Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Getting back out there...

Monday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and fed the fur babies, fed me, got me dressed, and up in my chair. It's so awesome to have the whole day to cruise around. Robby is moving a little slow this morning, so we took a slow cruise down to Depot Park and back, it just seems to have good days and bad days but I guess don't we all? I rested for a while and then I took Dude and we set off for cruise through Depot Park and down to the end of the wharf and back a couple of times, I wanted to go over to the boardwalk and see what it looks like over there because I haven't been over there for so long but I fear the ground was too hot and I need to get Dude used to his tennis shoes again so the heat won't hurt his feet. It did get a little bit too warm so we cruised back and hung out in the air-conditioned house until Adriana came to take me to my appointment with my new chiropractor Dr. Murray, we remembered the lift but got all the way over there and I remembered I forgot the sling so he did what he could… It still made a huge difference and I felt a lot better. On the way back we stopped at Staff of Life and got some more bone broth so Heather can make me some more soups, I'm going to start drinking a lot more soup so when it comes time for my colonoscopy it will be easier I hope. We headed back home and we hung out in the house for a while until we cool down and then hung out in the yard, I just can't get over how beautiful my yard is! Rosa came in a and fed the boys and then put me to bed and fed me, I was so comfortable and fell right to sleep after I ate. Rosa buzzed around for a little bit and I didn't even hear her leave but I woke up right after she left and watch TV for a while until he drifted back off to sleep.
























 Tuesday was a pretty good day. My uncle's birthday! Cindy came in and fed the hungry crew, fed me, and then got me up in my chair. The Woofpack came to get Robby and Cindy took Dude and me over to my appointment to get an echocardiogram for my procedure at the end of the month. Luckily the hospital still isn't that crowded and we were in and out of there pretty fast. We dropped off a package at the post office and then headed over to Costco to get some fruit and of course, I always end up getting a bunch of stuff that wasn't on the list. We cruised over to Safeway to pick up my prescriptions for the colonoscopy and of course more stuff that I probably don't need. Rosa is going to make some enchiladas for my uncle for his birthday so we headed home to set everything up, as we got home we could hear this really loud noises coming from next door… They are taking down the carport, of all days! So we decided to set up dinner in my room, we planned on eight people and then Rich's daughters showed up so it was a really nice turnout and everybody had a great time… The food was awesome! We visited for a while and then everybody cleaned up and went home and Rosa put me to bed, I was still pretty exhausted and I had a stomach ache from of course eating stuff that I shouldn't eat so I fell right to sleep… Whenever I don't feel good I just want to sleep until I feel better. I slept through the night, I woke up briefly when Adriana came in to take the dogs out. It was hot but a really great day!








Wednesday was a nice relaxing day. Karen came in and fed the boys and we did some personal care and a nice long hot relaxing bath, apparently I'm still so tired because I slipped through pretty much everything… Karen woke me up before she left to tell me that I better eat because I haven't eaten anything all day. I ate and then I was awake. I listen to some music and added to my blog until Joy came to take a dude out for a stretch. I can still know the construction or deconstruction going on next door and it's so loud, I even have really good insulation and it still annoying. Rosa came in and fed the hungry crew and then put me to bed, I was really tired and Rosa decided to take everything off the shelves and dust… It looked like it hadn't been done for years and it was really bad. No wonder I'm getting headache and itching all over, I hope this takes care of it but I do eat a lot of stuff that I allergic to so I need to stop that. I was going to be a lot of dust so after Rosa left I turned on the air purifier and drifted off to sleep. I planted some marijuana plants in my backyard and they are doing great!


Thursday turned out to be such an awesome day! Today is my birthday! I am 59 years old today! Karen came in and the plan was just to get me up so I can cruise around in this beautiful weather but my derrière had a different idea, we ended up doing personal care and a nice long hot bath. It was already 1 PM when we finished so I was just going to stay in bed, Karen asked me after I got out of the tub "do you want to get out or do you want to stay in bed?" I said "I think I'll just stay in bed" and as soon as you put me back to bed I fell asleep, I woke up later and I was dressed and ready to get in my chair so I thought okay I'll just get up for a couple of hours. Little did I know that they were setting up the living room for a surprise birthday party for me, I guess I didn't even look at the cameras… I'm just so used to them being there I don't really look at them that much anymore. I took Robby for a cruise around the ballpark, he is not having a good day. His back right leg kept giving out and I wasn't sure if the pavement was really hot so it was just a quick trip. On my way back I saw Heather turn down my street so I talked to her for a while and Karen came out to see if I needed her to switch dogs so I could take Dude for a walk. Heather said she would do it so we came into my room and pretty soon the door opened up and it was Adriana, is always a nice surprise to see her. She said, "do you want to come to the living room and see your surprise?" I love putting together parties for other people but I just not much for celebrating and I thought I had escaped the whole birthday thing. Adriana told me the party was going to start at 3:30 PM so I took Dude for a cruise over to the wharf and took some pictures, it was beautiful out in the sun hadn't burnt off the fog yet. I came back just as Everone was starting to come over, my mom came down from upstairs, my aunt and uncle came over from across the street, even Karen and her husband Luis came over… Usually, they don't and it was really nice to see them! Rosa, Adriana, Cindy, and Adela all came to wish me a happy birthday… It was so awesome! I wasn't nervous at all, in fact, we had a great time. They made Carnitas, rice, beans and they had tortillas… It was so delicious! For dessert, they got a key lime pie and a fruit tart from The Buttery. I really wasn't feeling very good from the personal-care before but this sure cheered me up. It's so nice to sit down and reminisce, my uncle has the best stories. Niko came by after his day on the beach but didn't stay very long because he was tired, he really did look tired. Adriana put me to bed while everybody else cleaned up, they are such an incredible extended family… I don't know what I would do without them. Karen came back over with a shot of tequila from Mexico for everybody, I had a little shot and went to bed and I was so relaxed. My plan was to edit the pictures from that day and put them on my blog, and I did get the images written. Still, then I saw a bunch of happy birthday wishes on Facebook so I read them all, what a great feeling to understand birthday wishes from so many people and it brought back such great memories. After that was out. I woke up about 2 AM and tried to go back to sleep for a while, and then eventually, I heard my mom walking around upstairs, so I asked her she would come down and get me a Lorazepam. I was out again until.





























 Friday was a beautiful relaxing day. I woke up at 2 AM and couldn't go back to sleep, so I heard my mom walking around upstairs and texted her to see if she would come down and get me a lorazepam and a couple of PMs, that knocked me back out until Karen came in at 6 AM. I woke up long enough to eat some toast and tea, and then I was out again and didn't wake up until Karen was leaving. I really wanted to stay in bed yesterday because I was exhausted and although I'm happy I got up today I'm just not doing it. I ate some noodles and some nectarines and some coffee, and then I was awake enough to watch a webinar about spinal cord injury, I have never attended one before, but it was exciting. I managed to stay awake for a couple of hours, and I watched a couple shows on TiVo, listen to some music until Adriana came in to feed the boys, feed me, wash my face and brush my teeth. After I ate, I had some medical marijuana chocolate, so hopefully, I'll be able to sleep the night. I watched TV for a while, and then I drifted back off to sleep.








 Saturday was a beautiful relaxing day. Cindy came in and fed the boys and then fed me, I had already looked at the weather, and it was going to be overcast and cloudy, so I decided to just stay in bed and send the boys off on their last puppy play date together. The Woofpack came to get the boys, and I basically only watch TV, listen to music… I listen to Michael Franti, and his wife Sara do a podcast, they are so fresh and inspirational! Maria from the Woofpack texted me and told me that dude had a red love on the side of his body, she took a picture, and I will take him in on Monday morning to see if everything is okay. Omar came by and put together a basketball stand/hoop, I'm hoping it goes low enough so I can use it… According to the description on Amazon, I should be able to. I definitely need to get some more exercise! Adriana came in to feed the boys and get me something to eat, and she brought her brother's girlfriend; she seemed really nice. She brushed my teeth, washed my face, and took off. They ended up leaving pretty early, so around nine or 10 o'clock, I can hear Dude whining so I had my mom come down and take them out to go to the bathroom. About an hour or so later, Adriana came back to let them out a final time; I was starving, so she gave me some Ritz crackers with peanut butter and went back to get some rest. I watched TV for a while and added some pictures to my blog before I was out.






 Sunday was another beautiful relaxing day. Cindy came in and fed the hungry fur babies and then fed me, I found these already made pancakes at Cosco, and they were pretty good, I can't have pancakes too often, but I love them. Karen got me some delicious jam from Big Basin I have such fond memories from that place… We used to camp there every summer, and I remember how fun it was and every night was a bonfire and sing-along. I had jam on my pancakes and bacon… It was so good! Adela came in to clean up and water outside, I just love the way my yard is looking! My aunt just happened to be working in the garden this morning when one of the Monarch butterflies hatched out of its cocoon, it was so amazing to watch! Luckily she got some pictures and a couple of videos, I think there's about a dozen more in her little butterfly hatchery. Karen came in and we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath, it was nice to get back to bed and relax for the rest of the evening. I watched TV and thought about getting up next week, I'm so excited! I will still have to wear a face mask which means no glasses because they get fogged up but I'm just glad to be out and about and taking pictures again.







1 comment:

betty said...

How cool with the butterfly coming out of its cocoon! Great pictures of it happening!

Happy belated birthday Tammie! Your party looked wonderful and so much fun!

betty