called Gemini ll that gets rid of all the duplicate files and folders on your computer. Unfortunately, it doesn't work for photos or music and photos are what I was looking to find a program for but it'll be nice to get rid of some duplicate folders. We were on the phone from noon until almost 4 PM, but we got a lot done, it always amazes me how talented this guy is and how knowledgeable he is about computers. Rosa came in and fed the hungry boys and then fed me. She cleaned up and wash my face and brush my teeth, and then went home. The rest of the evening I just watched TV and played a little bit with my photos.


Wednesday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and fed the hungry crew, and then we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath and she got me dressed in up in my chair. I took Robby for a little cruise around Depot Park, I tried to get him not to sniff around too much because they wax all the weeds that have been growing over all this time and there were Fox tales everywhere… I've always been lucky with my dogs, and they've never gotten one, but when I lived in Stockton I was babysitting a neighbor's dog, and he got a foxtail in his nose; it was really heartbreaking. Cindy came by and took me to my appointment with the chiropractor that Joy introduced me to, he does sports medicine, so that was very impressive for me. It was a consultation because he wasn't sure that he was going to be able to help me out, he did some poking and got rid of a lot of bumps that I had and told me that the bottom part of my shoulders has atrophied… He didn't know whether he could fix it or not but I felt a lot better after I left. By the time we got home, I could barely keep my eyes open, I was asleep almost before I got to bed and Rosa kept waking me up so I could eat. After I ate I fell asleep and didn't wake up until my mom came down and woke me up at midnight, I went right back to sleep and didn't wake up until 6 AM when Karen came in. I never sleep that much, and it felt great, usually, I sleep 2,3 or 4 hours, and then I awake. It felt so great to sleep that good, and I'm sure it's because of all the adjusting the chiropractor did on me.

Thursday was another pretty good day. Karen came in and fed the hungry boys and then fed me, she got me dressing up in my chair and I took Robby for a cruise over to and around the ballpark a couple of times, we stayed away from the Fox tales. I rested for a bit, and then Dude and I took off for the dentist way down on water Street, I think it's about 3 1/2 miles away. It was nice to see Dr. Villa, and he said that my teeth looked good considering how long it has been since I've seen a dentist, I usually go in every three months just to get them really really cleaned. On the way back when we got in front of the courthouse, I stopped to turn my music back on, and I noticed dudes sniffing in the grass where the fox feels were so I tried to get out of there but he started sneezing… I waited until he was finished and then kept on cruising back home, but every time I would stop he would begin to seizing again. When I got home he wasn't sneezing, but I thought I better call the vet and see if they can take a look at him because I know he can start sneezing and blood is going to come out after the vet closes. They all love Dude so they said to bring them in, and they would keep him until they close and take a look at him when they have time. Nathan and Corinne went to pick him up for me, they were here to visit for a few days, but they were taking a nap when I got home. It's a good thing I got him in because Dr. Shuman said he had two foxtails way up inside of his nose, he gave it to them to show me. Dr. Sherman said they had to sedate him, and since they were closing she said we could pick him up, but he's really loopy when they got them home. He could barely stand up… He kept falling over. We got him some food and some water and put him in his kennel, and after a couple of hours, he was good as new. The best vet in the world! The girls decorated the bedroom that my niece was going to stay in and the living room because she didn't get to celebrate her graduation from nursing school, I felt so bad because that is such a great accomplishment. Rosa put me to bed, and we ordered some Mexican food and played cribbage after we were done I tried to watch TV, but I fell asleep. I was still so relaxed from the chiropractor adjusting me. I'm going in again to see him on Monday and bring my left so he can put me on the table and work on me some more, I'm so excited, and I hope he takes me on as a client. I messaged Vince to see if he was out and about today, it was my first day out and I was hoping I would run into him. I talked to him on Facebook messenger for a while, and she sent me a picture of himself up at the lighthouse.




























Friday was a beautiful relaxing day. Karen came in and fed the hungry fur babies and then we do some personal care and a nice long hot bath, we finish surprisingly early… It was about 11 AM. Nathan and Corinne took off to spend some time with Nathan's dad and visit with some friends in Tracy and Modesto. It was nice to get back to bed early and just have the rest of the day to relax and watch TV. Joy came in and took Dude out for a little cruise. Adriana came in and I was on the phone with Bank of America. Apparently, there were several withdrawals from my account from domainpeople… They were charging me like $26 since the beginning of April, eight charges were just from yesterday. I just got this credit card but they put a stop to it right then and there. It was up to 900 and something dollars, I'm so glad I caught it. Adriana went to the store for my mom and me and then made me a nice big salad from the lettuce from my aunt's garden, it was so good! She asked me if they had rented the end places on their triplex and I said no so she said she was interested and I texted my aunt and she came across the street to show her the unit, I think it'll be really lovely to have Adriana living next door. She was really excited and took the application home to fill it out and shall bring it back tomorrow. My aunt seemed excited also, she thanked me several times for suggesting Adriana, and she also said how nice it would be to have somebody that close in case my mom or I need something. The rest of the night I downloaded some more pictures, watch TV, listen to music, and caught up on my blog.

Saturday was a pretty good day. Cindy came in and fed the hungry boys and then fed me, got me dressed and up in my chair. I was going to get up but then I remembered both of the boys were going to the puppy play date with Woofpack and it was too late so I didn't want to cancel them. I might as well spend one of the few days I have left in bed before I can get up and get out of here. Cindy went over to storage to get my portable Hoyer lift because we needed it for my appointment with the chiropractor on Monday, I had an appointment last Monday and he did a little bit of adjusting on my back and it felt so great and I slept so good and wanted to try it again. He said he could probably do a lot better if you could get me on his table so we told him we would bring the left. Of course, when she got it back to the house there was a part missing, I found the part and ordered it but we had to have my uncle come over and see what he had in his garage that we could use for that one part until it got here. Adriana came by and we went through a bunch of drawers and I threw away about two or three big bags of stuff, I was really proud of myself. I wasn't sure when my nephew and niece were going to come back so we decided to order a bunch of pizza. My mom came down and ate pizza with us and we save the rest or when the kids came back. It was late when they got back so I don't know if they got any or not but I ended up buying way too much and I have to admit it was really good. I was only going to eat one piece of pizza but I ended up eating two, luckily I only ate one hot wing and then some salad. I was asleep by the time the kids came back so I don't know if they ate any or not. Adriana got to meet Rich and the two girls, the two girls are so excited to be able to hang out with Niko and vice versa.








Sunday was another relaxing day. Cindy came in and fed the hungry crew and then fed, I decided to stay in bed and get some more of my room straightened out… My goal was to have my house and my garage gone through and I was hoping to get rid of a lot of stuff, I am kind of impressed because I did get rid of a lot and were coming merrily and of the shelter at home and my house in my yard looks pretty good. I can't wait until this is all over and we are going to have some major parties. The kids came in and said goodbye and took off to the airport to go back home, It was a really short stay but we had a good time. Because of the circumstances, we couldn't do very much but they promised they would be back around Thanksgiving. I was starting to get really uncomfortable, I was getting chills and my back was sweating but I was cold so I knew it was either my bladder or my bowels so as soon as the kids left I texted Karen and asked if she could come over and start the program. When she got here I was soaked, it was definitely my bladder. The sad thing is is that we just changed my SP tube on Wednesday because when she came in on Wednesday I was soaked. I don't know what is wrong? I guess next week I better go see Dr. Newsom so she can figure out what's going on. After she changed my SP tube I felt much better and we went on to do the personal-care and a nice long hot bath. After the bath, I went back to bed and it felt so good to not have chills, and to be clean and warm I just fell asleep.

1 comment:

betty said...

Those pizzas look good Tammie! Glad you got the fox tails out of Dude's nose. Sounds painful!

Betty