Friday, September 13, 2019

No more family and friends, getting back into the swing of living in Santa Cruz…

Monday was a really good day. Karen came in and fed the hungry fur babies and then we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath, for some reason my legs usually a little bit harder and takes a little bit longer but is definitely a necessity so we do it. She got me dressed in up in my chair and I took Robby out for a nice long cruise, he's feeling so good these days so I want to give them some really nice exercise but not too much so I watch him closely and if he starts dragging his feet or panting too hard we just come home and I give him some CBD and he spends the rest of the day on the back porch or on the Chase looking out the window into the front yard which is something he never did when he was working and I think he really enjoys it. We came back and I rested for a bit before I took Dude out for a nice long cruise through Depot Park, to the end of the wharf and back a couple times. I see this guy at the boat rentals almost every day and is always so happy and smiling and joking with everyone, he always waves when I go by and when I went by today she was putting the boats on the other side of the wharf and as he went by he said hi and we talked for a few minutes… He said his name is Chris and he sees me go by every day for the last 10 years so I'm glad we finally met. I started to head over to the boardwalk and saw Vince and stopped and talked to him for a bit, he was talking with a couple between the boardwalk and the wharf… Almost every time I see him somebody is talking about or with, he's such an awesome guy! Admit his wife a couple of times and she is awesome too! I always feel really comfortable and I love hearing his stories. It was getting cold, I had taken off my sweater because I thought it was going to be hot, so I headed back home and just hung out and watched TV until Rosa came in. She fed the crew and then put me to bed and fed me. We were supposed to play cribbage but my aunt and uncle were gone and I think both my mom and I work feeling very well so we decided to cancel. After Rosa went home I just watch TV and edit pictures for a while before I fell asleep.





















Tuesday was another good day. Cindy came in and fed the critters and then fed me, she got me dressed and up in my chair and the Woofpack came to pick up Robby for his play date… He just adores that group. Dude and I took off for a nice long cruise through Depot Park, down to the end of the wharf and back and down to the end of the boardwalk and back home. On Tuesdays, I like to go to Ross because I get a 10% discount because I'm 55… Or older… I like to go every week because are starting to put out the Halloween stuff and if there's anything cool there I don't want to miss it. I found a really cool skeleton wedding statue! We cruised over to Target to see if they had any cool Halloween decorations out yet but they didn't, we got some tissue paper for a housewarming gift, Cindy wrapped it when we got back and it looks awesome! I rested for a bit and then when Robby came back the boys and I hung out in the driveway, Robby has been so playful lately and he's even wanting to play with Dude.



















































Wednesday was a long relaxing day. Susan came in and gave me a nice long two-hour massage, I was really sore today for some reason and it felt amazing! Karen came in and we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath, the mobile groomer came by to give Robby and Dude a bath also. I decided to stay in bed and relax, it's been really hot outside and since Wednesday mornings are so long I'm pretty sure by the time I get up in my chair it's going to be in the high 80s and I won't really be able to go anywhere anyway. I edited pictures and wrote in my blog, listen to music, watch TV, listen to an audiobook… It was a great day! Rosa came in and fed the starving fur babies and then got me something to eat. I notice this week that Google Glass is starting to burn the right side of my four head, it gets really hot by the end of the day. I think I'm going to have to give up and send it to my brother, usually when I say that it works really good in the next couple of days. She washed my face and brush my teeth and then headed for home. I listen to music until he fell asleep.


Thursday was another pretty good day. Karen came in and fed the guys and gal, fed me and got me dressed and up in my chair. I took Robby for a cruise around depo park, they're starting to set everything up for the Ironman triathlon next weekend, it's hard to get around because they have everything blocked off… I can't believe it's been a year already! We cruised back and then I took Dude and we took off for my appointment downtown with Carol my psychologist, I really like meeting at Abbott Square. After my appointment with Carol, we cruised back to the house for my next appointment, Steve from open lock… One of my automatic doors is not opening and of course, it's the one in my room, that's the one I use the most. He changed out the battery in three of my buttons and said the other one was totally dead so he was going to replace that one, he said he remembered me from last time he was here. Joy came by and we hung out for a while, she always gives me such great advice on dogs. It was too late and too hot outside so we all just hung out in the room and watch TV until Rosa came in. She fed the crew and then put me to bed and fed me. We washed my face and brush my teeth and I was out.

Friday was a really long day. Karen came in and fed the hungry crew. We did some personal care and a nice long hot bath, after I got to bed I was so comfortable I decided to stay there all day… Robby scratched open a mole or something he had on his ear so we made him a makeshift cone of shame, He really didn't mind it but dude was jealous so we made him one and he took it off within two minutes. I have no plans because the concerts are over and sometimes on the weekends it's so crowded because of Labor Day weekend. I watched TV, edited pictures and updated my blog most of the day. It was really nice and quiet here. Sara came in and fed the fur babies and then fed me, she did some laundry and then went home. I watched a couple of movies Ma and Rocketman, both were really good movies. I listen to music for a while and then fell asleep.






 Saturday was a really good day. Cindy came in and fed the boys and girl and then fed me. She got me dressed and up in my chair and the Woofpack came to get Robby for his puppy play date. Dude and I took off for a cruise through Depot Park and the wharf, they are setting up for an Ironman triathlon for Sunday… They have been saving it up all week. While we were cruising down the path that leads to the wharf I saw the train and I could see Ian and Duke hanging out the window. We cruised over to the wharf where they had set up Cowell's beach also, it looks like a lot of work went into this so I'm assuming there's going to be a lot of people doing the triathlon and then there are the people that watch. We cruised down to the end of the wharf and back, on our way down there was a fisherman who caught a stingray in his crab net… I tried to take a picture but so was everybody else in the area and although I got one shot of it everybody was just in my way. We cruised over to San Lorenzo Park where they had an event going on, San Francisco mime Troupe… I guess they put on performances about stuff that's going on around the world, this one was about affordable housing and it was hilarious. They played music for about 1/2 an hour and then the band played along with the performance, I really enjoyed it. I ran into Cecily, I always run into her at events. Heather and Mariposa showed up so we all watched it together and then Heather asked if I would like to go over to the Greek Festival, I didn't even know there was a Greek festival today. I have to figure out a way so I can know all of the stuff that's going on around here, I'm sure there's a website or something. We decided to have something to eat, I had a lamb shank, orzo, and spinach pie… It was really good! It's really hard to go out and eat because Heather cooks for me and everything she makes is so awesome that I'm always a little disappointed at restaurants. We were standing around talking and I heard somebody say "Tammie?" He turned around and she said my name again and I said "yes", I always get a little nervous when I don't recognize somebody who recognizes me. She said "your dental hygienist when you lived in San Jose, I worked for Dr. Levine" now I remember Dr. Levine and I remember I really liked his dental hygienist but I never would've been able to pick her out in a crowd… Of course, I'm a little more memorable because of the chair. I can't believe she recognized me, it's been 15 or 20 years, to me that's a really nice compliment. We are going to go over to Abbott Square and get something to drink but Heather wasn't feeling well so we went our separate ways and I came home. What a great day! Sarah came in and fed the crew and then put me to bed and fed me. I spent the rest of the evening editing the pictures I took, I took over 200 pictures today. I am so glad that Google Glass is working again, even though I have to plug in a backup battery pack so it works longer. It's been getting really hot and that makes me nervous but my brothers trying to figure out another way for me to cruise around and take pictures. I listen to music while I was editing pictures until I fell asleep.


































































Sunday was a nice relaxing day. Cindy came in and fed the fur babies and then fed me. I was so exhausted from yesterday and I wanted to finish editing all the pictures I took so I decided to stay in bed. I slept on and off, watch TV, listen to music and try to meditate for a while... I'm not very good at meditation because my mind keeps wandering but I'm working on it. Sara took the evening off and Lisa was supposed to fill in for her but I found out about Lisa and asked her not to come anymore, it breaks my heart because she is such a sweet and caring person… I'm really going to miss her. I watched a couple of movies and listen to music until I fell asleep.

1 comment:

betty said...

It is nice to hear that Robbie is doing well and is filled with energy at times and enjoys playing with Dude! I would imagine in the next few weeks the weather will start cooling down for you along the beach!

betty