Sunday, September 15, 2019

Another week of beautiful weather…

Monday was another restful day. Cindy came in, Karen is out all week, and fed the dogs and cat and fed me. Since Karen is out Rosa is going to come in early and do my personal care and my nice long hot bath so I decided to just stay in bed. I was starting to get a little antsy, I get antsy after one day in bed so more than to just make me crazy. I watched a couple more movies, I haven't been to the theater for a long time so it's nice to catch up on all the movies on paper view. Rosa came in and we did the personal care and bath, she came in at 3 PM and didn't leave till almost 10 PM. I was so exhausted I fell asleep shortly after she left.

Tuesday was another relaxing day in bed. Today is supposed to be our monthly CCI puppy play date but everybody but one person had something to do so we decided to cancel it.  Cindy came in and fed the hungry dogs and cat and then fed me. I slept on and off all day, sometimes I wish I could sleep as well at night as I can during the day... Sometimes it's actually nice when I think about it because if I stay awake all night I know I will have the whole house to myself.  today is the Ironman triathlon and I know that it's going to be really crowded and probably impossible to get around. Rosa came in and fed the fur kids and then fit me. She cleaned up and then went home, there's really not a lot to do when I don't get up. I watched some of the programs I had on TiVo and eventually fell asleep.

Wednesday was a pretty good day. Cindy came in and fed the crew and then fed me and got me dressed in up in my chair when she works for me during the week she usually likes to get out of here by 10 AM because she still has to go to her other job… I don't know how she does it, she's pretty amazing! I took Robby for a cruise around Depot Park a couple of times and then came home and rested for a bit. Dude and I took off for cruise through Depot Park were there still cleaning up from the Ironman triathlon, we cruised down to the end of the wharf and back… It's a little bit foggy today. We cruised over to the boardwalk, I love cruising around the boardwalk when there's nobody around and also it's a great place to practice some of the commands with Dude. We cruised over to the farmers market and I got some more bone broth, it's really good stuff and it's really good for you. Heather has been making some really killer soups out of it and I give it to Robby and I'm going to start drinking some myself. I'm really proud of myself for going there by myself and actually purchasing something because usually, I'm too shy, I wanted to get a Chicopee Indian rap for Rosa and I, we both love them, but I couldn't make myself do it. I have plenty of really awesome food at home that Heather made but I feel bad because Rosa was coming in again early to do the program and a bath and she won't eat anything at my house. Rosa came in and fed the fur crew, put me to bed and we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath. We were both exhausted so she went home and I fell asleep.










































Thursday was a busy day. Cindy came in and fed everybody and then got me dressed in up in my chair before she went on to her other job. I took Robby out for a cruise down around Depot Park, it's already starting to get warm… I didn't even need a sweatshirt today. We came back and Adela switched the dogs for me and dude and I took off for my appointment through downtown and over to Jennifer's office for my wax and facial. It was getting a little warmer when we were done and I had to cruise down a little further on Soquel to Jessica's office to get my hair done. I wore my sunglasses instead of my Google Glass because I knew there wasn't going to be any time to take pictures but I'm glad I got all this done in one day. By the time Jessica was done it was super hot outside and I had to come back really slowly dodging from shade to shade so Dude doesn't get his paws blistered, I'm always so paranoid about that. Yesterday when I went to the farmers market I saw one of the ladies from the CCI puppy play dates and talk to her for a while, while I was talking to her I noticed that her dog was dancing because the blacktop was too hot… I told her a couple times but she wasn't understanding what I said and then finally she saw and moved her dog to the shade real quick. I'm constantly asking people to feel the ground and see how hot it is. Rosa came in and put me to bed and I took a couple of Gabapentin and before long I was out.

Friday was another relaxing day. I woke up about 9 AM and nobody was here, I remember Cindy saying that she could work every day but Friday but I thought that was for next month when Karen was gone. I called my mom and had her come down to feed the hungry crew, by now it's the starving crew.  My aunt came over and I talked to her for a little bit and then she left. She came back a while later to let the dogs out. I finished catching up on my blog and then watch TV for a while before Sara came in, even though the concerts are over I've been having Sara come in at 8 PM so I have a little bit longer to cruise around… It feels great to stay out that late and I don't have to worry as much about the heat. Around 2:00 PM I started to get chills, sweating and a headache… That's when I start panicking. I waited and hoped it would go away and tell Sara came in but it only got worse. She fed the hungry critters and then came back to try to decide what we need to do. Sara hasn't been here long enough to know how to change my SP tube or know how to check and see if it's my bowels. I really hated to do it but I finally decided we just need to call Karen for help, she was exhausted but luckily still at home. she went with her other client to help her out in DC and I know she got back really late last night. Karen came over and after getting everything ready to change the tube and noticed although I have the right size catheter, I know that because the little tip on the end is purple, but the balloon inside the catheter is 5 mL and we have been putting 10 mL of saline solution back in them… Before I always got the 22 French with 10 mL balloon. Karen showed to her how to change the tube and as soon as she took out the old tube and inserted the new one year and started coming out a lot and I almost immediately felt better. Karen went on home and we finished cleaning me up and the bad and I felt so much better, so did Sara. She sat me back up to my computer and got me something to eat and then went on home. I watch the People's Court for a while and then fell asleep, all that excitement made me exhausted.

Saturday I stayed in bed but it was a rough morning. Cindy came in and fed the fur babies and then fed me. After last night's fiasco, I decided we should do my personal care and bath this morning so unfortunately, that means staying in bed. The Woofpack came to pick up Robby and we decided to start the annoying and time-consuming task. I can't believe that this is only Cindy's second time and once again she did it perfectly, she seems to be very careful but thorough. We did some personal care and then, of course, a nice long hot relaxing bath. She got me back in bed and set me up just as Sara came in for her shift. I forgot we were going to have to do the personal-care so I was going to have Sara take me to Safeway to get the stuff to make Chile Relleno casserole, Sara was talking about it the other day and it sounds so delicious. Since I stayed in bed Sara cruised over and got the ingredients and made Chile Relleno casserole, I'm so excited! It was amazing! Sara is such a good cook!

Sunday was a nice relaxing day. Cindy came in to feed the crew, I wasn't feeling well so I decided to stay in bed. Heather came by and did some cooking, some of my favorite dishes that she cooks! She always knows how to make me feel better! I was hoping I would sleep all day when I'm not feeling well all I want to do is sleep until I felt better but I just couldn't make myself go to sleep. It's probably for the best because if I sleep all day I'm going to be awake all night, hopefully, I'll sleep good tonight. Sara came in and fed the hungry animals and then fed me. She cleaned up a little bit and then went home. I watched a movie that I started watching last night, Little, and then I watched a couple of episodes of 90-day fiancé, before the 90 days. I listen to the calm.com website for a little bit until I fell asleep.

1 comment:

betty said...

Hoping you are feeling all better by now, Tammie! Its amazing how many dogs I see out here being walked when the temperatures are over 105 degrees and they aren't wearing any type of protective shoes, etc., on their paws.

betty